Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

When the Sabres get solid to good goaltending they can compete with even the more talented teams. If I were to give out the stars for this game Hutton would receive the first star. I thought he played with a calmness even when there was a lot of action around him. Jack with his laser shot would also get a star. Collectively I thought our defensemen did an excellent job of getting on the puck and then moving the puck out of its zone. They also performed well in keeping track of their men when the opposition was hovering around our net.  

Our forwards played a tight checking game.

Hallelujah! Skinner scored on a nice tip in after taking an impressive pass from Johansson. 

The Larsson-Girgs-Okposo line is a meat and potato line. Their style of play is not flashy. But it is a tough and grinding line, and also our most consistent line on. The individual players fit together to make a cohesive line. 

Maulkin is a feisty player. 

Under Krueger this team exhibits excellent stick work. 

Jack is Great!

• Like (+1) 1

F**k this team seven ways to Sunday. They don’t have what it takes because the good teams, the contenders, understand that moving your feet and engaging in spirited puck battles for 60 minutes is NOT an elective activity that you turn on and off depending on the opponent. It’s called “hockey character” and, like football character, or any other team sport, you either have it in you individually or you don’t. This sorry ass team simply doesn’t have enough of it. 

And Hutton still sucks. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

When the Sabres get solid to good goaltending they can compete with even the more talented teams. If I were to give out the stars for this game Hutton would receive the first star. I thought he played with a calmness even when there was a lot of action around him. Jack with his laser shot would also get a star. Collectively I thought our defensemen did an excellent job of getting on the puck and then moving the puck out of its zone. They also performed well in keeping track of their men when the opposition was hovering around our net.  

Our forwards played a tight checking game.

Hallelujah! Skinner scored on a nice tip in after taking an impressive pass from Johansson. 

The Larsson-Girgs-Okposo line is a meat and potato line. Their style of play is not flashy. But it is a tough and grinding line, and also our most consistent line on. The individual players fit together to make a cohesive line. 

Maulkin is a feisty player. 

Under Krueger this team exhibits excellent stick work. 

Jack is Great!

Whatever you need to tell yourself! Got the “good Hutts” for the 1 of every 10 games. That & jumping out to an early lead will steal you a game here and there. We just got waxed by Ottawa and outside Jack, Risto and the 4th line they still suffer from long stretches of non effort & non physical play. This team is still riddled with soft players that most of the time crumble under any adversity. They’ll finish 10+ pts out of a playoff spot but progress right!? 

This leafs vs Canes game is wild. The Hurricanes has to start an emergency 3rd string goalie.

Apparently He’s a maple leafs employee. He’s also 42yrs old. And he’s playing (against the leafs) in a game with huge playoff implications for both teams! 

Yet the Canes are up 6-3. Leafs had 3 shots on net, scored on 2 of them. Canes are blocking and stripping everything in sight. They’re doing everything they can to limit any shots on net. 

Edited by BillsFan4
Added tweet

13 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This leafs vs Canes game is wild. The Hurricanes has to start an emergency 3rd string goalie.

Apparently He’s a maple leafs employee. He’s also 42yrs old. And he’s playing (against the leafs) in a game with huge playoff implications for both teams! 

Yet the Canes are up 6-3. Leafs had 3 shots on net, scored on 2 of them. Canes are blocking and stripping everything in sight. They’re doing everything they can to limit any shots on net. 

As much as a lot of hound on the Sabres for being bad at least they try most games. The Leafs are playing against a beer league goalie and have showed next to no effort. I am enjoying watching them lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

As much as a lot of hound on the Sabres for being bad at least they try most games. The Leafs are playing against a beer league goalie and have showed next to no effort. I am enjoying watching them lose. 

Yeah The leafs looked shook. Lifeless, no effort. Held to 3 shots the entire 2nd period (and they scored on 2 of them!). Sheldon Keefe looked furious leaving the bench. I’m going to watch his press conference ? 

1 hour ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself! Got the “good Hutts” for the 1 of every 10 games. That & jumping out to an early lead will steal you a game here and there. We just got waxed by Ottawa and outside Jack, Risto and the 4th line they still suffer from long stretches of non effort & non physical play. This team is still riddled with soft players that most of the time crumble under any adversity. They’ll finish 10+ pts out of a playoff spot but progress right!? 

The Sabres beat a cup contending team on the road with their goalie playing well. Find another freaking day to complain about their play! There are plenty of games where they are worthy of being criticized. Doing it after this game is ridiculous. 

38 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The Sabres beat a cup contending team on the road with their goalie playing well. Find another freaking day to complain about their play! There are plenty of games where they are worthy of being criticized. Doing it after this game is ridiculous. 

? No more ridiculous than you pumping their tires for the last 5 years! ???

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I can see the title now. “Beat a good team on the road on a random Saturday in February: The story of the 2019-2020 Buffalo Sabres”

Too bad this one didn’t count for 10 pts, might only finish 6-8 out if that was the case.