Jump to content
BillsFan4

Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20 Next game: Sat. Oct. 19th at 10:30pm

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

 

Randy_Constan.jpg

 

If this were a video daily double clue on Jeopardy the question would be:

 

What is a dude who can do more pull-ups than Mittlestadt?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, BillsFan4 said:

This is from a Finnish poster on another site. He translated the part of the video interview with Risto in that MTV link. Gives a bit clearer picture. 

 

 

 

            Changes the entire conversation.   Keep this in mind when you hear governments are in negotiation about just about anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 5:53 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

I have been a fan of this team since 1973. I don’t remember being as down on this team as I am now. 

New coach (anything's better than Housley), new talent all around, better defense (especially if/when they trade Risto.  Can't be any worse than it's been.

 

Note: Did you by chance go to BU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those 50th anniversary sweaters are terrible!  And who thought they should be worn with those white gloves!?  

 

It seems like these things have been very well received by Sabres fans, for the most part.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

With respect to Risto I don't see a deal being executed, if at all, until many of the free agents on the market are signed. Once those players are signed then the teams can make decisions on whether they need to move players to accommodate those large salaries within the cap.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnC said:

With respect to Risto I don't see a deal being executed, if at all, until many of the free agents on the market are signed. Once those players are signed then the teams can make decisions on whether they need to move players to accommodate those large salaries within the cap.

 I also get the impression that the holdup at this point is all the big name RFA’s that remain unsigned (like Connor and Laine in Winnipeg, a team that desperately needs RH defenseman). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

 I also get the impression that the holdup at this point is all the big name RFA’s that remain unsigned (like Connor and Laine in Winnipeg, a team that desperately needs RH defenseman). 

 

 

Paul Hamilton has on a number of occasions brought up Winnipeg as a destination for Risto if he were to be dealt. He has insinuated that the contours of a deal have already been established but until the free agents are signed the details can't be worked out. Craig Rivet on the Instigators gushes over Connor. I would love to deal for him but it would take a Risto plus player/s to get that deal done. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Paul Hamilton has on a number of occasions brought up Winnipeg as a destination for Risto if he were to be dealt. He has insinuated that the contours of a deal have already been established but until the free agents are signed the details can't be worked out. Craig Rivet on the Instigators gushes over Connor. I would love to deal for him but it would take a Risto plus player/s to get that deal done. 

 

They’d move Laine first. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shrader said:

 

They’d move Laine first. 

You are probably right. Because Connor plays such a high end two way go I would prefer Connor.  From a cap perspective the Jets are going to be tightly squeezed after they sign their primary players. Attached is a link of their roster and stats. 

 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/teams/winnipeg-jets-players-2018-19-nhl-stats.html

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

 

 

Jack is primed to continue on the path to stardom. The most intriguing issue for me is who is going to be on his line? Do you split his line of Skinner and Reinhart to upgrade the second line? Or do you keep his elite line together with him and Skinner and Reinhart. There is some of talk from the GM suggesting that Reinhart could be moved to the second line in order to balance out the top two lines. I understand the reasoning but prefer keeping the premier Jack line in tact. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

😍😍

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/sabres-dahlin-tells-ap-hes-better-prepared-2nd-220705978--nhl.html

 

Quote

Last season didn't sit well with Buffalo Sabresdefenseman Rasmus Dahlin.

Unaccustomed to losing and no longer a rookie, Dahlin told The Associated Press on Thursday he feels better prepared and is far more driven to help transform the Sabres into contenders.

 

''I'm putting more pressure on myself. We're going to be a winning team and be in the playoffs,'' Dahlin said. ''I think everyone is putting more pressure on ourselves now, and we're ready to go.''

 

The first player selected in the 2018 draft is so eager to put last year behind him, he was among the first Sabres players to hit the ice at the team's practice facility, some three weeks before teams open training camp. He arrived in Buffalo from his native Sweden on Tuesday, and would have been back in town a few days earlier if not for travel complications......

 

 

Good stuff @john wawrow

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

That kid is tremendous.  I doubt the laziness surrounding this team the last few years will suck the life out of his game like it has done to most of the roster.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

The GM in short order has substantially remade the defensive unit. He added Montour last year, and traded for Collin Miller and Henri Jokiharju this offseason. What was given up for the return was minimal. If Risto is retained, even for the short term, then our top two pairings will be good with plenty of depth. We also have a couple of credible prospects in the system that are ready to make the jump. 

 

The biggest challenge and issue is whether the GM bolstered the second and lower lines enough to give more balance to the offense? This is where the Risto asset/chip comes into play. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

That kid is tremendous.  I doubt the laziness surrounding this team the last few years will suck the life out of his game like it has done to most of the roster.

He is probably the most important Sabres' draft pick since Perrault and it's not just because of his tremendous skill.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He is probably the most important Sabres' draft pick since Perrault and it's not just because of his tremendous skill.

Can you imagine how good he is going to be two or three years down the road when his boy body becomes more manly? He's a gem not just because of his physical skills but more so because of his on ice acumen. You can't teach those god given instincts. Can you imagine how good Risto would be if he had less than half of Dahlin's ice intelligence? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Can you imagine how good he is going to be two or three years down the road when his boy body becomes more manly? He's a gem not just because of his physical skills but more so because of his on ice acumen. You can't teach those god given instincts. Can you imagine how good Risto would be if he had less than half of Dahlin's ice intelligence? 

And Dahlin has only been a defenseman since age 14. 

 

Crazy

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://buffalonews.com/2019/08/24/buffalo-sabres-casey-mittelstadt-erik-rasmussen-map-south-hockey-nhl-news-2019/

 

Quote

With three weeks remaining in the Buffalo Sabres' season, Casey Mittelstadt called his trainer, Erik Rasmussen, in March to make plans to start their offseason workouts.

 

The date Mittelstadt wanted to begin: April 12, only three days after the Sabres' season finale in Detroit.

 

"I said, ‘There’s no way you’re starting then,'" Rasmussen, Director of Player Development at MAP South Hockey in Mendota Heights, Minn., recalled during a recent phone interview. "Casey said, ‘I will be there and we’re starting.’ ... Casey is driving it. It’s no one else telling him to work like this."

 

Glad to hear he’s taking his training serious. We need him to take a nice step forward this season, especially with the way the roster is currently constructed at forward. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/08/24/buffalo-sabres-casey-mittelstadt-erik-rasmussen-map-south-hockey-nhl-news-2019/

 

 

Glad to hear he’s taking his training serious. We need him to take a nice step forward this season, especially with the way the roster is currently constructed at forward. 

Wonder how many pull-ups he’s up to. :lol:

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He is probably the most important Sabres' draft pick since Perrault and it's not just because of his tremendous skill.

       I just couldn't pass this by.   It's Perreault.                                                           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Greybeard said:

       I just couldn't pass this by.   It's Perreault.                                                           

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://buffalonews.com/2019/08/24/buffalo-sabres-casey-mittelstadt-erik-rasmussen-map-south-hockey-nhl-news-2019/

 

 

Glad to hear he’s taking his training serious. We need him to take a nice step forward this season, especially with the way the roster is currently constructed at forward. 

I hope he is a better trainer than he was a pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

?

       You were referring to Gilbert Perreault, weren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

?

You seem confused, Darin. 


You spelled #11's name wrong

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...