Question about your breakfast eggs

59 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I go store-brand white shells. I only eat scrambled. Only. 

only? man you don't know what you are missing. fry some up over easy, douse 'em with a liberal helping of hot sauce. mash the hell out if them, and eat 'em up. soak your toast in the left over sauce, delicious. eggs Benedict, hollandaise sauce and eggs go very well together. fried egg on a burger, you have try at least once.  many others, these are just the ones at the forefront of the cobwebs in the attic here.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This lady at work raises her own egg laying chickens and sells dozens at the office.  I think she sells them for $5 a dozen (free range, organic, blah blah).  People just gobble them up.  I can’t get past the unusual shape and color of her eggs.  Some are brown, some are speckled, some are whitish tan color.  And there are some that are spherical like ping pong balls, and others that are oblong and weird shaped.  Stuff creeps me out.  No thanks.

Well, we know where the problem is.

?May I recommend systemic desensitization.  If you come to a tailgate, I will bring egg salad, made with Weber's mustard.  You love Weber's mustard, right?  What could be so bad? ?

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Well, we know where the problem is.

?May I recommend systemic desensitization.  If you come to a tailgate, I will bring egg salad, made with Weber's mustard.  You love Weber's mustard, right?  What could be so bad? ?

egg salad and then a public afternoon?  yeeeeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

My wife raises chickens. The shell color has no effect on flavor or nutrition. Certain breeds lay brown eggs, others lay white eggs, and some lay eggs that are blue/green.

Flavor and nutrition can be affected by the hen's diet. Eggs that come from hens who only get commercial feed (like the ones that produce cheap store-bought eggs) tend to have lighter yolks with less flavor and nutrition. Hens that can free-range and forage for a more balanced diet produce eggs with deeper-yellow yolks that have more flavor and nutrients.

Right, your wife raises chickens.  

Is this some some kind of.......yolk?

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

@ExiledInIllinois is a full blown sociopath.  Just smile and nod if you ever meet him, and please don’t mention the bits of egg salad in his beard.  He will eat your face off.

well heeded advice, thank you so very kindly, Sir...

:D

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

only? man you don't know what you are missing. fry some up over easy, douse 'em with a liberal helping of hot sauce. mash the hell out if them, and eat 'em up. soak your toast in the left over sauce, delicious. eggs Benedict, hollandaise sauce and eggs go very well together. fried egg on a burger, you have try at least once.  many others, these are just the ones at the forefront of the cobwebs in the attic here.

OPINION: Fried eggs are gross. I can't stand them at all. 

DISCLAIMER: I have had a fried egg on a burger once. At Roast, in Detroit. Basically they take all the steak trimmings, and make burgers out of those. They offer a fried egg on top. It was really, really amazing. But a fried egg on its own? Hard, HARD pass.

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

OPINION: Fried eggs are gross. I can't stand them at all. 

DISCLAIMER: I have had a fried egg on a burger once. At Roast, in Detroit. Basically they take all the steak trimmings, and make burgers out of those. They offer a fried egg on top. It was really, really amazing. But a fried egg on its own? Hard, HARD pass.

poached on toast?

10 minutes ago, row_33 said:

egg salad and then a public afternoon?  yeeeeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

It's outside the tailgate/game.  Who cares if you lay waste to @Hammered a Lot's pota-potty... I think the company condems them anyway after each game. ? Just ask @mead107 for the key to the executive washrooms.  ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

So many great options.

Over easy is my go to.

Scrambled with fresh chive and cilantro

over easy on top rice fried with some onions, peppers and spicy sausage with the red hot sauce dribbled over top

Over easy on Avocado toast

Poached (but that's pretty boring)

Over easy on on a hamburger

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Weird but serious question.  How do you clean/disinfect them after they come out?

Shells are a natural barrier.  No washing of the eggs.  I was told that when hens lay eggs there is some king of mucus that dries and seals the shell and is best not to wash it off.  If its really bad like covered in ***** I'll wash it.  Usually they are clean like you see in the store.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

SCRAMBLED ONLY. 

I'd rather drink a hot Corona from 1997 than eat eggs in any other fashion.

okay.

try some asparagus in 'em. goes good with pork/chicken fried rice as well.

omelettes? they are essentially scrambled eggs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm a white egg guy. My parents raise chickens and the yolks are definitely stronger in the brown eggs. Another thing I've learned is that you cant make hard boiled eggs from fresh chicken eggs because you can't peel the shell properly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

okay.

goes good with pork/ fried rice 

Maybe Gugny will remember this well..when we were stationed in SoCal. Spam (pork parts/potted meat))fried in eggs and rice with fish oil base.

It sounds gross but was pretty darn good.

Tough to find on the east coast...

Edited by Misterbluesky
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm a white egg guy. My parents raise chickens and the yolks are definitely stronger in the brown eggs. Another thing I've learned is that you cant make hard boiled eggs from fresh chicken eggs because you can't peel the shell properly.

Really.  How long do you boil?  Solid 12 minutes in a rolling boil? Then immediately take out and cool in the refrigerator.  Yeah, fresher is a little harder... But usually there is a void at tip,  peels right off.

Right away peeled, even easier under cold running water.