Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

The Sabres love Jimmy Vesey.  Mission accomplished

Vesey for a 3rd is fine. 

The Sabres better not just stick him on Jack's line just because they are buddies. 

19 minutes ago, snafu said:

Vesey for a 3rd is fine. 

The Sabres better not just stick him on Jack's line just because they are buddies. 

He won't even be on the second line. He's a third or fourth line player. 

32 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Looks like we are loading up the Amerks’ forward group. I suspect that means the Sabres are counting on promoting and/or packaging a couple wingers in a trade. 

It has to be the case.  Even if it's not the bigger deal we're hoping for, it will at least be something along the lines of how they moved out Bailey and Baptiste over the past year or so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Vesey for a 3rd is fine. 

I'm also concerned about an Eichel-Reinhart-Vessey love triangle. The locker room could get very messy if those three can't figure out polyamory.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Canadiens just tendered Aho at 5 years around $8.5M AAV. Happy Canada Day!  Aho says thank you and Carolina will likely match.

Canadiens MontréalVerified account @CanadiensMTL

The Canadiens have announced that they have tendered an offer sheet to restricted free agent Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes. The proposed contract is for five years, with an average annual value of $8.454 million.

Edited by JoeF

4 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Canadiens just tendered Aho at 5 years around $8.5M AAV. Happy Canada Day!  Aho says thank you and Carolina will likely match.

The Canadiens have announced that they have tendered an offer sheet to restricted free agent Sebastian Aho of the Carolina Hurricanes. The proposed contract is for five years, with an average annual value of $8.454 million.

Wow. Interesting move 

16 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I really wouldn't put it past their owner to let him walk.  He's a meddler and if he really does not want to pay the cash involved there, particularly the signing bonuses, he won't pay.  Any other team and this is a no brainer.  But that's the thing about that saying, it doesn't apply to those who actually do have no brain.

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

I really wouldn't put it past their owner to let him walk.  He's a meddler and if he really does not want to pay the cash involved there, particularly the signing bonuses, he won't pay.  Any other team and this is a no brainer.  But that's the thing about that saying, it doesn't apply to those who actually do have no brain.

It will be a true defining moment for the Canes near term future.  I agree Shrader -- Dundon could let him walk.  We are 11 game partial seasons holders...but we have them to see opponents -- 2 Sabres; 2 Capitals; and then a mixture of Flyers, Rangers, Oilers, Bruins, etc.  If Dundon lets Aho walk, I feel sorry for the new Canes fans that were birthed with this past playoff run. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

Not the money, it’s the term that’s hard right? Finally players getting smart and not looking for 8 year deals coming off their ELC, but 5 to get that second bite at the Apple. 

This is what Marner wants too,,,but $north of $11m for 5, just like Matthews recurved