Everything Joe Biden--Gaffes, Miscues, Touching, Songs

From Prof. Ann Althouse

Let's talk about Joe Biden's new "Why are you so obsessed with me, Mr. President?" ad.

Some random thoughts:

1. Who is that music supposed to be for? Does it cheer some people up? Make them feel "pumped"? To me, it's so aggressive that I could barely pay attention to the voiceover, and it just seems ludicrously bad, like somebody without musical talent was trying to recreate the MTV theme from the 80s

2. With my mental space occupied 85% by how irritating the music was, what can I remember without rewatching? It seemed to be a bunch of clips of Trump saying "Biden" and an assertion that Trump is "obsessed" with Biden and that this obsession exists because Biden is the one candidate that Trump believes will be able to beat him. But I'm sure a montage of Trump saying "Sanders" or "Warren" or "Boot-edge-edge" could be assembled. The saying of the name doesn't prove the obsession.

3. Trump is so tricky that if he were sending out the signal that Biden is the one opponent he fears, I would suspect that he doesn't fear him.

4. There were various words on screen and statements by the voiceover telling us Joe Biden is experienced and ready to go on Day One. Basically, he's qualified and he can win. Lukewarm material. Maybe that explains the addition of the distracting, annoying music.

5. We're shown poll numbers indicating Biden would beat Trump in some key states, including Wisconsin. But I remember the most recent Marquette poll showing only one candidate beating Trump in Wisconsin. That person was Cory Booker.

6. I'll rewatch the ad after I put up the post and update with any new impressions.

ADDED: I rewatched. It was very unpleasant. We see lots of pictures of Trump and hear his voice yelling "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden." I think Democrats imagine that there's a successful political move known as "getting under Trump's skin." They've been trying to do that and claiming to have done that for the entire Trump presidency. I think they are deluding themselves. Trump gets energy from opposition. Nothing wears him down. He's not losing it, and the idea that Biden as his opponent would drive him into some sort of self-destructive frenzy is at best silly.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

From Prof. Ann Althouse

Let's talk about Joe Biden's new "Why are you so obsessed with me, Mr. President?" ad.

Some random thoughts:

1. Who is that music supposed to be for? Does it cheer some people up? Make them feel "pumped"? To me, it's so aggressive that I could barely pay attention to the voiceover, and it just seems ludicrously bad, like somebody without musical talent was trying to recreate the MTV theme from the 80s

2. With my mental space occupied 85% by how irritating the music was, what can I remember without rewatching? It seemed to be a bunch of clips of Trump saying "Biden" and an assertion that Trump is "obsessed" with Biden and that this obsession exists because Biden is the one candidate that Trump believes will be able to beat him. But I'm sure a montage of Trump saying "Sanders" or "Warren" or "Boot-edge-edge" could be assembled. The saying of the name doesn't prove the obsession.

3. Trump is so tricky that if he were sending out the signal that Biden is the one opponent he fears, I would suspect that he doesn't fear him.

4. There were various words on screen and statements by the voiceover telling us Joe Biden is experienced and ready to go on Day One. Basically, he's qualified and he can win. Lukewarm material. Maybe that explains the addition of the distracting, annoying music.

5. We're shown poll numbers indicating Biden would beat Trump in some key states, including Wisconsin. But I remember the most recent Marquette poll showing only one candidate beating Trump in Wisconsin. That person was Cory Booker.

6. I'll rewatch the ad after I put up the post and update with any new impressions.

ADDED: I rewatched. It was very unpleasant. We see lots of pictures of Trump and hear his voice yelling "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden," "Biden." I think Democrats imagine that there's a successful political move known as "getting under Trump's skin." They've been trying to do that and claiming to have done that for the entire Trump presidency. I think they are deluding themselves. Trump gets energy from opposition. Nothing wears him down. He's not losing it, and the idea that Biden as his opponent would drive him into some sort of self-destructive frenzy is at best silly.

Not to mention, clearly demorats will always accuse others of what they are guilty of.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

From Prof. Ann Althouse

Some random thoughts:

Biden, laying claim to the very successful ACA debut. He's nuts. 

• Like (+1) 1

Biden's team seized on a New York Times report Monday, which said Russian hackers attempted to hack into Burisma, the Ukrainian natural gas firm that employed Biden's son Hunter and is at the center of President Trump's impeachment, to claim it is not just Trump who is intimidated by the former vice president.

“Donald Trump tried to coerce Ukraine into lying about Joe Biden and a major bipartisan, international anti-corruption victory because he recognized that he can’t beat the vice president,” said Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates.

“Now we know that Vladimir Putin also sees Joe Biden as a threat,” Bates said. “Any American president who had not repeatedly encouraged foreign interventions of this kind would immediately condemn this attack on the sovereignty of our elections.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-camp-russia-hacking-burisma-shows-putin-views-former-vice-president-as-a-threat

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They think we're stupid. 

And some people are (on this very board). But most won't fall for this twice.

i can't wait for them to try the, 'but those are fake emails planted' tack  (of which i have seen whispers of already). because that tack will not fly.

• Like (+1) 3

Joe Biden's streak of being wrong on foreign policy continues, uninterrupted

Editorial

Original Article

In Tuesday night's Democratic debate, Joe Biden claimed a vast array of foreign policy accomplishments in an attempt to make the case that his foreign policy experience made him the best prepared candidate to be commander in chief. But all he did was remind viewers that he has an extensive history of getting it wrong.

Don't just take it from us. In his 2014 memoir, Duty, former Defense Secretary Robert Gates famously shared his view that Joe Biden, then the vice president and previously chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, had been wrong about “nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I saw that in the debate last night. If he couldn't afford childcare what did the kids do during the day? A baby sitter probably made $2 an hour then if he/she were lucky. Hunter was probably put down in front of the tv and watched reruns of Sgt Bilko, just to get some ideas.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I saw that in the debate last night. If he couldn't afford childcare what did the kids do during the day? A baby sitter probably made $2 an hour then if he/she were lucky. Hunter was probably put down in front of the tv and watched reruns of Sgt Bilko, just to get some ideas.

C'mon 3rd,

Let's leave the great Phil Silvers out of this................image.png.845db41050c2e8de11afd67ea59a7f2a.png

?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/15/2020 at 10:49 AM, Foxx said:

Seriously Foxxy, come clean and tell me you made this and it’s a deep fake.  

On 1/15/2020 at 4:20 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Let’s even agree Joe paid her the $2 for the babysitting and an extra $1 an hour to violate her personal space and smell her hair for an hour.  All very doable on $40k+ at that time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1