Bills projected to pick 4th in 2020

Injuries or something else unforeseen can happen. However I could actually see the Bills trading up to get an elite WR IF they feel a stud number one WR is the missing piece. McBeane has never been shy about trading up for a player they covet. Josh, Zay, Dawkins, Edmonds, Knox, and Ford are all examples of draft day trade ups they have made off the top of my head. That's 2 trades per-draft.

So it is not as if McBeane isn't afraid to go up and get their guy. Also if the acquisitions in 2019 and the 2020 free agency acquisitions fill out most of the teams needs and they are really just missing an elite WR for Josh then the move become plausible to trade up from somewhere in the 20’s or teens to a top 5 pick. Atlanta traded a 2ndand future 1stto go up to take Julio Jones because they felt like the only thing stopping them from one of the best offenses in the league was an elite WR opposite White. 

But I don’t see the Bills having less than 6 wins. This team with one of the worst mismanaged QB situations crafted out 6 wins and the defense that carried the team remains intact and filled with young and prime talent. The offense which was horrid is greatly improved in all aspects. 

What a buncha crap. The roster has been improved and these dingbats think the team will do WORSE than last season because of it? GTFOH. 

McDermott is developing a reputation as a coach who can get a lot out of a little. In 2017 he had a real mixed bag of a roster, it definitely wasn't put together how he wanted yet they made the playoffs. They do what they have to do to get their franchise QB and after some demoralizing losses to start the season, the team remained competitive and pulled out six games when everyone knew it was the total rebuild year and figured four wins would be lucky, let alone six. And now the "analysts" mark them down to draft fourth overall next year. That'd mean they'd finish 4-12 or worse (most likely). 

I hate to sound like a homer but I just don't see this team doing worse than last season. The defense was a strength last season (mostly) and they only got stronger. The offense and OL will take some time to come together but I can certainly see them making some strides in the right direction. 

You have these guys saying they'll go 4-12 or whatever while other analysts have said "anything less than a playoff appearance would be a disappointment." Nimrods.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Superhero said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2020-NFL-mock-draft-CBS-Sports-132072836/#132072836_9

247 Sports / CBS sports have the Bills taking WR Jerry Juedy of Alabama with the 4th overall pick.

I heard CBS put out a 2019 mock draft in May... of 2019. They had the Bills picking 3rd. They're really giving us a lot of credit here, folks. We'll be one spot better next year!

You really gotta love the genius takes from CBS. Can't wait for next week's article on who has the best slam dunk in football! I'm salivating. 

On 5/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, McBean said:

Tua to the dolphins would be great.

Most overrated player of all time in college football.

Fromm is twice the QB.

I am a UGA fan and watch every game. Fromm had a great SEC championship. Other than that I can’t think of too many games where he impressed. I think we will see a more balanced even passing game from UGA this year with the OC change. Right now I am 50/50 on Fromm. I think Fromm could be seen as another Aaron Murray. He needs to put a lot more on film to move up to top 15 for me. 

As for Tua, I understand the hesitation and questions. Tua’s last couple of games were not very good. I still think he has all the talent. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

On 5/16/2019 at 8:56 PM, McBean said:

Tua to the dolphins would be great.

Most overrated player of all time in college football.

Fromm is twice the QB.

Don't you dare ruin my JR dream.

On 5/16/2019 at 9:32 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

If they are picking 4th it won't be Beane and McDermott making that pick.  

Anything less than 8-8 and they should both be fired.  

Wrong

On 5/17/2019 at 3:35 AM, simpleman said:

Gotta agree with this, unless Allen is injured. If this team is less than 8-8 and Allen is not injured, either he was a bad pick, or they really are an incompetent coach/GM tandem.Their whole "process" is that they do not count on any one "superstar" other than the QB. It is a total team effort. If they are less than 8-8 and Allen is not injured, they really messed up, since it means a LOT of players are under-performing, not just one, and that means either bad coaching or poor player selection.   No cap excuses this year. No excuses that you were saddled with someone else's bad contracts, or bad choices. It is all on McBeane to win or fail.

yeah, yeah....we know. 

You just can't wait for this scenario, can you?

jeezus....

On 5/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think people are wayyyyy too optimistic about this year.  Thinking that brand new rookie and free agent starters are the key to success is usually a fool's errand.  That, in addition to the fact that Josh Allen could just as easily take a step back as he could forward, creates a real possibility this season could go very poorly.  After all, its not unusual that 2nd year quarterbacks regress.  

I am glad we have upgrades all over the line, but those guys have never played in Daboll's system and have never played together.  The OL group, more than most, rely heavily on communication and chemistry, something they don't have.  I think they will pull it together, but I fully expect it to take a while, like half the season a while.  

The defense should be good again, even though we still do not have much of a pass rush aside from Jerry who is aging. 

Don't get me wrong, it could go really well.  But its not out of the question this is a tough year for them. 

So, in summary.....could go bad. Could go well. 

I believe you're spot on.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:17 AM, Real McCoy said:

zzzzzzz

How do people get paid to do this stuff?

Well, typically most go to their payroll dept, provide a blank voided check and setup direct deposit.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, Mango said:

As much as I disliked AZ's move from Rosen so early, mostly because I am not as high on Kyler in the NFL as others...what ever that is worth....

If the Bills somehow end up with the 4th pick, and keep moving in the wrong direction, somebody probably loses their job. That also probably means the Allen had a very bad year. I would take a QB there.

Keep moving in the wrong direction? Please - explain.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:20 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think people are wayyyyy too optimistic about this year.  Thinking that brand new rookie and free agent starters are the key to success is usually a fool's errand.  That, in addition to the fact that Josh Allen could just as easily take a step back as he could forward, creates a real possibility this season could go very poorly.  After all, its not unusual that 2nd year quarterbacks regress.  

I am glad we have upgrades all over the line, but those guys have never played in Daboll's system and have never played together.  The OL group, more than most, rely heavily on communication and chemistry, something they don't have.  I think they will pull it together, but I fully expect it to take a while, like half the season a while.  

The defense should be good again, even though we still do not have much of a pass rush aside from Jerry who is aging. 

Don't get me wrong, it could go really well.  But its not out of the question this is a tough year for them. 

Year 3 of a tear down and rebuild can't fail. If it does then regime change is the only option. Injuries would be the only possible excuse to keep their jobs 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

They could easily be terrible next year. Remember when they were 5-2 then got blown out by the Jets on Thursday night? The “tanking” Jets. What was everyone’s expectation of how that game would go? Use that same logic for this season. 

I like the additions on the o line. But success on the o line is often liked to consistency and these guys all just met each other last week. 

The WR group is not the worst in the league like last year but bottom 5 in the league still. 

these are still the guys that put that o line from last year together and started Nathan peterman day 1, mike Tolbert, kelvin benjamin, Zay Jones, Vlad a mere duckass, the list goes on and on. 

Nothing they have done on offense has worked.

defense is historically inconsistent year to year for every team other than select few. 

It all depends on Allen of course. If he’s not an elite QB nothing else matters, it will just be more mediocrity 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Keep moving in the wrong direction? Please - explain.

Happy to.

Year 1- Playoffs

Year 2- Top 10 pick 

Year 3- Top 5 pick.

thats the wrong direction 

10 hours ago, Mango said:

Happy to.

Year 1- Playoffs

Year 2- Top 10 pick 

Year 3- Top 5 pick.

thats the wrong direction 

That's right, my bad.

I forgot they inherited a perennial playoff team and destroyed it. 

They're on a path. The arrow is pointing up.