Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

4 hours ago, BritBill said:

Does anybody know when the pre-season schedule is announced?

usually later int he spring i think...maybe like mid-June..prolly after the Cup is finished.

Pegulas know the value of a doubleheader, good chance they will home the Friday or Saturday before the Pats game.

I noticed the last few years more and more  Sabres regular season  home games on Bills weekends..think TPegs gives up other weekend games to make sure he has plenty of doubleheader weekends in the fall.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you my friend. As you suggest, I'm hoping to catch the Sabres the Saturday before the Pats game. 

Not a big hockey fan but I'm sure little one would enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2019 at 9:57 AM, KD in CA said:

98-0!!!

They'll be the first team to ever win 98 in a row but not win the Cup.  Don't ask me how that's possible.  They'll find a way.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The attached 12 minute link is a Paul Hamilton segment on WGR. There is a discussion about acquiring Kessler or Duchene. I thought this was a good segment.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/05-21-paul-hamilton-howard-and-jeremy-0

Cant listen now, but isnt Kessler having hip surgery???

edit

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/kesler-undergoes-successful-hip-surgery/c-307371022

While it's unlikely he will play in 2019-20, we will support any decision he makes about his future playing career.

Is Botteril this dumb? 

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The attached 12 minute link is a Paul Hamilton segment on WGR. There is a discussion about acquiring Kessler or Duchene. I thought this was a good segment.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/05-21-paul-hamilton-howard-and-jeremy-0

Isn't Kesler completely broken at this point?  I seem to remember something about potential career ending surgery.  If they're suggesting taking on a cap hit in exchange for assets, I might understand it, but it's odd to see that option on the same list as Duchene.

Edit: I should learn to read posts from plenz.  Difficult, I know, but there might sometimes be value to them.

Edited by shrader
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, shrader said:

Isn't Kesler completely broken at this point?  I seem to remember something about potential career ending surgery.  If they're suggesting taking on a cap hit in exchange for assets, I might understand it, but it's odd to see that option on the same list as Duchene.

Edit: I should learn to read posts from plenz.  Difficult, I know, but there might sometimes be value to them.

You know that. I know that. Paul Hamilton? Well, ‘nuff said. 

I thought Kesler was a typo. Figured he meant Kessel or someone. LOL if he actually said Kesler. 

Ryan Kesler is most likely out for the entire 2019-20 season already, and may be done playing all together.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la-sp-ryan-kesler-ducks-surgery-20190513-story.html

And he’s owed almost $7M a year for 3 more years. 

I loved Kesler back in the day, but he hasn’t been the same player for years now between the back and hip injuries, and may in fact be completely done. Plus he has a no trade clause and loves Anaheim. 

Nobody is trading for Kesler unless it’s as a cap dump after he’s on permanent LTIR. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I thought Kesler was a typo. Figured he meant Kessel

Now there's an interesting possibility for the original post.  The double "s" misspell of the name makes it sound reasonable.