Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

WITH HELP FROM STAFF, 

Biden to pretend to be president.

"Joe Biden is planning a regular shadow briefing... to show how he would handle the crisis and address what he calls the lies and failures of President Trump."

"Biden gave a preview of what’s to come in a conference call with reporters Friday, where he listed a litany of false and misleading statements from Trump.... 'President Trump stop saying false things, will ya?' Biden said. 'People are worried they are really frightened, when these things don't come through. He just exacerbates their concern. Stop saying false things you think make you sound like a hero and start putting the full weight of the federal government behind finding fast, safe and effective treatments.'... [H]e said, his house is being outfitted with equipment that would enable him to livestream events, have interactive tele-press conferences and broadcast interviews with network television. 'I would like to get in the position and we're trying to work out so that the headquarters ... to be able to accommodate my directly answering questions in front of a press that's assigned to me,' he said. 'We've hired a professional team to do that now. And excuse the expression that's a little above my pay grade to know how to do that.'"

Politico reports.

It is a real challenge for Biden and his people to figure out how to campaign from a distance. Sitting on the sidelines and taking potshots at the man who is working nonstop to manage the crisis — this might not feel right to some of us. Biden has to stay in the game somehow, but maybe less is more. Don't make the President's job any more difficult than it is. And don't turn on the cameras just to agitate us with non-insights like "People are worried... they are really frightened." Every guy in America knows how to watch TV and then turn on the videocam and live-stream about how the President bothers him.

Or... I guess Biden wouldn't know how to make such a video. He has "a professional team" to push the little buttons for him, and he's not embarrassed to call the work "above my pay grade."

If you're trying to remember when Obama used that expression, it was in answer to the question when does the unborn have human rights: "… whether you’re looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity … is above my pay grade." I believe Obama was trying to say he is not God, so he cannot be the one to say where that subtle line is.

In the case of Biden, he was just trying to say, he doesn't do electronic gadgets. He didn't really mean that the work he can't do is above him. More like below him. Or part of a world that he hasn't engaged with and never will.

IN THE COMMENT: rehajm said:
So he's going to pretend he has a job where he has press conferences and updates people on the functioning of government even though he doesn't work for the government. Then he's going to do mystery science theater on Trump press conferences and also 'fact check' Trump and government agencies.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

SLOW JOE’S SLOW PITCH

Featured image

Never has the nickname “Slow Joe” Biden fit better than in today’s somnambulistic performance from his home in Delaware about what he thinks needs to be done about the coronavirus. Take in this 60 second excerpt from the middle of his remarks and ask yourself if this looks like a person who can make it to November

• Like (+1) 1

This is funny, actually as Joe gets schooled on how to cough.  However, he laughs it off and says he's alone in his house.  Now the talking head may not know it, but common sense suggests there are a minimum of 8 to 10 people immediately in and/or around Joe while he hacks up a lung into his hand, like they did when he was driving around in Greased Lightnin' listening to Alan Freed and looking for Corn Pop outside the soda shoppe.   Makeup people...segment producer...lighting people...boom operator...camera man...campaign members...and likely Jill Biden, just in case there was a need for a phDoctor to spell some of the hard words Joe might want to use. 

• Like (+1) 3

Cough, cough, hack, hack. Touches face, wipes nose, scratches eyes. “Why doesn’t he act like a President? He’s like a yo-yo. I don’t understand him” 

Well SLO-Mo Joe, you’re like a sick rusted slinky. Get yourself tested FGS. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Why doesn't Mrs. Joe, with her advanced degrees, have the chutzpah to just pull the pin on the whole charade?  Does she really want to be First Buffoon this badly?

Even Jill Biden can’t stop it now. It’s a real shame and the longer it goes, the worse it’s going to get. If Joe wins he’s going to be a true puppet figurehead. The question is who’s going to be pulling those strings? I’d love to hear the real insider info on that. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Biden: 'I think we've had enough debates'

Read more at thehill.com ...

Hey Joe...you can cancel the debate with Bernie, but you can't cancel the debates with Trump.

Do yourself a favor: give the sippy cup to momma, put on your jammies and call it a day before you spit up on someone you love.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault

</snip>

In April of last year, Tara Reade accused Joe Biden of inappropriate behavior when she worked at his Senate office in 1993. Now, she’s accusing the Democratic presidential nominee of sexual assault, according to a graphic interview with podcaster Katie Halper.

</snip>

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault

</snip>

In April of last year, Tara Reade accused Joe Biden of inappropriate behavior when she worked at his Senate office in 1993. Now, she’s accusing the Democratic presidential nominee of sexual assault, according to a graphic interview with podcaster Katie Halper.

</snip>

Believe all women, amirite?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, GG said:

Believe all women, amirite?

Normally I would say that this is over 25 years ago, she had her chance to come forward, and waited too long ... except he was a Senator at the time, and that made him a really, really powerful man.  I could see why someone would remain silent with these allegations.

Article from 2019  and  Time’s Up Said It Could Not Fund a #MeToo Allegation Against Joe Biden, Citing Its Nonprofit Status and His Presidential Run     refused to defend her because "he's running for president."

And, she was apparently Putin's Puppet. <_<

Last April, Tara Reade watched as a familiar conversation around her former boss, Joe Biden, and his relationship with personal space unfolded on the national stage. Nevada politician Lucy Flores alleged that Biden had inappropriately sniffed her hair and kissed the back of her head as she waited to go on stage at a rally in 2014. Biden, in a statement in response, said that “not once” in his career did he believe that he had acted inappropriately. But Flores’s allegation sounded accurate to Reade, she said, because Reade had experienced something very similar as a staffer in Biden’s Senate office years earlier.

After she saw an episode of the ABC show “The View,” in which most of the panelists stood up for Biden and attacked Flores as politically motivated, Reade decided that she had no choice but to come forward and support Flores. She gave an interview to a local reporter, describing several instances in which Biden had behaved similarly toward her, inappropriately touching her during her early-’90s tenure in his Senate office. In that first interview, she decided to tell a piece of the story, she said, that matched what had happened to Flores — plus, she had filed a contemporaneous complaint, and there were witnesses, so she considered the allegation bulletproof. The short article brought a wave of attention on her, along with accusations that she was doing the bidding of Russian President Vladimir Putin. So Reade went quiet.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Normally I would say that this is over 25 years ago, she had her chance to come forward, and waited too long ... except he was a Senator at the time, and that made him a really, really powerful man.  I could see why someone would remain silent with these allegations.

Article from 2019  and  Time’s Up Said It Could Not Fund a #MeToo Allegation Against Joe Biden, Citing Its Nonprofit Status and His Presidential Run     refused to defend her because "he's running for president."

And, she was apparently Putin's Puppet. <_<

Last April, Tara Reade watched as a familiar conversation around her former boss, Joe Biden, and his relationship with personal space unfolded on the national stage. Nevada politician Lucy Flores alleged that Biden had inappropriately sniffed her hair and kissed the back of her head as she waited to go on stage at a rally in 2014. Biden, in a statement in response, said that “not once” in his career did he believe that he had acted inappropriately. But Flores’s allegation sounded accurate to Reade, she said, because Reade had experienced something very similar as a staffer in Biden’s Senate office years earlier.

After she saw an episode of the ABC show “The View,” in which most of the panelists stood up for Biden and attacked Flores as politically motivated, Reade decided that she had no choice but to come forward and support Flores. She gave an interview to a local reporter, describing several instances in which Biden had behaved similarly toward her, inappropriately touching her during her early-’90s tenure in his Senate office. In that first interview, she decided to tell a piece of the story, she said, that matched what had happened to Flores — plus, she had filed a contemporaneous complaint, and there were witnesses, so she considered the allegation bulletproof. The short article brought a wave of attention on her, along with accusations that she was doing the bidding of Russian President Vladimir Putin. So Reade went quiet.

</snip>

I think you missed the joke :)