Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

Is it only going to be shown locally? The last time I turned on to a game on MSG it was blacked out for out of town viewers. 

That would be my guess, but maybe this one won’t be? 

I can can help you find a (free) link if you’d like to stream it. Let me know if you want it and I’ll message it to you. 

21 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

That would be my guess, but maybe this one won’t be? 

I can can help you find a (free) link if you’d like to stream it. Let me know if you want it and I’ll message it to you. 

I did try some links for the other games but it didn't work out. I appreciate your effort but I'll either listen to the game or pursue other options. Thank you anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

So far I’m seeing a team playing the way Housley said they would play.  Funny how that’s happened this year all of a sudden. 

That was a tremendous 3rd period, with zero let up in intensity.

• Like (+1) 1

The below link was a column focusing on Mittelstadt by Bill Hoppe from the Hockey Beat. This link was taken from the hockey side of TBD. It appears that Mittelstadt won't be starting off as our second line center because he hasn't earned it. What will be interesting to follow is how Middelstadt develops under Krueger. I get the sense that players are not going to be entitled to roles but will have to earn their positions under this coach.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-casey-mittelstadt-believes-he-can-thrive-in-ralph-kruegers-system/?view=getnewpost

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Is he actually shorter than the stick he uses?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This was the right move for his development. Next year he will be on the Sabres' roster. I believe that eventually Mittelstadt will be a good player. Cozens will be a better player. He is going to be our long term second line center. 

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

This was the right move for his development. Next year he will be on the Sabres' roster. I believe that eventually Mittelstadt will be a good player. Cozens will be a better player. He is going to be our long term second line center. 

Definitely the right move. I hope they don’t rush him next year either. If they’re not sure if he’s ready, send him down/back. 

I don't want to repeat the Mittelstadt mistake again. He wasn’t ready last season. I mean, he was all of 1 year removed from high school hockey at the time! 

Honestly, I’m not even sure if Mittelstadt is ready this year. I’m guessing he will at least start in Buffalo. But if he struggles as much as he did last season (with a lot of favorable minutes) then he should be sent down to Rochester to find his game. 

Sucks that he’s already in the last year of his entry level contract... 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

So who will be the second line center?  Will we have a first a third and two fourth lines?

22 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Definitely the right move. I hope they don’t rush him next year either. If they’re not sure if he’s ready, send him down/back. 

I don't want to repeat the Mittelstadt mistake again. He wasn’t ready last season. I mean, he was all of 1 year removed from high school hockey at the time! 

Honestly, I’m not even sure if Mittelstadt is ready this year. I’m guessing he will at least start in Buffalo. But if he struggles as much as he did last season (with a lot of favorable minutes) then he should be sent down to Rochester to find his game. 

Sucks that he’s already in the last year of his entry level contract... 

Curtis Lazar is another example of rushing a highly drafted player to the NHL to the detriment of his development. He was a high scoring prospect who was not close to being ready for the NHL. Although he has struggled he seems to have maintain his confidence and exhibit some resilience. The attached link is a column by Bill Hoppe with The Buffalo Hockey Beat dealing with Lazar and this development issue. 

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-curtis-lazar-confident-after-rediscovering-scoring-touch/

Laine re-ups with the Peg. Still have to fit Connor, the better player, into their cap. If Byfuglien doesn’t come back, they need Risto. If he does, then they need to give up somebody else to be under the cap. 

Give me Ehlers, please. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Laine re-ups with the Peg. Still have to fit Connor, the better player, into their cap. If Byfuglien doesn’t come back, they need Risto. If he does, then they need to give up somebody else to be under the cap. 

Give me Ehlers, please. 

From everything that I have read our GM is willing to deal Risto but he is asking a lot, more than only Ehlers. Analysts such as Daren Dreger and Elliotte Friedman both have recently said that the Sabres are asking a lot for Risto. Would I be open to trading Risto for Ehlers for an even exchange trade? I would because he would be a genuine second line forward addition that this team needs to build a credible second line. I just don't see this deal materializing. 

17 minutes ago, JohnC said:

From everything that I have read our GM is willing to deal Risto but he is asking a lot, more than only Ehlers. Analysts such as Daren Dreger and Elliotte Friedman both have recently said that the Sabres are asking a lot for Risto. Would I be open to trading Risto for Ehlers for an even exchange trade? I would because he would be a genuine second line forward addition that this team needs to build a credible second line. I just don't see this deal materializing. 

Well, if that’s the case; that JBotts wants more than Ehlers for Risto, then we are worse off than I thought. Ehlers is a far better player at his position than Risto is at his. 

41 minutes ago, GG said:

Just noticed the thread heading - doesn't regular season start Oct 2nd not 5th?

Actually, it looks like it is the 3rd.

In Pittsburgh.

When I went to check the schedule, I got to this "official" version:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/schedule/1942-10-01/ET/list

:wallbash:NHL...

Edited by snafu

2 hours ago, GG said:

Just noticed the thread heading - doesn't regular season start Oct 2nd not 5th?

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Actually, it looks like it is the 3rd.

In Pittsburgh.

When I went to check the schedule, I got to this "official" version:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/schedule/1942-10-01/ET/list

:wallbash:NHL...

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Home opener is on the 5th

Oops, my bad. I was thinking of the home opener. I’ll fix it. Thanks.