Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

22 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Don't despair. I'm guaranteeing a victory tonight. Not because we have a better team but as you stated because we are a more desperate team. That will be a big factor in an effort sport.

I supposed it could be as simple as playing on home ice, but I'm not so sure I buy into that thought that we are more desperate.  Carolina's season may as well be a mirror image of ours up to this point.  They're trying to dig out of a very similar rut that we are.

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I supposed it could be as simple as playing on home ice, but I'm not so sure I buy into that thought that we are more desperate.  Carolina's season may as well be a mirror image of ours up to this point.  They're trying to dig out of a very similar rut that we are.

Because of the falling off the cliff after last year's win streak I think that this ugly history is hovering over this roster with a lot of the same players. If I were a betting man (I'm not) I would put my money on the Sabres. If you are taking a different view then your guess is as worthy as mine.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Because of the falling off the cliff after last year's win streak I think that this ugly history is hovering over this roster with a lot of the same players. If I were a betting man (I'm not) I would put my money on the Sabres. If you are taking a different view then your guess is as worthy as mine.

I'm also not a betting man, but if I was, I would have only one rule: Never bet on Buffalo (either team).  Whether you're picking them to win or lose, they'll always disappoint.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

When we decide to skate, we can contend most nights, regardless of opponent. We controlled play for long stretches vs. the 'Ning. 

MOVE YOUR FEET!!!

The game that was a measuring stick game for me that gave me some hope was the Islander game. In that game although we played them even or better we lost that game where they scored a fluke goal. That tight style of play with consistent effort showed me that they can compete with anyone even when outgunned by the elite teams. The much discussed primary deficiency of not having enough offensive potency is evident. Will that change this season? I don't think so. From the reports that are seeping out is that a trade of Scandella or a similar caliber player might bring in a third line caliber of Florida.

The coach is an upgrade. And the structure is more apparent and will get better. I'm not discouraged. I'm predicting a win tonight against a comparable talented team.  

Wow. Ladd on waivers. He was in the same UFA class as Okposo and both signed similar deals (Okposo left the NYI to sign here, and Ladd took his place there). 

Man that was an absolutely brutal free agent class...

Lucic $6M x 7yrs

Okposo $6M x 7

Ladd $5.5M x 7

Eriksson $6M x 6

Backes $6M x 5

Yandle $6.3 x 7

Boedker $4Mx4

Brouwer $4.5Mx4

Nielsen $5.1Mx6

Demers $4.5x5

Not a single player on the list I’d want with their current contracts+cap hits. 

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Based on his interview I don't see him making any major changes. He is riding the ponies he has in the corral. Based on his tone from that interview I just don't see him exhibiting much urgency because he is invested in what he has on the roster and in the system. 

We were fortunate to get a point out of the Carolina game. I really get frustrated with this team's over-passing instead of shooting. It drives me crazy. Carolina scored two goals from deflections with players crowding the net. We don't do that enough. When ERod passed the puck when he had a golden opportunity to shoot the puck near the net with two players driving toward the net I wanted to scream. 

If we don't beat Ottawa Saturday this team will be in trouble.  

• Like (+1) 1

The below link is Krueger on WGR with his post game comments.

Observations: This team needs to shoot more and get in front of the net. Scandella and Joki make a good pairing. The Joki deal looks better and better. I thought Lazar added some speed and grit to the lineup. Carolina consistently is able to get players to the net while we don't. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-14-ralph-krueger-post-game

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Based on his interview I don't see him making any major changes. He is riding the ponies he has in the corral. Based on his tone from that interview I just don't see him exhibiting much urgency because he is invested in what he has on the roster and in the system. 

We were fortunate to get a point out of the Carolina game. I really get frustrated with this team's over-passing instead of shooting. It drives me crazy. Carolina scored two goals from deflections with players crowding the net. We don't do that enough. When ERod passed the puck when he had a golden opportunity to shoot the puck near the net with two players driving toward the net I wanted to scream. 

If we don't beat Ottawa Saturday this team will be in trouble.  

Based on his interview, all i can think of is that "all is fine" gif....https://gph.is/2h8wI3B

And no matter what happens Saturday, this team is in monster trouble seems to me...i am this close to saying blow the whole thing up and tank again...1-6-1 ....sure looks like a last place team to me--for basically  the 6th time in the last 8 seasond

BTW, john, maybe you wee right, just maybe this team is so god awful even Gof himself couldn't coach them to the playoffs. And if thats the case, its gots to fall on the GM

Edited by plenzmd1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Based on his interview, all i can think of is that "all is fine" gif....https://gph.is/2h8wI3B

And no matter what happens Saturday, this team is in monster trouble seems to me...i am this close to saying blow the whole thing up and tank again...1-6-1 ....sure looks like a last place team to me--for basically  the 6th time in the last 8 seasond

BTW, john, maybe you wee right, just maybe this team is so god awful even Gof himself couldn't coach them to the playoffs. And if thats the case, its gots to fall on the GM

You are too caught up with embracing your depression that you don't see the progress being made. I have for some time told you that the primary issue for this team is its lack of talent. And I have repeatedly stated to you that it was going to take time to address that issue. It fell on deaf ears because you were too consumed for pursuing the bogeyman (Housely). While you are approaching a state of despair---I am not. You may not notice it but this team, even with its struggles, is moving up the ranks as a middle of the pack team. I suspect that a deal or two will be made during the season to better round out our roster.

The worst thing this organization to do is to follow your zany advice of blowing up the roster. Do you take a lunatic pill every morning? Because when talking about the Sabres you say some Crazy Shiit. My advice to you is to be less impulsive and more patient. You mock me when I say but I will continue to say it :Trust the Process.  It's actually working. The worst thing that this organization to do is to keep churning staff and players. Constantly starting over when faced with adversity is self-defeating and makes the climb even harder and longer.  

@JohnC, what more do you need than 1-6-1...that's a last place team..an improving team does not go on streaks like that. If they don't go at least 2-0-1 next three, last place here we come!

I guess Jbotts is so enamored with surplus of D, he is talking about dressing 7 on a team that cant score! Yay!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are too caught up with embracing your depression that you don't see the progress being made. I have for some time told you that the primary issue for this team is its lack of talent. And I have repeatedly stated to you that it was going to take time to address that issue. It fell on deaf ears because you were too consumed for pursuing the bogeyman (Housely). While you are approaching a state of despair---I am not. You may not notice it but this team, even with its struggles, is moving up the ranks as a middle of the pack team. I suspect that a deal or two will be made during the season to better round out our roster.

The worst thing this organization to do is to follow your zany advice of blowing up the roster. Do you take a lunatic pill every morning? Because when talking about the Sabres you say some Crazy Shiit. My advice to you is to be less impulsive and more patient. You mock me when I say but I will continue to say it :Trust the Process.  It's actually working. The worst thing that this organization to do is to keep churning staff and players. Constantly starting over when faced with adversity is self-defeating and makes the climb even harder and longer.  

If we don’t churn players, how else do we improve the roster?