Question about your breakfast eggs

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Maybe Gugny will remember this well..when we were stationed in SoCal. Spam (pork parts/potted meat))fried in eggs and rice with fish oil base.

It sounds gross but was pretty darn good.

Tough to find on the east coast...

you always fry SPAM. 

bit of mustard on it... mmmmmmm

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

We have to refrigerate eggs. In Europe they don’t. 

https://amp.businessinsider.com/why-europeans-dont-refrigerate-their-eggs-2018-4

How many eggs do you eat ? 

I most time have 3 eggs. Omelette or fried 

love hard boiled eggs 

love egg Benedict with hash. 

I eat eggs 4-6 times a week. 

you don't need to refrigerate brown eggs.

Edited by Foxx

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

12 minutes rolling boil??  How do you eat them?  With a chisel?  

Cold water bring to a boil and take off the heat immediately.  Cover and let sit 10 minutes and chill under cold water. Perfect every time.  I actually have no problem with cooking them less.  I like soft slightly runny yolks in my hard boiled eggs.  

Isn't that a soft boiled egg? 

Poached  I do that.  Simmer in sauce pan, inch of water w/vinegar, put/slide the eggs (already cracked & in cups) in , cover, take heat off. 7 minutes.

I like eggs anyway possible.

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Isn't that a soft boiled egg? 

Poached  I do that.  Simmer in sauce pan, inch of water w/vinegar, put/slide the eggs (already cracked & in cups) in , cover, take heat off. 7 minutes.

I like eggs anyway possible.

The first process is hard boiled.  I like them hard boiled but will eat them soft boiled.  But if you're cooking them at a rolling boil for 12 minutes you've got cement boiled.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm a white egg guy. My parents raise chickens and the yolks are definitely stronger in the brown eggs. Another thing I've learned is that you cant make hard boiled eggs from fresh chicken eggs because you can't peel the shell properly.

If you are trying to hard boil fresh eggs, some baking soda in the water could help (not a ton, a ½ teaspoon to a teaspoon per gallon).  Some people swear salt works but that has not been my experience. ?‍♀️

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

If you are trying to hard boil fresh eggs, some baking soda in the water could help (not a ton, a ½ teaspoon to a teaspoon per gallon).  Some people swear salt works but that has not been my experience. ?‍♀️

Will have to try that. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Thank you.  I'll pass this information on.

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

omelettes? they are essentially scrambled eggs.

Well DUH, of course I eat omlettes. They're scrambled! Omlettes aren't a type of egg preparation. Scramble the eggs, then prepare the scramble anyway you'd like.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Nope.  I was shocked too.  I just read an article of things that you don't (NECESSARILY) need to refrigerate.  Eggs, were one of them.  Hard to believe, carton says to refrigerate.

https://www.editorchoice.com/foods-never-refridgerate/?utm_source=zemanta&cid=549659&_z1_adgid=549659&_z1_msid=b1_outbrainrtb&_z1_pub=abcnews.go.com&_z1_caid=8100070&_z1_adgid=549659&_z1_caid=8100070&_z1_msid=b1_outbrainrtb&_z1_pub=abcnews.go.com&_z1_tg=lamplighter

EGGS:

"This debate is as old as the fridge itself – where do you store your eggs? We’ve known people on either side of the debate who are both adamant that eggs should be absolutely and undeniably in/out the fridge. Which is it?"

If you don't was the protective coating off, no need to refrigerate.  In the US the law requires the eggs to be washed and thus the difference in storage.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

The first process is hard boiled.  I like them hard boiled but will eat them soft boiled.  But if you're cooking them at a rolling boil for 12 minutes you've got cement boiled.  

I like cement boiled. Eggs don't matter to me.  The yolk gray and flakey. ?

6 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

If you don't was the protective coating off, no need to refrigerate.  In the US the law requires the eggs to be washed and thus the difference in storage.

Thanks... I didn't know that was the law.  Great thread!

15 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

SCRAMBLED ONLY. 

I'd rather drink a hot Corona from 1997 than eat eggs in any other fashion.

Maybe you need your eggs poached in hot, aged Corona for the best of both worlds! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

OPINION: Fried eggs are gross. I can't stand them at all. 

DISCLAIMER: I have had a fried egg on a burger once. At Roast, in Detroit. Basically they take all the steak trimmings, and make burgers out of those. They offer a fried egg on top. It was really, really amazing. But a fried egg on its own? Hard, HARD pass.

Communist.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 5/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm a white egg guy. My parents raise chickens and the yolks are definitely stronger in the brown eggs. Another thing I've learned is that you cant make hard boiled eggs from fresh chicken eggs because you can't peel the shell properly.

I had heard it was due to freshness, but I guess just assumed fresher was better. Interesting! 

Edited by Augie

On 5/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, Uncle Joe said:

Where's Spags when you need him.

Taylor ham and eggs.

Just say no to spam. Unless you're Hawaiian -then you get a pass braddah,

I suspect many will not know what Taylor ham is as it is a Jersry thing.