Bills projected to pick 4th in 2020

Obviously the author of that article never watched the ending to Back to the Future III where Doc Brown told Jennifer (number two) “Your future hasn’t been written yet no ones has. Your future is what you make of it so make it a good one!” Which in fairness seems like a more than odd thing to say by a person who literally invented a time machine and saw that people’s futures had indeed been written. I suppose that is neither here nor there. Back to the topic at hand I don’t think they have any idea what is going to happen and I hope they are 28 picks off. 

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If they are picking 4th it won't be Beane and McDermott making that pick.  

Anything less than 8-8 and they should both be fired.  

Gotta agree with this, unless Allen is injured. If this team is less than 8-8 and Allen is not injured, either he was a bad pick, or they really are an incompetent coach/GM tandem.Their whole "process" is that they do not count on any one "superstar" other than the QB. It is a total team effort. If they are less than 8-8 and Allen is not injured, they really messed up, since it means a LOT of players are under-performing, not just one, and that means either bad coaching or poor player selection.   No cap excuses this year. No excuses that you were saddled with someone else's bad contracts, or bad choices. It is all on McBeane to win or fail.

Edited by simpleman
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yeahhhh I really don’t see us finishing with a worse record than last season.  Easier schedule, improved O-Line and Wide Receiver corps, and Josh Allen in his second year getting rid of some of the growing pains should be good for at least two more wins.

...think someone here posted the 2020 mock positions were based on Vegas SB odds...............

9 hours ago, Superhero said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2020-NFL-mock-draft-CBS-Sports-132072836/#132072836_9

247 Sports / CBS sports have the Bills taking WR Jerry Juedy of Alabama with the 4th overall pick.

So, after saying that the Bills had a good off season and a great draft, the "experts" are predicting the Bills to do WORSE than last year.

It's pretty incredible that anyone thinks that the Bills will be worse than last year. The schedule appears to be easier. The Bills have received a lot of national praise for their free agency AND draft. Both the offensive and defensive schemes are returning. No major changes in coaching or front office management. QB going into year two.

There's just absolutely nothing about the Bills that would suggest anything but improvement and winning at least a couple more games. I have to believe that the people who do these mock drafts or projections just seriously know nothing about the team except that they are usually not great and won 6 games last year.

I mean, the Bills have been middle of the road for years now. There's no reason to assume they'd fall on their face and be picking top 5.

• Like (+1) 1

I love how a team that picked ninth last year with a rookie QB and a record setting 55 plus million dollars tied behind its back in dead money and has done nothing but get better this off-season with very few player losses...is going to drop a couple of more games and jump five spots in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

BTW, someone please tell me what's more annoying:  the Bills picking 4th or the Jets picking 18th (Vikes at 18 last year with an 8-7-1 record)?

I guess the Jets have had a much better off season (going from 4-12 to likely 9-7 if you believe the above) than the Bills (6-10, likely on their way to 4-12) even though it seems the Bills have improved last year's team.

And the team picking first is the Dolphins, so...I mean we beat them twice and go 2-12 against the rest of the NFL?  Which is amazing when you consider that against the rest of the NFL (except the Pats) the last two years the Bills are 15-13, 12-12 without the Phins.

...oh, and 3-1 against the Jets current head coach the last two years.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I think people are wayyyyy too optimistic about this year.  Thinking that brand new rookie and free agent starters are the key to success is usually a fool's errand.  That, in addition to the fact that Josh Allen could just as easily take a step back as he could forward, creates a real possibility this season could go very poorly.  After all, its not unusual that 2nd year quarterbacks regress.  

I am glad we have upgrades all over the line, but those guys have never played in Daboll's system and have never played together.  The OL group, more than most, rely heavily on communication and chemistry, something they don't have.  I think they will pull it together, but I fully expect it to take a while, like half the season a while.  

The defense should be good again, even though we still do not have much of a pass rush aside from Jerry who is aging. 

Don't get me wrong, it could go really well.  But its not out of the question this is a tough year for them. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I think people are wayyyyy too optimistic about this year.  Thinking that brand new rookie and free agent starters are the key to success is usually a fool's errand.  That, in addition to the fact that Josh Allen could just as easily take a step back as he could forward, creates a real possibility this season could go very poorly.  After all, its not unusual that 2nd year quarterbacks regress.  

I am glad we have upgrades all over the line, but those guys have never played in Daboll's system and have never played together.  The OL group, more than most, rely heavily on communication and chemistry, something they don't have.  I think they will pull it together, but I fully expect it to take a while, like half the season a while.  

The defense should be good again, even though we still do not have much of a pass rush aside from Jerry who is aging. 

Don't get me wrong, it could go really well.  But its not out of the question this is a tough year for them. 

JAHBH, all valid points and I have no problem considering them.

However, even given what you've stated, the good and the bad, does that work out to 4-12 to you, a record the Bills have been at or lower than only two times in the last 32 seasons?

To put it another way is it reasonable to assume (you, me, NFL talking heads) that this will end up being the the 3rd worst (or first or second) Bills team in the last 33 years?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts