Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The attached link is an article by Bill Hoppe for Buffalo Hockey. This link was taken from the hockey side of TBD. The focus of the article is on Vesey. It highlights the fact that although he is not producing offensively he is contributing defensively. It also points out that he has a history of starting slow. 

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/jimmy-vesey-happy-with-sabres-says-start-has-been-good-and-bad/?view=getnewpost

I've been pretty impressed with his overall game so far.  

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If the prize were Gretzky instead of Eichel and Murray didn't change anything else he'd done, he'd still be gone.  

He may have been the worst GM in the history of pro sports.  He turned all of those resources into useless drafted players, a bad goalie, wasted time, a drunk Canadian donut store killer with motivation issues, bad coaching, and multiple years of ineptitude all while being a complete douche.  That is not a resume that keeps jobs.  The Sabres weren't doing any better than 10th from the bottom if they tried their damndest anyway.  Pinning the results since on the fact that Eichel isn't Michael Jordan is inaccurate.

The goalie he picked up had issues but then went on to be up for awards in his first season out of Buffalo, and the drink Canadian was a big part of St Louis getting their first cup....

He may have spent alot of resources, but he picked talent that for some reason just didn't work in Buffalo. With ROR it was because of all the losing that the team wanted to get the top pick that caused him to want out.

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The goalie he picked up had issues but then went on to be up for awards in his first season out of Buffalo, and the drink Canadian was a big part of St Louis getting their first cup....

He may have spent alot of resources, but he picked talent that for some reason just didn't work in Buffalo. With ROR it was because of all the losing that the team wanted to get the top pick that caused him to want out.

The reason was Murray.  The losing to get Eichel was done before ROR arrived so you're wrong about that.

Edited by 4merper4mer

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

@njbuff what do you think of this? 

Hynes must be on the hot seat IMO, if the GM wants eyes on him. 

Makes no difference.

Hynes should be gone NOW. He’s terrible and he has no idea how to manage a lineup.

Hynes will be fired when it’s way too late.

Plus, I would trade Hall for a quality Dman yesterday, even though Hall’s value is low right now.

By the way, the Devils are the worst team in the NHL right now.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Makes no difference.

Hynes should be gone NOW. He’s terrible and he has no idea how to manage a lineup.

Hynes will be fired when it’s way too late.

Plus, I would trade Hall for a quality Dman yesterday, even though Hall’s value is low right now.

By the way, the Devils are the worst team in the NHL right now.

I’d be happy to take Taylor Hall of your hands. He’s got a good history with Krueger. Dahlin is off limits, so which of our D men do you want instead?

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I’d be happy to take Taylor Hall of your hands. He’s got a good history with Krueger. Dahlin is off limits, so which of our D men do you want instead?

You should play the waiting game.

If the Devils continue to be piss poor on the ice, which is very very likely as Shero continues to believe in Hynes, you can get Hall for pennies on the dollar instead of giving up the farm for him.

I would take Reinhart, Risto and a top prospect, but you would be stupid to pull the trigger on this right now.

Just now, njbuff said:

If the Devils continue to be piss poor on the ice, which is very very likely as Shero continues to believe in Hynes, you can get Hall for pennies on the dollar instead of giving up the farm for him.

I would take Reinhart, Risto and a top prospect, but you would be stupid to pull the trigger on this right now.

No thanks. 

What top prospect did you have in mind?

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So....the opposite of what you originally said.

I said ROR wanted out cause he was sick of all the losing. They brought him in after they got their saviour but instead of improving they continued to be horrible and even get worse. TM brought in some talented players but the team continued to lose, the blame should have been more on the coaches for this team being so bad rather then the GM who brought in guys who have found success right after leaving. 

The tank failed because the team didn't get better until many years/coaches/GMs later, and the result of it Was a player who has been some tremendous league leading talent who can change a team

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I said ROR wanted out cause he was sick of all the losing. They brought him in after they got their saviour but instead of improving they continued to be horrible and even get worse. TM brought in some talented players but the team continued to lose, the blame should have been more on the coaches for this team being so bad rather then the GM who brought in guys who have found success right after leaving. 

The tank failed because the team didn't get better until many years/coaches/GMs later, and the result of it Was a player who has been some tremendous league leading talent who can change a team

Dude you said it was the losing they did to get Eichel.  Own it.  

And ROR did play great for the Blues, there is no denying that.  There is also no denying that Murray spent a lot of resources on him and he was crap with a pouty face for the Sabres.  That is on Murray.

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I've been pretty impressed with his overall game so far.  

I'm with you. He adds an element of grittiness that was previously lacking with this soft team. He plays a hard game especially when the other team has the puck. I'm aware that the term "hard on the puck" has become an overused cliché but it is an apt description of his style of play. I thought the Dallas game was his best game, and his line's best game. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Give it time.

If the Devils continue to be the pathetic gutless useless team they are.............

you can get Hall for virtually nothing as he approaches FA.

Hall is a terrific talent. But I'm not giving up a player like Risto who is under contract for a player who will be a free agent after this season. When you watch the Devils and watch the Sabres what becomes evident is how critical your defensive unit is to be successful.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

It's a shame Chiarelli isn't there.  We could offer him Larsson and hope he gets confused.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Reinhart isn't a scintillating player but he is a critical player. His value is not measured by his stats. I would be willing to consider giving up Risto for Hall but not Reinhart. However, more and more I am moving toward keeping Risto unless the offer is so overwhelming in our favor. The problem with giving up a rugged player such as Risto is that what he offers as a player is not likely to be replaced..