Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

Just now, JohnC said:

So far the announced deals are marginal deals that won't help or hurt us much this season. For me, that's a good thing. It appears that the GM is keeping players such as Risto and Montour and not being forced to deal players because there is pressure to make a change for the sake of making a change for a floundering team. I'm not against making bigger deals per se. But I believe that the offseason is the better time to make these more substantial deals. Maybe this current good run has taken some of the pressure/urgency to take an action for the sake of taking an action? 

I have become more convinced after watching Risto play this season that he is an important piece to this team's roster puzzle. And it is evident that the renaissance HC feels the same way. 

Didn't you say we could judge the Scandella trade once we knew what Montreal got for him?  How's it look now?

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

-------------------------------------

you really think the Sabres can finish off 10-5-5?  all due respect but.....

They might not have to be that good. The way the Leafs are playing they will be lucky to finish .500. They are near the bottom of the league in goals against. Florida is right behind them so the Sabres and the Habs do have a shot. 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I dont know this Kuhan at all, hope he can help.  But I am sure Sheary is happy to be going back to Pittsburgh.

Listening to WGR, they said he has had a good year, plays on left wing with malkin, dealt with some injury, an “invested” type of player 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

They might not have to be that good. The way the Leafs are playing they will be lucky to finish .500. They are near the bottom of the league in goals against. Florida is right behind them so the Sabres and the Habs do have a shot. 

Leafs just don't want to turn on the switch, 2 points ahead of Florida give them comfort

same as it always was with this team aside from the years that Sittler and Gilmour were on the ice...

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Listening to WGR, they said he has had a good year, plays on left wing with malkin, dealt with some injury, an “invested” type of player 

If notched 10 goals paired with bums like Malkin his game will take off surrounded by real talent like Vesey and Lazar.  The sky is the limit for the Big Kahuna! 

EDIT:  Just saw that Big Kahuna was the 23rd runner up for the Lady Byng last year so we know hes not the biggest ***** in the league.  I like this deal more and more!!!

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

It's .500 hockey.

I think they are toast based on their schedule vs what the Leafs have left...but i will be hoping and praying that they keep it close so the games mean something and i have an excuse to drink beers on the porch!. But as of right now, i say they have less than 2% chance to make it.

@YoloinOhio, Pitt stat geeks and writers seem divided on Kuhan...sounds like a good chance to take for two pieces that were not going to be here next year

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know a thing about Kahun, but the numbers look intriguing.  On top of that, they took two players they didn't want anymore and turned it into a guy who they have control of for a couple years.  I'm happy with that much.

• Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I wish you're right, but we don't have the goaltending to pull it off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

I wish you're right, but we don't have the goaltending to pull it off.

Unfortunately, that’s true. Which is a shame, because we can deny shot opportunities when we have to. I mean the Peg went the final 9+ minutes without a shot on goal yesterday. Ralph shortened the hell out of his bench to do it, but we are capable nonetheless. Too bad our goaltending is so suspect. 

Looks pretty good. It’s only his 2nd NHL season too. I am definitely intrigued by Kahun. 

I think we got the best player in the deal, and I love that they traded a UFA and an RFA with an expensive qualifying offer, who weren’t in their plans for a promising young forward. Bonus that they sent out like $5M in cap and Kahun is making $925k (plus any bonuses he hits).

83E4E1B2-C771-4B69-9454-83F971912D24.jpeg

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Looks pretty good. It’s only his 2nd NHL season too. I am definitely intrigued by Kahun. 

I think we got the best player in the deal, and I love that they traded 2 UFA’s who weren’t in their plans for a promising young forward. Bonus that they sent out like $5M in cap and Kahun is making $925k (plus any bonuses he hits).

i was reading on Twitter somehere, will try to find it, that cap savings is important relative to the bonus payouts for Dahlin, Goalfson and someone else. Seems like BOTS freed up enough room to pay with this years cap money and not have to do with next years...so credit where credit is due..good job Bots

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If notched 10 goals paired with bums like Malkin his game will take off surrounded by real talent like Vesey and Lazar.  The sky is the limit for the Big Kahuna! 

Point taken.

And we shall see who Rodriguez gets paired with so he can blossom into a goal scoring magician.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think we got the best player in the deal, and I love that they traded a UFA and an RFA with an expensive qualifying offer, who weren’t in their plans for a promising young forward. Bonus that they sent out like $5M in cap and Kahun is making $925k (plus any bonuses he hits).

If Kahun does anything more than just skate up and down the ice during a game, we will have gotten the best player in the trade. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

If Kahun does anything more than just skate up and down the ice during a game, we will have gotten the best player in the trade. 

If he only ***** his pants in half of his scoring opportunities and doesn't look like an oversized man child who still eats chapstick, licks windows, and cuts his own hair he will be an immediate upgrade over ERod.  

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

i was reading on Twitter somehere, will try to find it, that cap savings is important relative to the bonus payouts for Dahlin, Goalfson and someone else. Seems like BOTS freed up enough room to pay with this years cap money and not have to do with next years...so credit where credit is due..good job Bots

They must be at a comfortable number because they don't take on even half of Simmonds contract if there was too much of a concern in that department.