Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

57 minutes ago, eball said:

That was the strangest game last night.  Got our asses kicked much of the game and still skated away with a 3-0 shutout.  Kudos to Hutts for another great game, and welcome to the party, Mitts!  I'll say one thing:  Sheary > Rodrigues.

Particularly in the 2nd, I can't believe how many wide open shots the Kings had that just missed the net entirely.  That was terrible (and lucky for us).

I wanted to see how they'd rebound from a tough game and even though LA controlled much of the play they jumped to an early lead and were able to hang on.  That builds mental toughness.

i did not watch..got up at my usually old man hour of 4 am intending to, but score popped up on my phone so I justed watch the highlights!

But this form Chad confirms what you saw!

this was a good thread about "score effects" when it comes to advanced analytics. Basic theory being of course a team is going to get more shots when down 3 etc. But thought this tweet was relevant when we think of " the streak" last year and the underlying numbers from last night

I didn't watch the game. This link is WGR's Paul Hamilton write up of the game. His major point is that Mitts and his line played well, and that Sobotka made important contributions at critical times. Hutton was the star of the game for being the difference when the stats indicated that we were the lesser team. Overall, our goaltending has been superb. 

From his writeup the most encouraging thing about this game is that Mitts and his line were big factors. If this line can get going it will balance out the lines. Another encouraging takeaway is that this team is so much more mentally tough than the previous fragile teams. They played with heavy legs and fought through it.  Resiliency may not show up in stats but it is critical in a long and fatiguing season.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-get-back-win-column-after-just-one-loss

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i did not watch..got up at my usually old man hour of 4 am intending to, but score popped up on my phone so I justed watch the highlights!

The Kings put on the worse display of shooting accuracy I have ever seen.   I have never seen anything like that.   If they managed to get a shot on net, Hutton was there.  To say they dominated play in the second and third period is a gross understatement.   It was a game of extremes but the one thing that really counted the Sabres had the advantage, goals scored.

• Like (+1) 1

Requesting some assistance. I used to be able to bring up the video on NHL.com. It was a good resource for highlights and game recaps. Although I can bring up the site I can not get the videos on the site to work. Any advice?

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Requesting some assistance. I used to be able to bring up the video on NHL.com. It was a good resource for highlights and game recaps. Although I can bring up the site I can not get the videos on the site to work. Any advice?

I've had trouble with the site recently too.  I can access things on my phone, but anything I've tried on the laptop has not worked.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

I've had trouble with the site recently too.  I can access things on my phone, but anything I've tried on the laptop has not worked.

I found a solution to my problem. The video doesn't work with Microsoft Edge but it does with Google Chrome. Try another program to see if this compatibility issue is resolved. 

41 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I found a solution to my problem. The video doesn't work with Microsoft Edge but it does with Google Chrome. Try another program to see if this compatibility issue is resolved. 

Nothing works with Microsoft, including PCs

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Wait, as a nightowl, I need to know more about why you would get up at 4AM to watch a hockey game from the night before? 

19 minutes ago, bbb said:

Wait, as a nightowl, I need to know more about why you would get up at 4AM to watch a hockey game from the night before? 

As i age, i find it harder and harder to sleep past 4AM..so i record most of the night football games and other games like this Sabre game and watch maybe the first half or first period, go to bed, and watch the rest when i wake up at this ungodly hour.I am usually pretty diligent about not looking at my phone, so its like live to me, but this morning i did!

Sucks to get old!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

It happens to me from time to time using safari browser. 

I just switch to Firefox or google chrome and the videos work.

NHL.com is a piss poor run site. 

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Nothing works with Microsoft, including PCs

Try Firefox browser 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Try Firefox browser 

i mean NOTHING works on any Microsoft product..including PCs

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Firefox is still around? Cool beans. Netscape Navigator users?

For those concerned with security and Privacy, Mozilla is 1000X better than Chrome..and its not even close

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Firefox is still around? Cool beans. Netscape Navigator users?

I used Netscape for my email up until a few years ago.  I thought Outlook would be this huge improvement.  Turns out I liked the one that hadn't been updated in like a decade better.............For almost all software, every time they'd change things, I'd get annoyed, but then after a little bit think Yeah, this is better................That changed about 5 years ago for me.  I get annoyed and then it still stays worse than what they had before.  It's change for change's sake. 

Two words for Eichel: puck battle. Asserting absolutely NO dominance on the ice. I'm sorry, but when you're the bell cow, you have to show up to play on EVERY SHIFT. He's still the same "some shifts on, some shifts off" player he's been since he's come into the league. 

• Like (+1) 1