Buffalo Bills will win AFC East in 2020; contend for Wild Card this season, says Pete Prisco

13 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

I'm not going to lie or stroke egos. I respond to posts. I correct lies and misconceptions. I don't troll. I have very few posts, but several "plus."  My "role" is to tell the truth as I see it. Sure, this is a Bills' forum... I get it. But I would think your members would like some info backed up with facts. Call me crazy...

ok. bat ***** crazy then.

No Bills fans want to hear from Cheats fans. Sorry to bust your bubble.

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I would much rather win the East with the Pats intact. That would make it extra sweet.

TB is older than dirt. When it falls apart for him it will be ugly/ beautiful to watch...... Come on Father Time!!!!!

...I'd take a solid 2nd in the AFCE and a clear cut wildcard as the first step....just my opinion, but that would be a helluva accomplishment with the multitude of changes in personnel as well as coaches heading into 2019.....I do worry about three particular posters here who would be crushed if this happened.....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'd take a solid 2nd in the AFCE and a clear cut wildcard as the first step....just my opinion, but that would be a helluva accomplishment with the multitude of changes in personnel as well as coaches heading into 2019.....

My expectation is a Wild Card this year but it can be surpassed....... I was there in ‘88

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

My expectation is a Wild Card this year but it can be surpassed....... I was there in ‘88

...and I agree....just trying to set a reasonable bar with all of the changes, which of course are untested "on paper".....sure as hell beats seventeen years of ..."this is THE year...we're goin'....playoffs baby...the schneid is over....13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6, "etc only to be jilted at the altar EVERY year......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm not writing off the Cheatriots just yet but when the wheels come off an old QB, bad things happen quickly.  They have been the masters of creating mismatches with opposing defenses.  Gronk was a big part of that.  I expect them to use a strong run game to keep teams in their base defense to create their mismatches that way.  Brady doesn't seem to have the big play ability that he used to have but he is still very accurate in the short to medium range passing game.

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I really don't care what Prisco says (he's not any smarter than we are) but anyone watching how Beane has been managing the cap would conclude:

*  2018 was a Cleanse-the-Cap year.

*  2019 is Rebuild Year 1

*  2020 is Rebuild Year 2

Beane set himself up to have lots of picks and money this year, and lots of cap money again next year.  It looks like he's betting big on 2020.  

The open question is how wisely he spends his draft and cap capital.   So far, I like what I'm seeing but it's all speculation at this point.  

....better put on your kevlar vest with this "voice of reason" stuff............I hear footsteps......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I'm not writing off the Cheatriots just yet but when the wheels come off an old QB, bad things happen quickly.  They have been the masters of creating mismatches with opposing defenses.  Gronk was a big part of that.  I expect them to use a strong run game to keep teams in their base defense to create their mismatches that way.  Brady doesn't seem to have the big play ability that he used to have but he is still very accurate in the short to medium range passing game.

One good shot by an over- exuberant rookie named Oliver could do wonders for Brady’s inability to stay comfortable ?

• Like (+1) 2

To the people saying that Pete Prisco has always been a Bills hater: I don't see it that way.

He HAS openly criticized the Bills a lot over the past 20 years, but they've almost always deserved it! Think of the amount of bad GMs, coaches, draft picks, and players that came through Orchard Park the past couple decades. Prisco was mostly RIGHT to criticize that stuff. It tells me that he actually probably knows what he's looking at a little bit!

The fact that the Beane/McDermott regime and their decisions since taking over represent the first time Prisco has spoken highly of the Bills in years means he's just seeing what WE'RE all seeing as fans: The team is finally in the hands of competent people and is making smart decisions.

Prisco a hater? Hardly. He just has working eyeballs.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This feels like 86-87 to me, which bodes well if the Bills stay the course.

With Prisco even seeing it I think the Devil just bought a snow blower.

36 minutes ago, Logic said:

To the people saying that Pete Prisco has always been a Bills hater: I don't see it that way.

He HAS openly criticized the Bills a lot over the past 20 years, but they've almost always deserved it! Think of the amount of bad GMs, coaches, draft picks, and players that came through Orchard Park the past couple decades. Prisco was mostly RIGHT to criticize that stuff. It tells me that he actually probably knows what he's looking at a little bit!

The fact that the Beane/McDermott regime and their decisions since taking over represent the first time Prisco has spoken highly of the Bills in years means he's just seeing what WE'RE all seeing as fans: The team is finally in the hands of competent people and is making smart decisions.

..exactly bud...let's be realistic about seventeen+ years of "F Troop" running the show.....Sgt O'Rourke  and the "woeful gang of misfits" gave new meaning to "bubble gum and band aids".....Jesus, a painful chapter in OBD lore....but I certainly feel confident that McBeane, McDermott and company FINALLY have us on the right track....stay tuned.....

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

What a great year 1988; and the team was still rebuilding adding key players!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

This feels like 86-87 to me, which bodes well if the Bills stay the course.

With Prisco even seeing it I think the Devil just bought a snow blower.

Teams seem capable of turning things around quicker in the modern era. 

JA has that IT factor and did so much last year alone. He has better talent all around him and the D should hold serve.

Last season was ‘86 and ‘87 was a strike year so ‘ 88 it is?

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Teams seem capable of turning things around quicker in the modern era. 

JA has that IT factor and did so much last year alone. He has better talent all around him and the D should hold serve.

Last season was ‘86 and ‘87 was a strike year so ‘ 88 it is?

True, but keep in mind other teams are improving too, and can improve quickly.

Cleveland added some top talent, the Jets added some top talent.

Buffalo has good stability at the top and with the coaching staff, that is an edge that has to be made good on.

I'd love a 1988 style run, I think it's a year off yet.

But you have a valid opinion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Logic said:

Prisco has been around a lot longer than you are referencing.     He used to throw a lot of shade on the 1990's Bills.    That era was the peak of his relevance and he had a soft spot for pretty much anybody that was playing the Bills.  He was a big fish in a small pond then.   He's cold product now, that's for sure. 

Edited by BADOLBILZ