Buffalo Bills will win AFC East in 2020; contend for Wild Card this season, says Pete Prisco

5 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

I know right? TB12 has only been to every SB since he's been in his 40's! What a bum!

Brady at 41 would have brought a SB to Buffalo.

Correction:  Brady/Belichick would've brought a SB to Buffalo within three years.  I don't see one winning without the other.

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Those who don't like all the positivity should listen to the around the NFL podcast's QB ranking. One of those schmucks had Allen at like 27 and Rosen at like 15. 

Yeah I enjoy that podcast but their takes on Allen compared to darnold are tough to listen to.

People know the end is coming for NE. Prisco is searching for the next teams bandwagon to jump on.

NE fans and Boston fans have always been ‘look at us’ fans. When their teams don’t win they grab attention for jinxed and cursed when their teams do win they rub it in. When Boston and NE goes back to having not winning we will hear about it. Fact is they just aren’t content. 

6 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

16 years of playoffs...

3rd highest completion%

3rd most passing yards

Only sacked once

Bandwagon "fans" point to the SB and disregard the points put up against the Chargers and Chiefs...

The "Ghost of Tom Brady" still won the SB. If only the Bills had the "Ghost of Tom Brady" in those disappointing SBs...

We would have lost because we didnt have Belicheat, that amazing game plan and all those other players.

6 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

I'm not going to lie or stroke egos. I respond to posts. I correct lies and misconceptions. I don't troll. I have very few posts, but several "plus."  My "role" is to tell the truth as I see it. Sure, this is a Bills' forum... I get it. But I would think your members would like some info backed up with facts. Call me crazy...

Oh a Patriots fan?  That means you dont know anything about football.  Explains a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Pete is a known Bills hater. Surprising....

Ya but maybe it was just his honest perception n not hate. He seems to fully understand that we have a great gm and hc in place and what they have built from the ground up is pretty special

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Hoyer is the 2nd best QB in the AFCE

The Bills can't be that bad.

I thought our fans were homers.  Im gonna bath in your tears for the next 10 -15 years.

My hunch is Tom Brady is probably the second or 3rd best QB in the AFCE this season.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

Brady's two game combined passer rating against us last year was 72.74, so he didn't dismantle us.

I think he is about to become average, but with their run game and D, they are still the 2019 team to beat.

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Buffalo Bills will win AFC East in 2020; contend for Wild Card this season, says Pete Prisco

Honestly? I think it is a reasonable take. I've had the same thought. I can see where this is going without any unexpected injuries, and contending for a playoff spot this year, winning the division in 2020 would be about right. 

This is the correct answer IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:
MIAMI, FL - DECEMBER 02: Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills leads the team on to the field prior to the game between the Miami Dolphins and the Buffalo Bills at Hard Rock Stadium on December 2, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)

Getty Images

MIAMI, FL - DECEMBER 02: Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills leads the team on to the field prior to the game between the Miami Dolphins and the Buffalo Bills at Hard Rock Stadium on December 2, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Maybe next year has been a phrase uttered by Buffalo Bills fans for years.

For many years, it referred to the Bills simply making a return to the playoffs. Sean McDermott was able to end the Bills’ playoff drought in his first season as head coach so now the phrase could be used to talk about Buffalo ending New England’s reign atop the AFC East.

The Patriots have won the division for 10 straight years and 15 of the last 16 seasons. Could their historical run be coming to an end in the near future? CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco believes that is the case.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-will-win-afc-east-in-2020-contend-for-wild-card-this-season-says-pete-prisco.html

It is funny how old man Prisco has turned in the directions of the Bills.  For years he criticized the team and always ripped their draft classes.  He loves Josh Allen and once the Bills made the pick, he suddenly was high on the team

47 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

It is funny how old man Prisco has turned in the directions of the Bills.  For years he criticized the team and always ripped their draft classes.  He loves Josh Allen and once the Bills made the pick, he suddenly was high on the team

Just maybe he finally see's us building a team that can compete for awhile. Things done the right way. Its a new concept we are gonna try out for little bit

• Like (+1) 1

I really don't care what Prisco says (he's not any smarter than we are) but anyone watching how Beane has been managing the cap would conclude:

*  2018 was a Cleanse-the-Cap year.

*  2019 is Rebuild Year 1

*  2020 is Rebuild Year 2

Beane set himself up to have lots of picks and money this year, and lots of cap money again next year.  It looks like he's betting big on 2020.  

The open question is how wisely he spends his draft and cap capital.   So far, I like what I'm seeing but it's all speculation at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

I never liked the way Prisco criticized our team, but unfortunately, he was usually right about our team being uncompetitive. (He didn’t say it as nicely as that) Like most of us here, he sees capable GM building a winning roster with a franchise QB and a capable coach. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I thought our fans were homers.  Im gonna bath in your tears for the next 10 -15 years.

My hunch is Tom Brady is probably the second or 3rd best QB in the AFCE this season.

Very possible. 

Forget the wr and te upgrades , that OL alone is going to allow Allen to show off his talent and make a big jump this year,

he was a rookie standing behind a ragtag ol , running for his life every other play.. He'll be so much more comfortable with this group

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

We need to get used to it...lots of media folks who've been crapping on the Bills will change their tune in the next couple of years....

...good call IM...."steady as she goes Admiral Nelson".......and I think McBeane, McDermott, McDaboll & company have us on the right track, FAR MORE SO than 17 years of "F Troop"....at the same time, heed Greenspan "irrational exuberance" speak.....STILL stinging rebuke for me is Moo's 2004 club needing to beat the 3rd string Steelers....."win and we're in" ending the schneid......you know the rest.............

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, Success said:

You guys are in for a surprise. 

Not sure if you’ve paid attention to sports history - but both players and coaches often stay in the game past their expiration date.

I would much rather win the East with the Pats intact. That would make it extra sweet.

TB is older than dirt. When it falls apart for him it will be ugly/ beautiful to watch...... Come on Father Time!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

I correct lies and misconceptions. I don't troll. My "role" is to tell the truth as I see it.

14 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Hoyer is the 2nd best QB in the AFCE

giphy.webp

• Like (+1) 1