Buffalo Bills will win AFC East in 2020; contend for Wild Card this season, says Pete Prisco

MIAMI, FL - DECEMBER 02: Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills leads the team on to the field prior to the game between the Miami Dolphins and the Buffalo Bills at Hard Rock Stadium on December 2, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)

Getty Images

MIAMI, FL - DECEMBER 02: Josh Allen #17 of the Buffalo Bills leads the team on to the field prior to the game between the Miami Dolphins and the Buffalo Bills at Hard Rock Stadium on December 2, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Maybe next year has been a phrase uttered by Buffalo Bills fans for years.

For many years, it referred to the Bills simply making a return to the playoffs. Sean McDermott was able to end the Bills’ playoff drought in his first season as head coach so now the phrase could be used to talk about Buffalo ending New England’s reign atop the AFC East.

The Patriots have won the division for 10 straight years and 15 of the last 16 seasons. Could their historical run be coming to an end in the near future? CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco believes that is the case.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-will-win-afc-east-in-2020-contend-for-wild-card-this-season-says-pete-prisco.html

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ok, this crap is scaring the hell outta me! I’m as uncomfortable as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. 

Where’s Jerry Sullivan when you need him? How ‘bout a good Botterill tale?

I need a Scott Law cocktail -or two!??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 18
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ok, this crap is scaring the hell outta me! I’m as uncomfortable as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. 

hehe ?

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Those who don't like all the positivity should listen to the around the NFL podcast's QB ranking. One of those schmucks had Allen at like 27 and Rosen at like 15. 

Whew! ‘Preciatecha! I was starting to hyperventilate there..

• Like (+1) 1

No one can disagree that overall we’re a much better team this year compared to last , 

will soon find out how good , IMO anything less that 10 wins & a wildcard would be huge disappointment ( assuming we stay healthy) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Getty Images

By Ryan Talbot | rtalbot@nyup.com

Maybe next year has been a phrase uttered by Buffalo Bills fans for years.

For many years, it referred to the Bills simply making a return to the playoffs. Sean McDermott was able to end the Bills’ playoff drought in his first season as head coach so now the phrase could be used to talk about Buffalo ending New England’s reign atop the AFC East.

The Patriots have won the division for 10 straight years and 15 of the last 16 seasons. Could their historical run be coming to an end in the near future? CBS Sports’ Pete Prisco believes that is the case.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/05/buffalo-bills-will-win-afc-east-in-2020-contend-for-wild-card-this-season-says-pete-prisco.html

Not until both Brady and BB retire.

21 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Not until both Brady and BB retire.

You guys are in for a surprise. 

Not sure if you’ve paid attention to sports history - but both players and coaches often stay in the game past their expiration date.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Success said:

You guys are in for a surprise. 

Not sure if you’ve paid attention to sports history - but both players and coaches often stay in the game past their expiration date.

Yeah, TB12 and BB are fading fast! Only 3 wins out of the last 5 SBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

A hemlock cocktail as cure is worse than the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Yeah, TB12 and BB are fading fast! Only 3 wins out of the last 5 SBs. 

Clear swan song last year.

Hilarious that you guys don’t understand what it means when an athlete enters his mid forties.  I’ll enjoy watching your denial as things go south, fast.

Buffalo Bills will win AFC East in 2020; contend for Wild Card this season, says Pete Prisco

Honestly? I think it is a reasonable take. I've had the same thought. I can see where this is going without any unexpected injuries, and contending for a playoff spot this year, winning the division in 2020 would be about right. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Honestly? I think it is a reasonable take. I've had the same thought. I can see where this is going without any unexpected injuries, and contending for a playoff sort this year, winning the division in 2020 would be about right. 

Et tu, Ms. Brute? 

(So do I..Shhhhhhh!?)

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

Clear swan song last year.

Hilarious that you guys don’t understand what it means when an athlete enters his mid forties.  I’ll enjoy watching your denial as things go south, fast.

I know right? TB12 has only been to every SB since he's been in his 40's! What a bum!

Brady at 41 would have brought a SB to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ricko1112 said:

I know right? TB12 has only been to every SB since he's been in his 40's! What a bum!

Brady at 41 would have brought a SB to Buffalo.

Brady’s D carried him.  He wasn’t scary last year, and it will get worse.

Josh Allen in his 20’s WILL bring the Bills a SB.  Maybe you’ll finally get a chance to watch him play when he’s in the show.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1