Informative video on H. Phillips, Edmunds, Milano

I routinely scour the internet for good stuff on the bills, and came across this on youtube (searched the board for it, don't think it has been posted). What really impressed me from the video was how much potential Phillips showed, considering how little attention most of us pay to his impact. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZ15Fxfddw

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Most fans only watch to see who sacked a QB.  Run stuffs and disruptiveness are usually overlooked.  35 tackles in his rookie season while playing only 38% of defensive snaps and he had 91 tackles his last year at Stanford.  The kid is good.  He needs more playing time this year though.  Especially aligned next to Oliver.  Hoping we see him breakout this year!  

• Like (+1) 11

54 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Most fans only watch to see who sacked a QB.  Run stuffs and disruptiveness are usually overlooked.  35 tackles in his rookie season while playing only 38% of defensive snaps and he had 91 tackles his last year at Stanford.  The kid is good.  He needs more playing time this year though.  Especially aligned next to Oliver.  Hoping we see him breakout this year!  

I like Phillips. I don't know much about his alleged "taking" plays off, but now that he has a home...he can realize his potential. He does have distruptive qualities in his game. Didn't NFL.com compare him to Chris Jones or vice versa!

Edited by Rocket94

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Considering he was backing up Kyle Williams and learning from him, and was pretty much drafted to replace him, he should get more playing time and be more productive.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

Agree and would like to see him get more, but how much can he get with Star there? May turn out that he doesn't get much more playing time than he got last season unless and injury occurs to someone of course.

I'm sure we will probably see more of him during the preseason but depending on Star he may not see much more playing time. Would love to see him tear it up though when he gets his chances.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Considering he was backing up Kyle Williams and learning from him, and was pretty much drafted to replace him, he should get more playing time and be more productive.

Mr ED may be playing in that position some also,so we will see. I hope he does get more.

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

"All he does is make plays." This guy is an absolute beast. We were trotting Ramon Humber out there at WILL in 2017 before they went to Milano. Ramon Humber!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Minus the fact that he only kind of really plays the same role. 

3 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

I routinely scour the internet for good stuff on the bills, and came across this on youtube (searched the board for it, don't think it has been posted). What really impressed me from the video was how much potential Phillips showed, considering how little attention most of us pay to his impact. 

Thank you for sharing. Phillips was ignored and this analysis shows he should not have been,

I have a feeling our D will be top 3 in the league. I think Phillips and Oliver are going to be a nightmare to plan for in the middle. Milano is ridiculous in the read and react department and our secondary will be even better. I like the way this D is built top to bottom. If the O can average 20+ points this year the Bills are playoff bound.

That was great, thanks.

I was already aware of Milano and Edmunds being well on the road to elite status, but I hadn't seen many (any?) breakdowns of Harrison Phillips' play in 2018. That was really neat to see.

The Bills are so strong up the middle: Star, Oliver, and the Phillips brothers at DT, Edmunds and Milano at LB, Poyer and Hyde at Safety. Love it. 

And we all EXPECT Oliver to be a beast, but what if it turns out Harrison Phillips is the real deal, too?! The Bills could have quite the DT tandem on their hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

Gives credit to Beane for drafting Milano:)

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I like Phillips. I don't know much about his alleged "taking" plays off, but now that he has a home...he can realize his potential. He does have distruptive qualities in his game. Didn't NFL.com compare him to Chris Jones or vice versa!

He has the brute strength to manhandle guys. Him and Oliver will be so fun to watch 

10 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree and would like to see him get more, but how much can he get with Star there? May turn out that he doesn't get much more playing time than he got last season unless and injury occurs to someone of course.

I'm sure we will probably see more of him during the preseason but depending on Star he may not see much more playing time. Would love to see him tear it up though when he gets his chances.

Mr ED may be playing in that position some also,so we will see. I hope he does get more.

I think he could get closer to 50% of defensive snaps. He can play both spots imo. If he earns it, he may take more reps than star. He will have to earn it though and I’d much rather have solid depth than scraps behind our starters. If a DT does go down, we won’t be screwed up front. I’m sure they will give him plenty of opportunity though. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I think he could get closer to 50% of defensive snaps. He can play both spots imo. If he earns it, he may take more reps than star. He will have to earn it though and I’d much rather have solid depth than scraps behind our starters. If a DT does go down, we won’t be screwed up front. I’m sure they will give him plenty of opportunity though. 

This. He can and I think will rotate with both Star and Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1