Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

If the GM took the risk of losing Jokiharju by sending him to Rochester and another team claimed him Botts would certainly look foolish after trading Nylander for him and then ending up with anything. Sending Nelson down, even if he outplayed Joki, is understandable because Joki has more upside as a player. Nelson is a solid and steady stay at home defenseman. He is a good depth blue liner who when called up will be ready to fill in.   

Jokiharju has 2 more seasons or 120+ NHL games played before he’s no longer waiver exempt. 

I just hope Joker has showed a lot more in training camp (that we didn’t see) than in the preseason games and that it’s not Botterill somewhat forcing Joker into the lineup for the wrong reasons. I’m more than willing to give Joker a chance. I like him a lot and He’s got a lot higher ceiling than Nelson does. I just don’t like gifting roster spots to kids that didn’t earn them (not saying that’s the case since I don’t know what happened day to day in camp). 

I just hope he’s not kept in the press press box instead of playing big minutes in Rochester. 

Edited by BillsFan4

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

How many sports do they cover well?  I'm assuming top 4 but what about boxing, horse racing, college football and baseball?

They cover everything well except horse racing.   With horse racing,  it's only the major events of the sport. Since it's the only part of the sport I follow,  that suffices for me. 

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

How many sports do they cover well?  I'm assuming top 4 but what about boxing, horse racing, college football and baseball?

I think the Saturday Evening Post is the best one for those four.  

The attached link is an article by Mike Harrington from the BN. It sorts out the roster pointing out that there still could be some alterations. Harrington points out the Okposo albatross and Cozen's immediate production for his junior team. He states what he believes are going to be the top two lines. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/30/buffalo-sabres-nhl-roster-rochester-americans-news-2019/

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

The attached link is an article by Mike Harrington from the BN. It sorts out the roster pointing out that there still could be some alterations. Harrington points out the Okposo albatross and Cozen's immediate production for his junior team. He states what he believes are going to be the top two lines

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/30/buffalo-sabres-nhl-roster-rochester-americans-news-2019/

Oh my, that second line is "innovative"...

I would have thought maybe they move Reinhart down to the second line (I would have been torn on that decision), not Skinner.  And maybe I can see a guy "like" Sobotka on that second line wing, but not Sobotka.  If it goes well, I'll be happy to be wrong (my usual condition :)).

Based on the last few days of practice, the top two lines seem set with Jack Eichel between Victor Olofsson and Sam Reinhart, and Marcus Johansson centering Jeff Skinner and Vladimir Sobotka.

4 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I was a bit worried about Lazar and Nelson, glad they cleared.

I thought Winnipeg might grab Nelson just because of how decimated their right hand defensive depth was from losing 4 guys this offseason. 

But for some reason they grabbed Carl Dahlstrom off waivers from Chicago. He’s a left handed defenseman and he’s not good. I thought Winnipeg was in a lot better shape on the left side, but I’m thinking maybe they will use this claim to replace their current #7 defenseman Anthony Bitetto? 

I’m surprised at some of the player who went unclaimed. Only 2 players total were claimed - Dahlstrom and Eric Comrie (a goalie who really hasn’t looked very good outside of one pretty good season in the AHL). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

oh my, Freddy makes this work hes either coach of the year or Housley may cement himself as worst coach ever in the NHL.

Why do those forward lines look so ugly to me?

There's no hope in those lines at all.

And 5/6 D pairing could be horrible, too!

I don't think that roster is ready to compete.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

Any D pairing with Scandella looks terrible, but him and Joker together? 

God help us all. 

Again.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

I am guessing that this is just a paper transaction to maximize their LTIR + cap space for this season. If it’s not, I’m done. ?

Nah, it has to be. There’s no way Olofsson didn’t make the team. And Krueger said in that interview John posted that the lineup on the ice was going to Pittsburgh and that included Olofsson playing on the top line. 

4 hours ago, snafu said:

On a positive note, Botts got in a lot of golf this Summer during all the time he was ignoring the roster.

Edited by 4merper4mer

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I am guessing that this is just a paper transaction to maximize their LTIR + cap space for this season. If it’s not, I’m done. ?

Nah, it has to be. There’s no way Olofsson didn’t make the team. And Krueger said in that interview John posted that the lineup on the ice was going to Pittsburgh and that included Olofsson playing on the top line. 

can you go into more detail? I am lost. I get the LTIR for Hunwick, possibly Bogo...but why two guys      assignedd to  Rochester who   should be   playing? Are we in daily caphellbeforee the season even starts with a team that is projected to     finish bottom 5 in the league?