Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

16 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Not surprised, Atlanta along with Miami is a terrible sports town. I blame that on transplants, when the Thrashers were there, most only showed up when their former home town team came to town 

To be fair, the Thrashers were a hard team to like, unlike the Flames, which were a rowdy bunch and easy to root for.

Ristolainen and Johansson are making their preseason debuts tonight. 

The game will be on TV (MSG channel) at 7pm tonight. 

Im looking forward to seeing if this lineup can match the effort of last night’s lineup. 

I enjoyed last night’s game a lot more than I thought I would. I was really impressed with the effort and aggressive style of play. Frederik Andersen stood on his head otherwise the score would have looked different. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ristolainen and Johansson are making their preseason debuts tonight. 

The game will be on TV (MSG channel) at 7pm tonight. 

Im looking forward to seeing if this lineup can match the effort of last night’s lineup. 

I enjoyed last night’s game a lot more than I thought I would. I was really impressed with the effort and aggressive style of play. Frederik Andersen stood on his head otherwise the score would have looked different. 

...just hope we're poised to "turn the red light on" early AND often this year.............

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

For some reason they will have patience for the Bills to be a good team but expect playoffs immediately for the Sabres

3 questions:

How much patience should be required?

When you're the worst team in all of sports over the last five years, should there be any urgency to accompany the patience?

When is the draft lottery being held?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

3 questions:

How much patience should be required?

When you're the worst team in all of sports over the last five years, should there be any urgency to accompany the patience?

When is the draft lottery being held?

They finally have a good gm and I believe will take a big step forward this year. Its funny cause the Bills have been bad just as long but fans will be patient with them but expect immediate results for the Sabres. 

30 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

^ These guys. ?. Shows you guys are like the national media that cover the Bills. Only look at the box score. Hope I don't see you guys jumping on the bandwagon come playoff time. You guys are obviously not hockey fans. 

I would consider myself a hockey fan, I don't anticipate the Sabres will make the playoffs, hope they have a good season and show improvement for the future.

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

They finally have a good gm and I believe will take a big step forward this year. Its funny cause the Bills have been bad just as long but fans will be patient with them but expect immediate results for the Sabres. 

Uh, have you read the Stadium Wall over the years?  

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

Uh, have you read the Stadium Wall over the years?  

Fans may complain about the Bills being bad but they still watch all the games. They follow the team all through the crappy pre-training camp training camp. Unlike the Sabres where most here only look at the box score. 

22 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Fans may complain about the Bills being bad but they still watch all the games. They follow the team all through the crappy pre-training camp training camp. Unlike the Sabres where most here only look at the box score. 

Untrue about whomever frequents this thread.

On 9/21/2019 at 3:20 PM, Jrb1979 said:

Don't worry about what others think and say. If you like hockey follow the team. You are not going to get rid of the pervasive snark and cynicism. If the team is making strides that doesn't mean that the torrent of criticism is going to slow. There are people who are invested in their view that this team and organization is not only currently a failure but will forever be a failure. If you get hooked into that depressing mind-set that is a problem of your own making. Following the Sabres has certainly been frustrating. But I see progress. There are some who like to snicker at a belief that this team is on an upward trajectory. Let them snicker. Why let this miserable faction have an affect on you? 

Edited by JohnC
Punctuation
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

16 football games over a year isn't that big a commitment.

162 baseball games and 82 hockey games for a ****** team is basically a significant relationship in your life.

you call it a box score?  one of those Americanisms i guess....  :D

i've watched about..... geez.... 43 years x 75 per year approx......  cripes I've watched over 3,000 Leafs games, gone to about 400, guess about 80% were with a rancid crappy Toronto team.... 

it hasn't been fun with the new league alignment, gone are the days the Leafs could win 25 regular season games and get to game 7 of the second round, I miss the Norris Division so much.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

162 baseball games and 82 hockey games for a ****** team is basically a significant relationship in your life.

i've watched about..... geez.... 43 years x 75 per year approx......  cripes I've watched over 3,000 Leafs games, gone to about 400, guess about 80% were with a rancid crappy Toronto team.... 

it hasn't been fun with the new league alignment, gone are the days the Leafs could win 25 regular season games and get to game 7 of the second round, I miss the Norris Division so much.

A box score fan is ones who only look at the final score and not even watch to see how the team plays. I don't expect people to watch every Sabres game but it's not that difficult to look at what they have done with off season moves. The Sabres like hockey in most of the U.S. is an afterthought. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

You aren't the only one.

Back when the divisions had proper names like Norris and Adams, the sport was completely different.  And for me, much more entertaining than what it is now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

For that whole stretch, the bills were never the worst team in the league, unlike the sabres.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Don't worry about what others think and say. If you like hockey follow the team. You are not going to get rid of the pervasive snark and cynicism. If the team is making strides that doesn't mean that the torrent of criticism is going to slow. There are people who are invested in their view that this team and organization is not only currently a failure but will forever be a failure. If you get hooked into that depressing mind-set that is a problem of your own making. Following the Sabres has certainly been frustrating. But I see progress. There are some who like to snicker at a belief that this team is on an upward trajectory. Let them snicker. Why let this miserable faction have an affect on you. 

Funny thing about him is he's a miserable bills fan, but mister Rogers when it comes to the sabres. 

15 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

For that whole stretch, the bills were never the worst team in the league, unlike the sabres.

Funny thing about him is he's a miserable bills fan, but mister Rogers when it comes to the sabres. 

I'm miserable about the Bills cause I am not a BILLiever in what they are doing. Quite frankly the Rockpile era fans bug me with their love of old school football. And  being against any talk of a new stadium with a smaller tailgating area. 

As far as the Sabres go, I am liking what the new GM is building and am hopeful with the new coach. To be honest I find hockey a much more entertaining sport. Who doesn't like hits, fights and goals.