Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

12 minutes ago, shrader said:

He should definitely get a good number of games while up here.  I can live with Hutton getting the next game but then Johansson getting the second one.  If he's up to the task, the playing time will snowball from there.

I can’t live with Hutton getting any games, but I you make a good point. 

Hutton has the yips. Usually no coming back from that. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

He should definitely get a good number of games while up here.  I can live with Hutton getting the next game but then Johansson getting the second one.  If he's up to the task, the playing time will snowball from there.

Thats what i think as well...but he has to have a short leash...two softies in the 1st he gots to go. 

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thats what i think as well...but he has to have a short leash...two softies in the 1st he gots to go. 

Two softies in the first what? Minute? 10 minutes. Cripes, I’d almost be happy if spazgoalie could hold them to two softies in the first period. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Two softies in the first what? Minute? 10 minutes. Cripes, I’d almost be happy if spazgoalie could hold them to two softies in the first period. 

Well, I am fairly certain  the $20 i put on them to win the east the other day is REALLY gone now....but until it is mathematically impossible, i will continue to think i hold a $7000 winner!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Give a listen to this instant classic rant on WGR 550 from a guy named Duane. He speaks for the huddled Sabre’s masses.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/1-29-caller-duanes-sabres-rant

Thought this was a bit much when I heard it yesterday, and still think that. And people going after the Pegula kids on social is just DAF as well. 

so I guess Friedman said yesterday TPegs is sick of the losing and Bots may be on the hot seat. Hmm. Drury?

Battle of Alberta was good game, even if I did watch it in 30 minutes this morning!

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thought this was a bit much when I heard it yesterday, and still think that. And people going after the Pegula kids on social is just DAF as well. 

so I guess Friedman said yesterday TPegs is sick of the losing and Bots may be on the hot seat. Hmm. Drury?

Battle of Alberta was good game, even if I did watch it in 30 minutes this morning!

People need to get over themselves.  It's just a game.  No one shot your dog.  I skimmed through the clip because I can only stand so much of that type of lunacy, but it sounded a bit like a performance to me.  Now it's posted online and in some places people have dug up the kid's twitter account.  Mission accomplished.

• Like (+1) 3

While I also think the rant is over the top, he makes a good point about the Sabres management and their lack of attention to detail and quality control.

I get that the authentic 50 year anniversary jerseys were sold out, but that’s no excuse for dressing invited alumni members to various 50th anniversary celebration activities in Chinese knockoffs. They should have ensured EVERY ex player had one by ordering them far in advance, regardless.

And while I understand that they don’t do the custom jersey work in-house, that is no excuse for accepting jerseys returned with misspelled names on the back from whomever DOES do that custom work. They should be embarrassed to hand those jerseys to the alumni invited to celebrate. 

Shoddy is a word that comes to mind. And it makes me wonder, if they’re shoddy about these details, what else are they shoddy about? Their performance over the last 8 years suggests they’ve been shoddy about a lot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

While I also think the rant is over the top, he makes a good point about the Sabres management and their lack of attention to detail and quality control.

I get that the authentic 50 year anniversary jerseys were sold out, but that’s no excuse for dressing invited alumni members to various 50th anniversary celebration activities in Chinese knockoffs. They should have ensured EVERY ex player had one by ordering them far in advance, regardless.

And while I understand that they don’t do the custom jersey work in-house, that is no excuse for accepting jerseys returned with misspelled names on the back from whomever DOES do that custom work. They should be embarrassed to hand those jerseys to the alumni invited to celebrate. 

Shoddy is a word that comes to mind. And it makes me wonder, if they’re shoddy about these details, what else are they shoddy about? Their performance over the last 8 years suggests they’ve been shoddy about a lot. 

all of that though is forgiven/overlooked if the damn team showed any signs of improvement. 

Now, if they win impressively tonight, i will be back to " man, they play like that they can get 76% of the points and make a real run, maybe the stinker game is gone"...?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

all of that though is forgiven/overlooked if the damn team showed any signs of improvement. 

Now, if they win impressively tonight, i will be back to " man, they play like that they can get 76% of the points and make a real run, maybe the stinker game is gone"...?

True, that. Winning solves a lot of problems and covers up a lot of shoddiness in other areas.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-deadline-approach-fortunes/

8. The Sabres resumed their season with a 5–2 home loss to Ottawa on Tuesday night. At all-star weekend, I heard some talk of the frustration around the organization and how much the losing is wearing on owner Terry Pegula. We’re coming up on nine years since he bought the Sabres. At that media conference, he promised to spend, which had Sabres fans dancing with joy. He’s spent on players, coaches, executives, scouting — everything. They made the playoffs that first season, losing in seven games to Philadelphia. But there have been no playoff berths since, and the team is 80 games under .500 in that span. 

Players credited Ralph Krueger with changing the attitude around the team, and Jack Eichel’s having a Hart Trophy-calibre season. But they’re 10 points out as we wake up on Wednesday and there are no easy answers. The disappointment is not going unnoticed.

I read on Twitter that someone from the team disputed this or something like that, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s true. 

I think a lot will will depend on how they finish this season. If they completely collapse again, changes are probably pretty likely. Especially since the fan pressure will be very high (and the Pegulas have caved to fan pressure before). 

I just hope Krueger gets at least 1 more season, hopefully with a better roster, no matter what. I hope he isn’t shown the door along with Botterill (if Botts is fired). I don’t know if he’s the right guy or not but I want to see him get a fair chance, and I’m sick of constantly changing coaches and giving this failed roster a pass. No coach is going to have much success with this current roster. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Now this is pathetic..both the pressure from the team to remove the tweet that is

That could be a lot of things.  Someone at a very low level of the organization could have messed up a jersey order and this rant hit that person square in the face.  A good organization makes mistakes sometimes and they also protect employees at all levels.  I'm not saying that's it for sure, but it's possible.

It's different than ranting about the schlock Botterill has trotted out onto the ice and watching him spin Dylan Friggin Cozens trip to the World Junior Finals as somehow giving the Sabres organization valuable playoff experience.  Yes.  He did that.  The guy is not a real GM.

• Like (+1) 2