Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Makes me wonder if this would be a reason to pardon Flynn asap to get the indictment party started?

My personal problem with that is that a pardon assumes guilt. The evidence and even the prosecution agree he's innocent. It would be unfortunate to have to settle for that, but that's DEFINITELY what the judiciary and the opposition want Trump to do. 

But you're right that it would allow other things to start quickly, and I'm in favor of that. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

My personal problem with that is that a pardon assumes guilt. The evidence and even the prosecution agree he's innocent. It would be unfortunate to have to settle for that, but that's DEFINITELY what the judiciary and the opposition want Trump to do. 

But you're right that it would allow other things to start quickly, and I'm in favor of that. 

Agreed. And, how valuable is Flynn's talking if he is assumed guilty of something? Heck, we have the "but he plead guilty!" crowd here while they completely ignore the lies by the feds and withholding of evidence (I won't even go into his former attorneys being in on it).  I am sure the "msm" would dial it up.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Agreed. And, how valuable is Flynn's talking if he is assumed guilty of something? Heck, we have the "but he plead guilty!" crowd here while they completely ignore the lies by the feds and withholding of evidence (I won't even go into his former attorneys being in on it).  I am sure the "msm" would dial it up.

Yup. It's dirty pool all the way around. 

But it's also a window for people to see through the partisanship (if they're able) and see what an actual miscarriage of justice looks like in real time. One of the biggest motivators to the Trump base has been Flynn's mistreatment. I'm not sure how many more will come out to vote because of it, since most of those folks would crawl over broken glass to vote as is, but here's to hoping. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

My 11th grade (US History) Social Studies teacher did a good job. That was the year of the Watergate hearings. That spring she wrote a section odf the Constitution on the board  and would explain what it meant. When the hearings started, she told us to watch the news (no cable  or VCRs yet) and would explain what parts of the Constitution pertained to what  had happenedyjr day before.  We  understood very clearly what happened all summer.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup. It's dirty pool all the way around. 

But it's also a window for people to see through the partisanship (if they're able) and see what an actual miscarriage of justice looks like in real time. One of the biggest motivators to the Trump base has been Flynn's mistreatment. I'm not sure how many more will come out to vote because of it, since most of those folks would crawl over broken glass to vote as is, but here's to hoping. :beer: 

I just don’t think enough people care.  If FISA court abuses, circular reporting, collusion with MSM and the FBI crushing citizens doesn’t cause you to think “Wait, what if this happened to me?”, what do they care if Flynn got kneecapped?  

When I questioned another poster about the failure of the MSM (WaPo specifically) with respect to Russia/Herr Muëllër, and the spectacular failure of their vaunted anonymous sources, his reply was basically that they had a bad day and just missed it.  

I think Flynn to many is disposable, a throw away.  

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I keep thinking he cannot possibly appear to be older and more out of touch than the last time he appeared old and out of touch, but he one ups himself every time.  50 years in the public eye and he doesn’t understand delay?  No one prepped him for it?  And what’s with his sister Liz-Warren Biden translating to each party what the other says. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I just don’t think enough people care.  If FISA court abuses, circular reporting, collusion with MSM and the FBI crushing citizens doesn’t cause you to think “Wait, what if this happened to me?”, what do they care if Flynn got kneecapped?  

When I questioned another poster about the failure of the MSM (WaPo specifically) with respect to Russia/Herr Muëllër, and the spectacular failure of their vaunted anonymous sources, his reply was basically that they had a bad day and just missed it.  

I keep thinking he cannot possibly appear to be older and more out of touch than the last time he appeared old and out of touch, but he one ups himself every time.  50 years in the public eye and he doesn’t understand delay?  No one prepped him for it?  And what’s with his sister Liz-Warren Biden translating to each party what the other says. 

I think you are correct on this one. I believe it should have been dealt with swiftly. The evidence has been there all along, and if it got bloody and some of these people had to die, oh well. These are the worst people on the planet and what they have done to this country is a threat to the entire world. They can not be allowed to win and the longer it goes on the better their chances are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

...unfortunately, that is DEAD ON.....here's my SAD Cliff Notes Version assessment......look at the perennial voter turnout numbers, generally and abysmally low......why?....because the disenfranchised and disconnected see their ONE vote as meaningless...a/k/a "my one vote won't make a difference...it is what it is".....so why should I bother?....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...unfortunately, that is DEAD ON.....here's my SAD Cliff Notes Version assessment......look at the perennial voter turnout numbers, generally and abysmally low......why?....because the disenfranchised and disconnected see their ONE vote as meaningless...a/k/a "my one vote won't make a difference...it is what it is".....so why should I bother?....

The problem is this goes one step further than that. 

I can understand non-interested folks not really paying attention to politics and something like the Russia hoax. People are busy and you outlined one of the reasons people dont bother. 

I'm talking about people who care enough to be engaged but believe it's 100% appropriate to weaponize intelligence, f around with FISA, and oust a president they disagree with.  We've all engaged with these people before, and these were the same people lead around by the nose screaming "Worse than watergate!" when Obama started the scam and never understanding it was, they just had the wrong perspective.  

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The problem is this goes one step further than that. 

I can understand non-interested folks not really paying attention to politics and something like the Russia hoax. People are busy and you outlined one of the reasons people dont bother. 

I'm talking about people who care enough to be engaged but believe it's 100% appropriate to weaponize intelligence, f around with FISA, and oust a president they disagree with.  We've all engaged with these people before, and these were the same people lead around by the nose screaming "Worse than watergate!" when Obama started the scam and never understanding it was, they just had the wrong perspective.  

...certainly understand what you're saying.....and DOUBT but HOPE that those that do not care are the minority versus those that DO care......the "DO care" gang has differing levels of caring as expected.....a/k/a minimal (once is awhile checking in) versus versus maximum (daily checking in).......the "don't care" gang is reticent with "whatever THEY decide is what I have to deal with".., not seeing how they could affect the outcome.....try this one on for size.....I have a cousin who is a Trump supporter and says so on FB.....another cousin and his wife are staunch way left Dems ( I avoid their ilk like the plague; they're argumentative, obnoxious to the point where your differing opinion is met by, "let ME explain this for YOU")....his wife attacked the cousin supporting Trump as a "lunatic and you're probably a terrible father to raise children in such a RADICAL household".....her and her husband unfriended him on FB...I CANNOT MAKE THIS CRAP UP....SMH.......

• Like (+1) 1