Is there a flashlight app that stays on? Part II Is Northwest Bank a bunch of idiots?

bbb

I haven't been able to get a check approved for deposit on my Northwest Bank app except for a few at the beginning..........The problem is that it has you take pictures of the front and back of the check, but when you do, you have to put your hands over the check and make shadows on the check..............There is no flash with the app..........Nor will it let you upload pics you can take with your camera, using the flash.

So, twice they've told me, well, you can go to the branch and deposit it...........Really???  Is that how banking works?............Well, the reason I got the app was so I DIDN'T have to go to the branch - and you're in the online banking dept.

One person came up with a good idea.  Have your flashlight app on while taking the pic...........Only problem is my flashlight turns off when I go into the app.

Do other people have this problem with their bank?.............And, is there a flashlight app that won't turn off when you go into other apps?  

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

You can also go to the ATM!

You work for Northwest, don’t you?

27 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Can’t help you. My banks app turns on the flash when I take a picture of a check. 

Maybe switch banks?

I probably should. I’ve literally been at that branch 35 years. It’s been under different names.....At least now I know there’s a bank with a better app. Thanks 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

I haven't been able to get a check approved for deposit on my Northwest Bank app except for a few at the beginning..........The problem is that it has you take pictures of the front and back of the check, but when you do, you have to put your hands over the check and make shadows on the check..............There is no flash with the app..........Nor will it let you upload pics you can take with your camera, using the flash.

So, twice they've told me, well, you can go to the branch and deposit it...........Really???  Is that how banking works?............Well, the reason I got the app was so I DIDN'T have to go to the branch - and you're in the online banking dept.

One person came up with a good idea.  Have your flashlight app on while taking the pic...........Only problem is my flashlight turns off when I go into the app.

Do other people have this problem with their bank?.............And, is there a flashlight app that won't turn off when you go into other apps?  

Sometimes this is as good as it gets for some. You must work harder or this is it for you.

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Can you use secondary lighting so it doesnt create a shadow?  Don't use overhead lighting.

My bank app works well. I never really noticed a flash.  Use a light background.

How about just holding a normal flashlight?  So many ways to avoid shadows.

I guess I can try that.  Not a bad idea.  Hope I can handle both at the same time! 

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Or: "How to avoid a shadow in non-flash photography."

Live shot of me:

846-08512719en_Masterfile.jpg