Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

15 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Randy_Constan.jpg

All that's missing is a maple leaf.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

no celebration of the Sabres killing it with their 50th anny 3rds?

cut.jpg

I think this is the rare case where the navy blue has worked out well for us.  I don't think the gold would look right with the royal blue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I dont know what to do....  so used to complaining.  They do something right, I feel like there has been a rip in the fabric of time or something.

they also livened it up with theme nights and such.  Something I have been railing on for years.  Almost like they finally got rid of unimaginative, tenured 'marketing geniuses' and are joining this century

Saturday, Oct. 5 vs. New Jersey - Home Opener (Captains Night)

Team captains from throughout franchise history will be welcomed back for a special pregame ceremony as the Sabres take the ice for their first home game of The Golden Season.

Saturday, Nov. 2 vs New York Islanders - 70s Night

The inaugural team, The French Connection, The Fog Game - we're turning back the clock to celebrate the first decade in Sabres history. 

Saturday, Nov. 16 vs Ottawa - Hockey Fights Cancer Night in partnership with Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

The Sabres continue an annual tradition as part of the NHL initiative that unites the hockey community in support of cancer patients and their families. Join us and let us know who you fight for. 

Monday, Dec. 2 vs. New Jersey - Founders' Night

We're commemorating the 50th anniversary of the date that Buffalo was officially awarded an NHL Franchise - Dec. 2, 1969. 

Thursday, Dec. 12 vs. Nashville - 80s Night (Aud Night)

Dust off your neon shirts and high-waisted jeans as we remember the franchise's second decade, with a special focus on the building that started it all. 

Saturday, Jan. 4 vs. Florida - 90s Night

Break out your black and red to celebrate the decade that brought us the likes of Pat LaFontaine, Dominik Hasek and Michael Peca.

Thursday, Feb. 13 vs. Columbus - 2000s Night

iPods. "American Idol." Chris Drury and Daniel Briere. This night will be good - scary good. 

Friday, March 13 vs. Boston - 2010s Night

We look back at the most recent decade of Sabres history, from Ryan Miller and Thomas Vanek to Jack Eichel and Rasmus Dahlin. 

Saturday, March 21 vs. Chicago - "Best Of" Night

We're taking a night to remember the greatest moments, players and personalities in Sabres history. 

Sunday, March 22 vs. New York Rangers - Military Appreciation Night

Join us as we continue the league-wide tradition of honoring our nation's active and veteran military personnel. 

Saturday, April 4 vs. Philadelphia - Fan Appreciation Night

We conclude The Golden Season with a focus on the fans who made 50 years of Sabres hockey possible while also looking ahead toward the future

and they also got creative with ticket packages
Mini-Packs give fans the opportunity to create their own bundle of six or more games. Mini-Packs offer savings off box office prices, no fees on purchases, and the opportunity to buy playoff tickets before the general public. 

But wait, there's more! Packages of eight games of more come with a commemorative 50th Season gift.

Having trouble choosing? Here are the themed Mini-Packs available for 2019-20:

• Original Six Pack - See the Sabres host some of the NHL's most storied franchises, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Montreal, the New York Rangers, and Toronto. 

• 50th Season Pack - Step into our time machine as we take you through 50 years of Sabres hockey, including themed nights for each decade, Captains Night, Founders' Night, and Fan Appreciation Night, among others. Fans who choose this package receive a $50 Sabrebuck card.

• Kids Pack - This six-game set includes each of the season's "Kids Day" games, all of which take place on weekend or holiday afternoons.

• Weekend Pack - Enjoy eight Friday or Saturday games, featuring matchups with New Jersey, the New York Islanders, Boston (twice), Florida, Columbus, Chicago, and Philadelphia.

• Sunday Fun Day Pack - Once the Bills season wraps up, spend your Sundays with us at KeyBank Center. This pack includes five Sunday games in February and March featuring matchups with Anaheim, Toronto, Winnipeg, Carolina, and the New York Rangers.

• The Aud Pack - These five opponents wear colors resembling the seats in Memorial Auditorium - New Jersey (red), Columbus (blue), Nashville (gold), Vegas (gold), and Philadelphia (orange). This pack includes tickets to "Aud Night," which will be held Dec. 12 vs. the Predators. 

• Cats and Dogs Pack - Here's one for the animal lovers. Come see the Sabres face eight teams with cats or dogs as their mascots (Florida, Arizona, Ottawa, Calgary, Nashville, Los Angeles, Edmonton, and Colorado). A portion of proceeds will benefit Ullmark's Barks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, BillsFan4 said:

This is from a Finnish poster on another site. He translated the part of the video interview with Risto in that MTV link. Gives a bit clearer picture. 

Changes the entire conversation.   Keep this in mind when you hear governments are in negotiation about just about anything.

On 8/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

I have been a fan of this team since 1973. I don’t remember being as down on this team as I am now. 

New coach (anything's better than Housley), new talent all around, better defense (especially if/when they trade Risto.  Can't be any worse than it's been.

Note: Did you by chance go to BU?

Those 50th anniversary sweaters are terrible!  And who thought they should be worn with those white gloves!?  

It seems like these things have been very well received by Sabres fans, for the most part.

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

With respect to Risto I don't see a deal being executed, if at all, until many of the free agents on the market are signed. Once those players are signed then the teams can make decisions on whether they need to move players to accommodate those large salaries within the cap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

With respect to Risto I don't see a deal being executed, if at all, until many of the free agents on the market are signed. Once those players are signed then the teams can make decisions on whether they need to move players to accommodate those large salaries within the cap.

I also get the impression that the holdup at this point is all the big name RFA’s that remain unsigned (like Connor and Laine in Winnipeg, a team that desperately needs RH defenseman). 

26 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I also get the impression that the holdup at this point is all the big name RFA’s that remain unsigned (like Connor and Laine in Winnipeg, a team that desperately needs RH defenseman). 

Paul Hamilton has on a number of occasions brought up Winnipeg as a destination for Risto if he were to be dealt. He has insinuated that the contours of a deal have already been established but until the free agents are signed the details can't be worked out. Craig Rivet on the Instigators gushes over Connor. I would love to deal for him but it would take a Risto plus player/s to get that deal done. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Paul Hamilton has on a number of occasions brought up Winnipeg as a destination for Risto if he were to be dealt. He has insinuated that the contours of a deal have already been established but until the free agents are signed the details can't be worked out. Craig Rivet on the Instigators gushes over Connor. I would love to deal for him but it would take a Risto plus player/s to get that deal done. 

They’d move Laine first. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

They’d move Laine first. 

You are probably right. Because Connor plays such a high end two way go I would prefer Connor.  From a cap perspective the Jets are going to be tightly squeezed after they sign their primary players. Attached is a link of their roster and stats. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/winnipeg-jets-players-2018-19-nhl-stats.html

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Jack is primed to continue on the path to stardom. The most intriguing issue for me is who is going to be on his line? Do you split his line of Skinner and Reinhart to upgrade the second line? Or do you keep his elite line together with him and Skinner and Reinhart. There is some of talk from the GM suggesting that Reinhart could be moved to the second line in order to balance out the top two lines. I understand the reasoning but prefer keeping the premier Jack line in tact. 

• Like (+1) 1

??

https://sports.yahoo.com/sabres-dahlin-tells-ap-hes-better-prepared-2nd-220705978--nhl.html

Last season didn't sit well with Buffalo Sabresdefenseman Rasmus Dahlin.

Unaccustomed to losing and no longer a rookie, Dahlin told The Associated Press on Thursday he feels better prepared and is far more driven to help transform the Sabres into contenders.

''I'm putting more pressure on myself. We're going to be a winning team and be in the playoffs,'' Dahlin said. ''I think everyone is putting more pressure on ourselves now, and we're ready to go.''

The first player selected in the 2018 draft is so eager to put last year behind him, he was among the first Sabres players to hit the ice at the team's practice facility, some three weeks before teams open training camp. He arrived in Buffalo from his native Sweden on Tuesday, and would have been back in town a few days earlier if not for travel complications......

Good stuff @john wawrow

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That kid is tremendous.  I doubt the laziness surrounding this team the last few years will suck the life out of his game like it has done to most of the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

The GM in short order has substantially remade the defensive unit. He added Montour last year, and traded for Collin Miller and Henri Jokiharju this offseason. What was given up for the return was minimal. If Risto is retained, even for the short term, then our top two pairings will be good with plenty of depth. We also have a couple of credible prospects in the system that are ready to make the jump. 

The biggest challenge and issue is whether the GM bolstered the second and lower lines enough to give more balance to the offense? This is where the Risto asset/chip comes into play. 

• Like (+1) 1