Bills projected to pick 4th in 2020

32 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think people are wayyyyy too optimistic about this year.  Thinking that brand new rookie and free agent starters are the key to success is usually a fool's errand.  That, in addition to the fact that Josh Allen could just as easily take a step back as he could forward, creates a real possibility this season could go very poorly.  After all, its not unusual that 2nd year quarterbacks regress.  

I am glad we have upgrades all over the line, but those guys have never played in Daboll's system and have never played together.  The OL group, more than most, rely heavily on communication and chemistry, something they don't have.  I think they will pull it together, but I fully expect it to take a while, like half the season a while.  

The defense should be good again, even though we still do not have much of a pass rush aside from Jerry who is aging. 

Don't get me wrong, it could go really well.  But its not out of the question this is a tough year for them. 

So, it could go either way?

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, nucci said:

So, it could go either way?

I mean, anything could happen.  What I am saying is it not as obvious we will be that much better this year, as is implied by these responses.  Do I think we will be the third worst team in the league this year? Thats a bit dramatic. But I do think we could be a 5-6 win team year.  That is where my money is. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I mean, anything could happen.  What I am saying is it not as obvious we will be that much better this year, as is implied by these responses.  Do I think we will be the third worst team in the league this year? Thats a bit dramatic. But I do think we could be a 5-6 win team year.  That is where my money is. 

wouldn't a 5 win season put us right around 3rd worst team?

As much as I disliked AZ's move from Rosen so early, mostly because I am not as high on Kyler in the NFL as others...what ever that is worth....

If the Bills somehow end up with the 4th pick, and keep moving in the wrong direction, somebody probably loses their job. That also probably means the Allen had a very bad year. I would take a QB there.

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I feel you like you are getting super distracted about a very minor portion of the point I was trying to make...

No, I just think you contradict yourself with every statement

Just now, nucci said:

No, I just think you contradict yourself with every statement

Like, even that isn't really responsive to what I just said. 

My point was I don't think this team is going to be good because of the rookies or free agents.  If we are good, it will be because Josh Allen took a step forward and not a step back.  However, it is equally likely he could go either way.  

For some reason you got super hung up on my saying I don't think they will be the third worst team in the league.  To be honest, I threw it in as an aside. It really wasn't relevant to the point I was making. 

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2020-NFL-mock-draft-CBS-Sports-132072836/#132072836_9

247 Sports / CBS sports have the Bills taking WR Jerry Juedy of Alabama with the 4th overall pick.

Is there somewhere I can go to bet the over on this?

Does anyone think the author of this article Chance Linton would take the bet?

Does anyone here want to take this bet?

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, McBean said:

Tua to the dolphins would be great.

Most overrated player of all time in college football.

Fromm is twice the QB.

Im glad I'm not the only one. I love Fromm, Id have taken him over Murray this year and Tua is insanely overrated 

• Thank you (+1) 1