Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

It’s new. It happened on a hit as he was headed off on a line change. I don’t remember who initiated it, Skinner or the Boston player,but skinner dropped his shoulder into the guy then fell to the ice and when he got up it looked like he was in pain. 

I am pretty sure its a shoulder injury of some type. 

He looked like he was hurting before the hit too.  It was a bit strange.

• Like (+1) 1

I know they lost but I really didn’t have an issue with the way the Sabres played. I thought that Buffalo looked like the better team for much of the game. Usually it’s boston swarming all over the Sabres, winning puck battles, stripping pucks etc. But I felt like the Sabres were the ones swarming Boston much of the night. 

They just couldn't buy a goal, as usual. And they’re not as talented as Boston is at forward. Halak made some great saves, but the Sabres have issues scoring goals. They have for years. They were creating chances though. But they couldn’t finish.

I have no trouble supporting them when they play like they did on Friday. It’s the games where it looks like nobody cares that really piss me off. I can live with a loss when I see full effort from everyone. 

16 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It’s new. It happened on a hit as he was headed off on a line change. I don’t remember who initiated it, Skinner or the Boston player,but skinner dropped his shoulder into the guy then fell to the ice and when he got up it looked like he was in pain. 

I am pretty sure its a shoulder injury of some type. 

I was kind of hoping it was something that could be blamed for his lack of production this year. 

20 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Every year Boston is good, players come and go. Sabres keep on shuffling the deck. It’s so tiring looking at this franchise doing nothing but spin

it seems to be the same thing for the last 50 years.  The Bruins are always harder working, tougher, etc.  Don't know how that can last that long.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

for some reason DVR recorded NESN feed. Bret Ritchie between period interview.." they dont like to get hit" announcer then agree wit them. Damn

The NESN guys are total homers, but they do a nice broadcast from a technical perspective, and Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley understand hockey.  Some of the guys around the league don't have a clue.

This Sabres team is incredibly soft and it's a problem.  It's not as big a problem as having no good 2nd or 3rd lines, a mediocre defense overall, and average to below average goaltending.

This Sabres team would be massively out-physicaled in a opening round playoff series, assuming we could ever get to one on our own.

Now lost 6 of the last 7 and only Ottawa, NJ, and Detroit have fewer points in the East.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The NESN guys are total homers, but they do a nice broadcast from a technical perspective, and Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley understand hockey.  Some of the guys around the league don't have a clue.

This Sabres team is incredibly soft and it's a problem.  It's not as big a problem as having no good 2nd or 3rd lines, a mediocre defense overall, and average to below average goaltending.

This Sabres team would be massively out-physicaled in a opening round playoff series, assuming we could ever get to one on our own.

Now lost 6 of the last 7 and only Ottawa, NJ, and Detroit have fewer points in the East.

:lol:

These were the intermission guys. Pretty tough when opposing teams call you soft during a game. Damn. 

I thought that once again, Buffalo was the better team. Boston just has more talent. That was the difference. 

The sabres controlled the play for large stretches of the game. They made a couple mistakes and it ends up in the back of our net. That’s the difference. Boston has the talent to capitalize on those mistakes. Buffalo almost has to play a perfect game against the top teams in the league (like Boston) to get the win. 

The wins might not be there at at the moment, but if they keep playing the way they’re playing now, the wins will eventually come. 

At least they are entertaining to watch though. That’s a huge improvement over years past (sadly...). People just watching the score board only see the losses and miss all of the areas that this team is improving under Krueger. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I thought that once again, Buffalo was the better team. Boston just has more talent. That was the difference. 

The sabres controlled the play for large stretches of the game. They made a couple mistakes and it ends up in the back of our net. That’s the difference. Boston has the talent to capitalize on those mistakes. Buffalo almost has to play a perfect game against the top teams in the league (like Boston) to get the win. 

The wins might not be there at at the moment, but if they keep playing the way they’re playing now, the wins will eventually come. 

At least they are entertaining to watch though. That’s a huge improvement over years past (sadly...). People just watching the score board only see the losses and miss all of the areas that this team is improving under Krueger. 

They are a well coached team devoid of talent.  Thankfully some of Bots favorites have been sent to Rochester where they belong.  The problem is that in three years he hasn't managed to assemble a roster with more than 10-12.or so guys that belong in the NHL.  They are the Miami Dolphins.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, plenzmd1 said:

for some reason DVR recorded NESN feed. Bret Ritchie between period interview.." they dont like to get hit" announcer then agree wit them. Damn

Sounds like Bots & Krueger heard that too.  They’re calling up a bruiser from Amerks for the game :)

Shades of Val?

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

Sounds like Bots & Krueger heard that too.  They’re calling up a bruiser from Amerks for the game :)

Shades of Val?

This strikes me as a “lipstick on a pig” kind of move. Taking nothing away from Dalton Smith, but he’s not gonna infuse the ERods, Shearys, and Veseys of the world with any grit. He’s not gonna make anyone more able to win puck battles or go to the greasy areas in front of the net. Besides, our main issue isn’t lack of grit, it’s an inability to score if Jack isn’t dominating. 

That said, I hope Dalton Smith knocks a chiclet out of Cernak’s face tonight. Same goes for that dirty little prick, Kucherov. The league’s response to their cheap shots that took two of our guys out of the lineup, was inadequate. Time to mete out some old time justice and go biblical. 

• Haha (+1) 1