Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

54 minutes ago, snafu said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong.  I'll be rooting for them one way or another.

I'm rooting for them too but honestly if we get through the season without Eichel asking for a trade it will be a victory.  Botts displayed zero sense of urgency at any point in the off season.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm rooting for them too but honestly if we get through the season without Eichel asking for a trade it will be a victory.  Botts displayed zero sense of urgency at any point in the off season.

Are we sure Botts is actually alive?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Probably meant 19-20 season.  

That's exactly what he meant. 

39 minutes ago, GG said:

Who is this team?

Proof that coaching matters alot, as if the turn around of the Islanders and Blues didn't illustrate that clearly enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, GG said:

Who is this team?

Right?

-They are actually organized in the defensive zone. They are all staying in position and doing a great job supporting each other and keeping the Pens out of the high danger areas. Everyone seems to actually know their assignments.

-Competent d zone breakouts. 

-They are pressuring the puck puck all over the ice and (again) supporting each other. There has usually been 2 men on the puck.

And they’re doing a good job getting bodies+sticks in passing lanes and creating turnovers.   

-working as a coordinated, 5 man unit. 

-Everyone giving 100% effort. 

- guys going to the net and/or creating traffic. 

-No confusion (so far). Everyone actually looks like they know what they’re supposed to be doing! 

I am impressed, but we aren’t even through 1 period yet, so... we will see. 

But if they keep playing like this all season I will be pretty damn happy, win or lose. This is a brand/style of hockey that will lead to success IMO. This is how many of the better NHL teams play. It’s not the players+coaches fault if they don’t have the talent to keep up with some other (better) teams. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Competent d zone breakouts. 

-They are pressuring the puck puck all over the ice and (again) supporting each other. There has usually been 2 men on the puck.  

-working as a coordinated, 5 man unit. 

Unfortunatlely got stuck sitting in traffic.

not watching yet. But these three point are super promising. Especially the puck support.

• Like (+1) 1