Bills secondary left out of top-tier mention

37 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t get all butthurt about Internet polls but think that the Bills secondary is elite. It’s one of the best in football. 

I agree, it’s a great group of DB’s. I think they were made to look a little better statistically because we were so easy to run on at times. I don’t think there is a worse feeling in football than having a team run the ball down your throat, and not being able to do anything about it. It wasn’t all the time, but.......there certainly were times. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

I agree, it’s a great group of DB’s. I think they were made to look a little better statistically because we were so easy to run on at times. I don’t think there is a worse feeling in football than having a team run the ball down your throat, and not being able to do anything about it. It wasn’t all the time, but.......there certainly were times. 

I'm not sure where this narrative that the Bills were so easy to run on started.  As I stated earlier, they allowed 4.2 YPC, which was 9th best in the NFL.  And there were only 3 teams who ran all over the Bills: the Colts, the Jags and the Cheaters in the 2nd game.  Considering the passers the passers the Cheaters and Colts (but not Jags) have...

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not sure where this narrative that the Bills were so easy to run on started.  As I stated earlier, they allowed 4.2 YPC, which was 9th best in the NFL.  And there were only 3 teams who ran all over the Bills: the Colts, the Jags and the Cheaters in the 2nd game.  Considering the passers the passers the Cheaters and Colts (but not Jags) have...

There was the Patriots game and another late season I believe. We would have been MUCH better statistically without them, but the average still stands, I agree. BUT, if you are getting seriously whomped I have to wonder why that’s happening. I don’t recall if it was injuries, or if we got out-schemed, but we were abused. They didn’t have to throw. Hand off and march down the field. I wonder how many balls they even threw that day, and that game did not stand alone. 

It might be easy to look up the stats and put my memory to shame here, and that’s fine. Wouldn’t be the first time!  ? 

Of course, that was the Patriot way late in the season, which may be a good sign. Let Brady deteriorate a bit more each year, and as the season goes on. Then the run becomes easier to stop if youre not afraid of getting picked to death. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t get all butthurt about Internet polls but think that the Bills secondary is elite. It’s one of the best in football. 

Exactly how this article should be approached. 2019 hasn't been played yet. I think they are great but I'm not upset about someone's opinion. 

Let them play it out on the field.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:24 PM, HOUSE said:

By: Justin DiLoro | 5 hours ago

Usually, teams who have the best secondaries often limit the number of passing yards allowed.

Apparently, Fox Sports didn’t get that memo.

The outlet sent out a Twitter poll asking “Which NFL team has the best secondary?” The poll, which featured the options of the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Chicago Bears, and Cleveland Browns, curiously left off the team who allowed the fewest passing yards in the league last season.

The Buffalo Bills.

The Bills led the league by allowing only 179.8 passing yards per game, a 15-yard cushion over the second-place Jacksonville Jaguars.

Bills safety Micah Hyde noticed this omission.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/17/buffalo-bills-secondary-left-out-mention-micah-hyde/

They are going to find out (again)

On 5/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, todd said:

I'm fine with this. The media these days is horrible. It's a "hot take" media, which requires only an opinion that doesn't need to be based on fact. The Bills don't generate clicks right now, so they will never be an option.

This fact really hit home recently. Peter King (think what you want) used to be a guy who would cover the NFL and all the teams in it, no matter what. Recently, he never mentions or considers Buffalo. So I wrote him a note. It ended up being one of the letters he answered on his Monday Morning bull#### columns. He basically said, "the Bills haven't won a playoff game in forever, so screw them, I'm only covering the teams that make me feel good about eating Hot Pockets. The "Hot Take" media.

In the media, there clearly are six "core" teams that are talked about all the time...Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers.

Then there are the teams that they have to talk about a lot because they're championship contenders...Rams, Saints, Chiefs (Ravens and Packers used to be on this list).

I think fans have become programmed to get a kick out of being outraged or disrespected. It's probably why those "hot take" debate programs are so popular, both sports related and political. I don't pay attention to media much anymore because they're just trying to distract people from real life.

The Bills will get noticed when it's clear they're on the way back to becoming a contender for the Super Bowl.

6 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

In the media, there clearly are six "core" teams that are talked about all the time...Patriots, Cowboys, Giants, Jets, Eagles, Steelers.

Then there are the teams that they have to talk about a lot because they're championship contenders...Rams, Saints, Chiefs (Ravens and Packers used to be on this list).

I think fans have become programmed to get a kick out of being outraged or disrespected. It's probably why those "hot take" debate programs are so popular, both sports related and political. I don't pay attention to media much anymore because they're just trying to distract people from real life.

The Bills will get noticed when it's clear they're on the way back to becoming a contender for the Super Bowl.

Great post. I would say we're in the same boat as the Chiefs/Lions/Browns. They'll only pay attention if we're winning and even then, not so much unless the QB is a standout. Generally go hand in hand, but there's a distinction.

The media will be forced to talk about the Bills if Allen is a star. Just the way it is.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:24 PM, HOUSE said:

By: Justin DiLoro | 5 hours ago

Usually, teams who have the best secondaries often limit the number of passing yards allowed.

Apparently, Fox Sports didn’t get that memo.

The outlet sent out a Twitter poll asking “Which NFL team has the best secondary?” The poll, which featured the options of the Baltimore Ravens, Los Angeles Chargers, Chicago Bears, and Cleveland Browns, curiously left off the team who allowed the fewest passing yards in the league last season.

The Buffalo Bills.

The Bills led the league by allowing only 179.8 passing yards per game, a 15-yard cushion over the second-place Jacksonville Jaguars.

Bills safety Micah Hyde noticed this omission.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/17/buffalo-bills-secondary-left-out-mention-micah-hyde/

That's just more fuel for the fire this year to take a step up from last years ranking & also is just part of being the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL which all the national media believes us to be .

Which i for one am glad because when our team is looked at as a contender they always seem to fall short but when given the part of the underdog they go above & beyond the call to prove those in the media wrong !!

GO BILLS !!!