Tech toys - you yearn for their return ... or not

What’s one tech toy that you yearn for its return and one that you are thankful it’s gone?

My Choices:

Yearn for its return: remember the simplicity of pong games?  How can you not want that?

Glad it is gone:  8-track tapes - worst technology ever...

33 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

The 1991 Japanese-built Honda Prelude SI 4WS. I'd buy one today if they re-started making them fresh (there are companies looking to do this, avoiding the safety regulations, BTW):

Image result for 1991 honda prelude si

My first new car was Honda’s ‘91 Acura Integra.  Great car. 

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

The 1991 Japanese-built Honda Prelude SI 4WS. I'd buy one today if they re-started making them fresh (there are companies looking to do this, avoiding the safety regulations, BTW):

Image result for 1991 honda prelude si

I loved the Preludes (and pretty much all Hondas) from that era.  They were very sporty and positively TINY and LIGHT compared to modern car standards.  For quite a while now Honda has been making horribly designed cars that are just straight up weird and ugly.  

I have no idea what's happened at the company; they can't make an F1 engine worth a damned anymore either.

Honda was on top of the world in the late '80s! 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I loved the Preludes (and pretty much all Hondas) from that era.  They were very sporty and positively TINY and LIGHT compared to modern car standards.  For quite a while now Honda has been making horribly designed cars that are just straight up weird and ugly.  

I have no idea what's happened at the company; they can't make an F1 engine worth a damned anymore either.

I have the last of the "good" Honda's, my 2005 CR-V, made in Japan. It's been darn near flawless and only has 272,000 miles on it. Working to get to 300k.

And it features a picnic table in the back for Bills tailgating!

3 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I have the last of the "good" Honda's, my 2005 CR-V, made in Japan. It's been darn near flawless and only has 272,000 miles on it. Working to get to 300k.

And it features a picnic table in the back for Bills tailgating!

I had a 1993 Honda Civic EX coupe as my first real car.  I drove the piss out of that thing and tracked it all the time, usually at the Glen or Mosport Park near TO. 

I sold it after 8 years and 150,000 miles.  Nothing went wrong on it in that amount of time, other than eventually needing to replace the clutch and timing belt, but those are wear items.  Nothing went wrong!  I used to joke how not even a light bulb in one of the turn signal indicators (for example) ever burned out!  It didn't need anything...

And it was happy to run all day long on relatively low octane/cheap gas.  I used to fill it up for like $13.00 back then! 

Did all the engine oil changes/brake pad changes myself....car was great.

It was one of the first VTEC engines; redlined at 7,200 RPM way back then; when that second set of cam lobes kicked in around 4,500 or 5,000 RPM the engine made such a lovely sound...

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

FWIW:  Vehicles today are the heaviest they have ever been (on average).  Hard to believe with all those past land yachts on the road.  Cars are fatter, heavier, wider. Just NOT longer.

Take a look at an old car by a newer one... Even the small ones today are much bigger, heavier.  It's a progression, no doubt.

https://slate.com/business/2011/06/american-cars-are-getting-heavier-and-heavier-is-that-dangerous.html

"Like Americans themselves, American cars are getting heavier and heavier every year. Our new cars are more efficient, with average fuel economy climbing and carbon-dioxide emissions falling over the course of the past 30 years. But that is not because they are lighter. The average new car weighed 3,221 pounds in 1987 but 4,009 pounds in 2010. Even small-size sedans have packed on the pounds, thanks to more-powerful—if more-efficient—engines, as well as features like nicer seats, more safety features, and more legroom."