Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

32 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Olofsson seriously looks like a Calder winner!

Sabres rookie Victor Olofsson sets NHL power-play goal record

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did anyone see Son of Olof being this good?

I don't watch much hockey.  I follow it, listen to it on the radio, keep up with games and videos on twitter, but rarely watch on TV.  And, being a hockey simpleton, I love a great shot and I love one timers.  I don't know why they aren't used more often...............I saw one quick video on twitter of his first goal in that prospects game last year, and I said that's my guy!  

39 minutes ago, bbb said:

I don't watch much hockey.  I follow it, listen to it on the radio, keep up with games and videos on twitter, but rarely watch on TV.  And, being a hockey simpleton, I love a great shot and I love one timers.  I don't know why they aren't used more often...............I saw one quick video on twitter of his first goal in that prospects game last year, and I said that's my guy!  

Because you need to have pinpoint accuracy

These guys are playing to win but nobody wants to get hurt. . The last thing that needs to happen is a player taking a one timer up top that shouldn't be and breaking someomes jaw,, again

So most players keep it low or wait till it's clear 

What Olafsson does is amazing

Edited by Buffalo716

33 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because you need to have pinpoint accuracy

These guys are playing to win but nobody wants to get hurt. . The last thing that needs to happen is a player taking a one timer, that shouldn't be and breaking someomes jaw,, again

So most players keep it low or wait till it's clear 

What Olafsson does is amazing

They don't shoot it because they don't want to hurt anybody??

14 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Great overall team win today. The D was stout and kept the shooting lanes clear, Hutton brought his A game and the scorers stepped up when it was needed to put the game away.

Hopefully, they can keep it going on the West Coast trip.

i like they get this trip out of the way, then the Calgary trip out of the way early December...i don't like West coast games after Christmas in a playoff race!

Just saw Hutton post game describing Goalofsun.." hes got a whippy stick" !!! 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bbb said:

They don't shoot it because they don't want to hurt anybody??

They don't all try to roof it. I probably worded it poorly

You see alot of people keeping it on the ice because they don't have that elite skill to put it up top with accuracy

Edited by Buffalo716

34 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I also think that dealing Nylander for the Joker is looking like a straight-out Robbery for Botts.

All three of our defensive pairings are playing well. The coach smartly put together the veteran Miller with Dahlin and the veteran Scandella with Joki. What has impressed me the most about Joki is his poise. He is a terrific skater and passer. But the attribute that stands out for such a young player is his maturity on the ice. He never seems to be rushed and his efficient play belies his youth. The former coach of the Blackhawks, Quenneville, loved Joki. After he was fired the new coach wanted to go in a different direction. The Nylander for Joki deal was a terrific deal for us (as you noted). 

I am changing my position on Risto. We need to keep him. He is a durable big body defenseman who because of his extended playing time is  like a mule on the ice. 

The takeaway for me in this game is that all the lines played a tight game. Whenever a Dallas player got the puck he was swarmed. It should be noted that in every game we got good goaltending. Although this line wasn't involved with scoring I thought the Mitts line played well. Vesey was very active in this game. 

Olofsson made a terrific pass to Reinhart and Sobotka made a terrific pass to Skinner for their scores. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did anyone see Son of Olof being this good?

Yes. Craig Rivet who is a former Sabre and a host on WGR's Instigator Show was talking about Olofsson before the season started. He was adamant that he was going to be a first or second line player. In fact he advocated to put him on the Jack line and move either Reinhart or Skinner to the second line. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They don't all try to roof it. I probably worded it poorly

You see alot of people keeping it on the ice because they don't have that elite skill to put it up top with accuracy

Oh.  I'm not talking about roofing it - I'm talking about taking one timers...............Unless you're saying one timers usually go high.  

Our two favorite whipping boys came through today.  Scandella made the breakout pass to Eichel that ended up on Olof's stick for the first goal of the game, and Sobotka made a nifty dime to Skins and then also won the faceoff that resulted in goal #4.  Krueger is getting production out of these guys!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bbb said:

Oh.  I'm not talking about roofing it - I'm talking about taking one timers...............Unless you're saying one timers usually go high.  

Yea that was part of the point. One timers are hard to control and have an uncanny ability to rise

Players who can't control it don't use it often or make sure they keep it on the ice

Player's like oflafsson and stamkos and Ovechkin can put it high , low, far or near post. They can control it so they are put in situations to unleash it

• Thank you (+1) 1