Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Sabres schedule is out. A disappointing lack of Bills/Sabres weekends for us out-of-towners. 10/27-28 (Sun-Mon actually) , 11/2-11/3 and 12/27-12/29.

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/308047524/binary-file/file.pdf

That stinks..last year there were so many! I ma

27 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This is the 2nd separate report now that the hurricanes only offered Aho $6Mx8yrs.

I really wish buffalo had their own 3rd round pick in 2020. Aho would be a prime candidate for an offer sheet.

Man, why in the world would he take that? I mean if you ever needed a case for collusion, there it is. I could see $6Mx4...but not 8.

Prolly to hard to get that third rounder back for them just to poach their RFA.....but man i hope we see some offer sheets this year

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Nine back to backs with six in the first three months, none in Dec., none in Jan., two in Feb, and one in March. None of them with crazy travel involved (short hops) except for maybe our home and home vs. Tampa and they have the same disadvantage. For once, I’m not too irked about the back to backs.

So I got that goin’ for me.

nice littel chart here 

49 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Yep, right down at the bottom again!!!! and no good doubleheader days with he Bills to compensate for it!

GAH!! One Buffalo, people!!!  You'd think someone would think of these things. Synergy!

Ok, folks. Now that the schedule has been released, where are we at the end of October? Are we within that magical 4 

points of the final playoff birth, or on the outside looking in? I see us at 5-6. Ouch. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Ok, folks. Now that the schedule has been released, where are we at the end of October? Are we within that magical 4 

points of the final playoff birth, or on the outside looking in? I see us at 5-6. Ouch. 

That was proven false last season.

By the Sabres on the "high" side AND by the eventual Stanley Cup Champions on the "low" side.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/index.fcgi?month=10&day=31&year=2018

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

That was proven false last season.

By the Sabres on the "high" side AND by the eventual Stanley Cup Champions on the "low" side.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/index.fcgi?month=10&day=31&year=2018

Does it work in both directions? I honestly don’t know if being within that four point window or better assures the playoffs. I’m only familiar with the stat that says if you aren’t within four points then you have little chance. 

Anyway, the Blues are certainly the exception. Almost flukey. 

6 hours ago, snafu said:

I wouldn't move Ristolainen no matter what he feelzzz.

He needs to be (and can be) part of the solution.  He's talented, a very young veteran, and fairly cheap for a few more years to come.  I mean holy crap, the GM needs to fix the team and shipping off a talented RHD isn't the way to start.  The return would have to pay immediate dividends.

I know I'm repeating what you posted, but my own feelzzz are getting the best of me.  The Sabres' bad moves trigger me more than anything else -- even if they are hypothetical bad moves that might never happen.

From the NJ end it has been discussed that Jesper Bratt and Sami Vatanen are the ones NJ will give up for Risto.

Buffalo seems dead set on wanting Jesper Boqvist and maybe Damon Severson. Buffalo isn't budging from Boqvist, so Risto to NJ is very unlikely.

But what do I know.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

From the NJ end it has been discussed that Jesper Bratt and Sami Vatanen are the ones NJ will give up for Risto.

Buffalo seems dead set on wanting Jesper Boqvist and maybe Damon Severson. Buffalo isn't budging from Boqvist, so Risto to NJ is very unlikely.

But what do I know.

I don't see the Devils giving up Boqvist in a trade for Risto, especially after they acquired Subban. He is a big time prospect ready or near ready to move up to the NHL. He fits in with the transformation from  a Lou Lamerillo (sic) Jersey tight playing and boring defensive club to a new age fast and skilled team. They are putting together an exciting roster with Boqvist beautifully fitting in with how they want to design a roster. 

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/6/10/18660550/jesper-boqvist-signed-elc-new-jersey-devils-get-hyped-day-news-night-reactions

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I don't see the Devils giving up Boqvist in a trade for Risto, especially after they acquired Subban. He is a big time prospect ready or near ready to move up to the NHL. He fits in with the transformation from  a Lou Lamerillo (sic) Jersey tight playing and boring defensive club to a new age fast and skilled team. They are putting together an exciting roster with Boqvist beautifully fitting in with how they want to design a roster. 

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2019/6/10/18660550/jesper-boqvist-signed-elc-new-jersey-devils-get-hyped-day-news-night-reactions

That's why the Sabres want him. He could fit very in to what the Sabres do too.

I don't know if the Sabres want to up the ante or not as I have no idea who else the Sabres would include in a deal if they insist on Boqvist.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

That's why the Sabres want him. He could fit very in to what the Sabres do too.

I don't know if the Sabres want to up the ante or not as I have no idea who else the Sabres would include in a deal if they insist on Boqvist.

Boqvist not only fits with what the Sabres want to do but this talented player fits in with what every team wants to do. Ever since the departure of Lou L and the installation of Ray Shero he has systematically been reshaping the roster to make it more skilled and faster. It has taken three to four tough years to go through this metamorphosis but he is on the cusp of making his team the most compelling team in the NYC region. As I said in the prior post I'm sure the Devils would love to have Risto but with the acquisition of Subban it is less of a need. 

The positive takeaway for me is that our GM is not going to be pressured to sell off another primary player unless there is a primary player coming back in return. It's obvious that there was a lesson learned by the ROR deal. This team can't afford any more major mishaps. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Boqvist not only fits with what the Sabres want to do but this talented player fits in with what every team wants to do. Ever since the departure of Lou L and the installation of Ray Shero he has systematically been reshaping the roster to make it more skilled and faster. It has taken three to four tough years to go through this metamorphosis but he is on the cusp of making his team the most compelling team in the NYC region. As I said in the prior post I'm sure the Devils would love to have Risto but with the acquisition of Subban it is less of a need. 

The positive takeaway for me is that our GM is not going to be pressured to sell off another primary player unless there is a primary player coming back in return. It's obvious that there was a lesson learned by the ROR deal. This team can't afford any more major mishaps. 

The Devils like Vatanen, but they are shaky on his reliability to be the number 2 right handed defenseman behind Subban.

They want someone who is bigger than Vatanen to handle that role and Risto fits the bill.

Excellent analysis by you............. we will see what happens,

• Like (+1) 1

The last 31 thoughts column of the 2018-19 season -

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-short-term-deals-break-rfa-stalemates/

Not much about the Sabres, except this -

When it comes to offer sheets, I’m like the economist who predicts the housing bubble will burst. They’re wrong almost every time. But that moment it happens, out comes the back-patting. One of these days, offer sheets will happen. Now? God only knows. There are lots of rumours. 

One agent said there’s no point in looking at the idea without answering three things: Who has the cap space, who has the draft picks and who has the “will” to do it? The Islanders check those boxes, and a couple of opponents wondered about Buffalo — to rejuvenate the team and market. Most don’t expect them to happen. (One GM specifically said he hoped it didn’t happen to Toronto, because he didn’t want to see the Maple Leafs, angry, with extra cap room and picks.)

4. Pavelski declined visits in a couple of places where he thought the teams weren’t close enough to winning. All eyes are on Dallas and Tampa Bay, although Chicago may try to convince him to visit. The Stars are determined to add scorers. 

It was reported recently that the Sabres would try and meet with Pavelski. He’s 36 though. I fully understand why he wouldn’t want to come here right now. 

25 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

The last 31 thoughts column of the 2018-19 season -

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-short-term-deals-break-rfa-stalemates/

Not much about the Sabres, except this -

It was reported recently that the Sabres would try and meet with Pavelski. He’s 36 though. I fully understand why he wouldn’t want to come here right now. 

Regarding that scared GM who didn’t want to see the Leafs angry; that coward should be summarily fired and run out of his town on a rail. 

Fortune favors the bold as the old saying goes.

Edited by K-9

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Regarding that scared GM who didn’t want to see the Leafs angry; that coward should be summarily fired and run out of his town on a rail. 

Fortune favors the bold as the old saying goes.

Thing i took from that is Avs not giving up #16 for Kreider..i kinda like him..thought maybe the Sabres could get him with #31 and a throw in at the draft..wonder what it takes now?

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thing i took from that is Avs not giving up #16 for Kreider..i kinda like him..thought maybe the Sabres could get him with #31 and a throw in at the draft..wonder what it takes now?

Good question.

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Devils like Vatanen, but they are shaky on his reliability to be the number 2 right handed defenseman behind Subban.

They want someone who is bigger than Vatanen to handle that role and Risto fits the bill.

Excellent analysis by you............. we will see what happens,

I'm making a trade proposal: Nylander and Risto for Boqvist and Vatenen. What say you? I won't ask Plezmd1 his opinion because he is against everything I am for and for everything I am against. He is a recalcitrant. :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1