Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Liking Vesey's game the last few. 

Dahlin needs to sit a couple games. 

Dahlin has definitely been struggling lately. Hopefully he shakes it off soon. 

Not worried about him yet, maybe mildly concerned. But I have no doubt he will be fine long term. It took Victor Hedman about 4 seasons to become Victor Hedman. People talking about a Norris were getting WAY ahead of themselves though. 

And as i’m typing, Buffalo gets a PP!  They Need to take advantage. 

BTW, Kane is having a heck of a game. It doesn’t surprise me he’s fired up to play Buffalo.  

He’s had a really good start this season. Had a hat trick the other night. 

Also, Love how Buffalo is attacking rebounds and crashing the net tonight! 

(yes, I know this post is all over the place. Just typing random thoughts as I watch the game, half asleep...lol) 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Not worried about him yet, maybe mildly concerned. But I have no doubt he will be fine long term. It took Victor Hedman about 4 seasons to become Victor Hedman. People talking about a Norris were getting WAY ahead of themselves though. 

BTW, Kane is having a heck of a game. It doesn’t surprise me he’s fired up to play Buffalo.  

(yes, I know this post is all over the place. Just typing random thoughts as I watch the game, half asleep...lol) 

@plenzmd1 mentioned it the other day and I am tending to agree at this juncture: Dahlin has lost confidence. Everything he does on the ice, EVERYTHING, is weak. Passes, clear attempts, manning the puck, you name it; it's weak. He needs to sit up in the box for a game or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 out of 6 on the road trip. I'll take it. The good thing is that we banked these points without playing anywhere near our best, too. I think that bodes well. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Those casual Eichel backhand passes (especially at the blue line).... might be my biggest pet peeve with Eichel. 

I hear that. Drives me crazy. And it's a short drive to begin with!

• Like (+1) 1

I am really encouraged by Mittelstadt’s last few games. I’m hoping that he’s found his confidence and is turning a corner in his development. That whole Mittelstadt line has been pretty good the past 2 games.

Another great game from Jokiharju, too. Kid has been a huge surprise for me. I knew Blackhawk fans were hyping him up at the beginning of last season, but I didn’t start watching him until Jeremy Colliton took over for Q, and there was so much chaos in their new man to man system, it was hard to judge anyone. But now I see why they were so hyped up. Krueger’s system is much more similar to Quenneville’s, where as Colliton’s is more similar to Housley’s. He’s obviously a better fit in this defense. I still can’t believe the hawks traded him for Nylander! lol  All because he struggled in a new coaches system. A 31yr old rookie coach who looked in WAY over his head and who the Blackhawk players don’t seem to respect. 

• Like (+1) 4

Heard Duffer say in the post game that we are +10 in 5x5 for the season. If there was ONE area we needed to improve this year, that was it. And the thing is, I don’t think the Eichel line is out scoring the opponents in 5x5 hockey for the season, either. That tells me we are FINALLY seeing the secondary scoring we’ve been missing for a while now. Another good sign moving forward. 

Coaching. It makes a difference. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Heard Duffer say in the post game that we are +10 in 5x5 for the season. If there was ONE area we needed to improve this year, that was it. And the thing is, I don’t think the Eichel line is out scoring the opponents in 5x5 hockey for the season, either. That tells me we are FINALLY seeing the secondary scoring we’ve been missing for a while now. Another good sign moving forward. 

Coaching. It makes a difference. 

Peters>>>>>Marty

• Like (+1) 1

I watched the first period and then the recap this morning. The player who has unexpectedly caught my eye this season is Jokiharju. He is getting better each game. You can see him playing with confidence and asserting himself more and more. What is so impressive about him is that for such a young player he plays with the poise of a veteran. He was a factor in two scores. Botterill should be arrested for felonious theft in his deal with the Blackhawks. 

You have to like what you see from the Mitts line. I'm sure most of the attention is on Mitts with his goal scoring but the player that I see steadily loosening up and playing better is Vesey. Jimmy V is known to be a slow starter but you can see him coming out of his shell and being a factor. His style of play is not flashy. It is more of a blue collar and straight line style of play. He was a good pickup by the GM.

I said this before but the GM with his non-flashy additions has solidified this team. Johannson, Miller, Vesey and Joki are all positive additions. Olofsson who is also an addition from the system is a dynamo on the PP but hasn't been much of a factor on 5x5. I'm confident that he will come around.

The one thing that I liked about the Sabres in this game is that there is a more net presence where most of the goals are scored. There is a big difference in that mucky area this year compared to the recent past. The feisty Skinner (another Botts acquisition) is one of the most effective players in the league in that congested area. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

When you are tired you are a free floater poster. That is so psychedelic. Are you sure that you didn't pop one of those LSD mind expanding pills last night? ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

@plenzmd1 mentioned it the other day and I am tending to agree at this juncture: Dahlin has lost confidence. Everything he does on the ice, EVERYTHING, is weak. Passes, clear attempts, manning the puck, you name it; it's weak. He needs to sit up in the box for a game or two. 

that first chart is not pretty...