Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Mission accomplished ?

Dallas is not bereft of talent. They do have a lot of talent. There is something very wrong with that team. They showed no fight and heart. While the Sabres from the beginning to the end demonstrated effort and kept working, especially on the defensive side of the game, the Stars seemed to lose heart after we scored. In a sport like hockey going through the motions against a team that is working hard becomes very evident. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Dallas is not bereft of talent. They do have a lot of talent. There is something very wrong with that team. They showed no fight and heart. While the Sabres from the beginning to the end demonstrated effort and kept working, especially on the defensive side of the game, the Stars seemed to lose heart after we scored. In a sport like hockey going through the motions against a team that is working hard becomes very evident. 

Just like their counterpart... the cowboys. I'm glad they both suck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

https://theathletic.com/1293878/2019/10/14/five-overreactions-to-the-sabres-hot-start/

..... How often does Buffalo start a season like this? May as well have fun with it.

The answer, by the way, is four times in 50 seasons. That’s how often — or rarely — the Sabres start like this. They’ve improved to 5-0-1, which rivals only the squads from 2006-07 (11-0-1), 1975-76 (8-0) and 2008-09 (6-0-1).

Pretty cool stat. 

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think the difference is that this year the underlying numbers are okay, the goalies are not saving way above expected rate..and if anything the Sabres have been a bit unlucky in the last few games...as opposed to the streak where the PDO was off the charts, goalies were laying way above expectation, and the Sabres were getting lucky as hell with some of those comeback wins.

It kinka like how I see the Bills this year vs 2011..when they were winning with Pick 6s and huge turnover margins...that was last year 10 win streak team

Moreover, during the 10 game win streak, Sabres won 9 games with a 1 goal differential, with 7 of those in OT or SO.  In the 5 wins this year, 3 games were won with a 2+ goal differential.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

How come i have never heard of George Babcock after 31 years?? Takes a puck to the head and then im getting stories from Biron about  how great he is and would give speeches to motivate guys.

Olofsson

:)

I know...I was being funny as to how many time olofsson gets spelled wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

If they can ever get Mittelstadt's line going, look out.  It will come eventually.  One thing I find interesting about that group is that people were whining after the trade about Vesey being a defensive liability.  But look who is out there on the 2nd PK unit with Sobotka.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

If they can ever get Mittelstadt's line going, look out.  It will come eventually.  One thing I find interesting about that group is that people were whining after the trade about Vesey being a defensive liability.  But look who is out there on the 2nd PK unit with Sobotka.

I thought Vesey had some quality chances yesterday. He will find the back of the net soon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I thought the Mitts line had its best game of the year against the Stars, including the opener vs. Pittsburgh. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I thought the Mitts line had its best game of the year against the Stars, including the opener vs. Pittsburgh. 

I felt the same way. Definitely Mitts best game of the year IMO. 

It was cool to see Krueger reward him for it with shifts at the end of the game. He was out on the ice with under a minute to go. 

I

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

good to see perennial sadsack teams like Buffalo and Edmonton get out to a good start

long may you run

I wonder if people like Mike Harrington who have been crowing these last few years about "See - the tank didn't work" will now have to admit the teams getting McDavid and Eichel did turn out better in the long run.................IF they keep it up. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

That's exactly why I think there will be a bit of an explosion once either he or Vesey scores.  I feel like I've seen this scenario play out 100 times before.

2 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I thought Vesey had some quality chances yesterday. He will find the back of the net soon.

Vesey historically has been a consistent 18 goal scorer with most of his goals coming on five on five. He also plays a physical game and is not afraid to mix it up. He is currently not scoring points but he is contributing in other ways. The Mitts line may not be a high yield line but that doesn't mean that this unit isn't playing reasonably well. So far this line is not accumulating points but clearly there is a collective effort by the members of that line. 

• Like (+1) 1