Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I appreciate where you’re coming from here, BF4, but rest assured that my assessment of Scandella comes from one place and one place only; his utter suckitude on the ice. 

Yeah I know. lol

Just fyi I wasn’t talking about you, or anyone in specific really. It was just some of my own complaints (his salary) and some I’ve heard/read over the last couple seasons. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The season starts today in Pittsburgh. I would be interested to hear what the members think how how this season will turn out. I'm hoping for better play with more consistent effort. My prediction is that the Sabres will have an 86-88 point season. I would appreciate your predictions. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The season starts today in Pittsburgh. I would be interested to hear what the members think how how this season will turn out. I'm hoping for better play with more consistent effort. My prediction is that the Sabres will have an 86-88 point season. I would appreciate your predictions. 

My prediction? They start 0-1-0

17 hours ago, JohnC said:

This young lady is going to be a hockey dynamo in the not too distant future. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/pk-subban-shouts-out-minnesota-girl-who-goes-viral-for-hockey-skills/c-309330758?tid=281396148

Once she learns to bank back handers of the back wall the way she does with the front wall, she'll destroy all of her top scores.

I'm firmly in the camp that blames Housley for most of the problems with this team, so the fact they have mostly the same roster doesn't concern me.  The more I read and hear about Krueger the more excited I become to see this team play.  Really looking forward to the start of a new era tonight.

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tweets like these have me PUMPED for the season

So question analytics but then acknowledge where they place Sobotka as a player?  That's some fine logic for you.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

cant help myself:wallbash:...little sumthin sumthin on the fellas tonight +165

Sobotka on a 2nd line with Skinner. Scandella and Jokiharu as a D pair on the road in the Burgh with the ‘Guins getting last change and so many opportunities to get the Crosby or Malkin lines matched up against them. 

That at is one brass set of cahones you’re sporting with that bet. Good luck.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Sobotka on a 2nd line with Skinner. Scandella and Jokiharu as a D pair on the road in the Burgh with the ‘Guins getting last change and so many opportunities to get the Crosby or Malkin lines matched up against them. 

That at is one brass set of cahones you’re sporting with that bet. Good luck.

put it too ya this way..slightly more than the cost of two beers at New Era was wagered...

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

So question analytics but then acknowledge where they place Sobotka as a player?  That's some fine logic for you.

Think this guy is an analytics dude, and was saying even if you question the efficacy of analytics , even doubters,  have to acknowledge this is one weird line placing

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Think this guy is an analytics dude, and was saying even if you question the efficacy of analytics , even doubters,  have to acknowledge this is one weird line placing

The point is clear, but it's worded about as gracefully as as a crayonz post.  It drives me crazy how badly twitter has dumbed down just about everything.  You don't have to agree with me, but at least acknowledge that I'm right.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, last bit of. negativity  from me,but these lines are too funny. ( yes I know from last year) 

Where's the D pairings?

Oh-Crap

Not-Again

We’re-Screwed

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

I'm firmly in the camp that blames Housley for most of the problems with this team, so the fact they have mostly the same roster doesn't concern me.  The more I read and hear about Krueger the more excited I become to see this team play.  Really looking forward to the start of a new era tonight.

I'm afraid platitudes from the HC isn't going to be enough.

He's got to be better than Housley, but this team needs a ton more talent.

I honestly don’t know what to expect this season. I always try my best to stay positive about the Bills/Sabres. I enjoy rooting for them much more when I am in a positive frame of mind. So I am hopeful for this season for sure. I don’t know that I expect playoffs, but I am hopeful that we will see definite improvement and at least fight for a playoff spot right down to the wire. I’m just not sure we have the team to beat all the big guns in our division and conference. 

I do think that a better coach can go a long way in fixing some of the issues the Sabres have, and I think it really helps that Krueger is so good at connecting with+reaching people. The Sabres need someone (IMO) that can help them exercise all the demons from the tank years+constant losing. 

And they really need someone who can get them all playing a competent offensive+defensive system on the ice as a 5 man unit and giving a full effort every shift. They need more structure in the D zone especially. Our goalies had a pretty tough go of it because they could never reliably count on the players in front of them to limit certain shot angles, etc. Goalies need to know what their defenseman are going to do - if their d man is going to take away a shot from the far side/perimeter so they can play the correct angle on the near side/middle etc. If Krueger can install a consistent system/style of play it should help out Hutton and Ullmark quite a bit, which will help out the entire Sabres team. 

But it’s tough not to wonder if Krueger+Botterill see this as somewhat of a transition year. I have gotten that impression from some of their comments, and a whole ton of roster spots + cap space open up after this season.

As of now they basically brought back basically the same failed team as last year + Olofsson and a few good depth pieces. To be fair, Miller could be more than a depth piece and have a big impact. Hopefully Johansson will too. Vesey should add some depth scoring from the bottom 6, which was a need. I’m just not sure it’s enough though. That’s where I guess we have to hope that coaching was a bigger issue than personnel was last year, huh? 

No matter what I am excited to see if Krueger can implement some structure and get them all playing the style of hockey he wants. I believe he can. He’s consistently done it with many different teams at the international level. And if/when he does (hopefully we will see it right away tonight!) I think the Sabres will be an exciting team to watch, win or lose. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I'm afraid platitudes from the HC isn't going to be enough.

He's got to be better than Housley, but this team needs a ton more talent.

This team has plenty of talent.  They need to learn how to play together and win.

26 minutes ago, eball said:

This team has plenty of talent.  They need to learn how to play together and win.

this is where i have demons...I thought Housley really hurt this team last year..ignoring analytics and playing the wrong people in the wrong consistently. I thought they could have been a playoff team last year with a different coach.

So, i was thinking Freddy would change that..and then you have arguably the WORST forward in the NHL last year based on numbers playing on the #2 line...i just assumed all summer he would be gone..somehow, someway...and yet he is playing with Skinner...

I will trust in him till i dont...but damn playing Sobotka nd Scandella is just mind boggling to me