Patrick PEDerson Suspended 1st 6 games for PEDS

50 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I wonder if Tyreek Hill gets that many games? This league is so messed up with suspensions. Not that I’m in favor of PED usage.

Tyreek Hill should be out of the league...

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I wonder if Tyreek Hill gets that many games? This league is so messed up with suspensions. Not that I’m in favor of PED usage.

The flip side is an employer suspending their employee for workplace misconduct (PED) vs at home behavior should see some tilting towards harshness at work misconduct even if the at home behavior is morally worse.

not going to litigate an unknown PED offense vs a not yet doled out personal conduct offense- but as a general rule I get why we see things that look out of sorts sometimes 

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Always makes you think, How long has he been on these PEDs and never been caught til now? Same with Edelman. Screw these cheats. Wouldn't want either on my team...

I’m not sure how anyone can believe that this isn’t something the majority of players do, or have done at some point. 

Its pervasive in high school football when there isn’t nearly as much at stake. 

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not sure how anyone can believe that this isn’t something the majority of players do, or have done at some point. 

Its pervasive in high school football when there isn’t nearly as much at stake. 

And it's a problem when it's done there, too.

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Always makes you think, How long has he been on these PEDs and never been caught til now? Same with Edelman. Screw these cheats. Wouldn't want either on my team...

Everyone "cheats", they just don't get caught.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Everyone "cheats", they just don't get caught.

If you're not cheating, you're not trying. 

I'm confused by some of the responses. Am I supposed to be outraged because a player is attempting to get a competitive advantage or because they're putting their health at risk? I'm pretty sure professional football players are ALREADY putting their health at risk.

They should monitor it and the suspension is just. The fact that it goes on doesn't affect my appreciation for the game one bit.

7 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Lol.

I don't think Johnson is going to have injury issues. The shoulder shouldn't be a consistent problem. He's also tough as nails , Gaines I agree

Should have clarified...I meant Kevin not Taron...Bills need Taron to stay healthy for all 19 games, especially the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Not only was he taking PED's, he was actively trying to hide it with a masking agent....

Proves that he's being doing it for a long time.

Is that factually known though?

7 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The new Browns.

They aren’t even newly awful. They’ve been consistently disastrous 

9 hours ago, ddaryl said:

In what way did we change subjects from performance enhancers to opioids..

No not ok. but you changed the subject. This was purely about performance enhancers.,

As for pain killers its a country wide epidemic... 

Nice try but stay with the topic

My entire reason for not caring about players taking PEDS is because they are already being loaded with opioids from their own teams. I didn’t change the subject, try and keep up.

Edited by Bangarang

10 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I really don’t care if these athletes want to dope up. The team doctors are already pumping these guys full of pills on a weekly basis.

The greatest benefit of PED's like HGH is probably rapid healing.......and thereby the subsequent avoidance of intolerable pain.   

I took androstenedione for a while in college and while it packed on muscle quick the real trick was the healing............I could lift to the point of tearing muscle that would have put me in a sling for weeks.......but instead wake up the next day entirely healed.    It was amazing.   And in the case of NFL players steroid-like action like that can be the difference between being available and not........or taking massive amounts of pain killers or not.     If it's OK for them to be pounding pain killers it's hard to really get too upset about PED's in football.   Brutal sport.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The greatest benefit of PED's like HGH is probably rapid healing.......and thereby the subsequent avoidance of intolerable pain.   

I took androstenedione for a while in college and while it packed on muscle quick the real trick was the healing............I could lift to the point of tearing muscle that would have put me in a sling for weeks.......but instead wake up the next day entirely healed.    It was amazing.   And in the case of NFL players steroid-like action like that can be the difference between being available and not........or taking massive amounts of pain killers or not.     If it's OK for them to be pounding pain killers it's hard to really get too upset about PED's in football.   Brutal sport.

Mark McGwire is that you?? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow. How long has he been doing it I wonder? Thought he was a classy guy, but this stains his name for sure.

Classy guy??

This is a guy who was dragging the Cardinals on social media in a very coy (cowardly) way about "demanding" to be traded.  He did this while he was taking PEDS!

They should have traded him.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Mark McGwire is that you?? :lol:

Yeah it later came out that Andro was what was keeping McGwire on the field.    He would have probably been retired before he ever got to St. Louis if not for it.  

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And it's a problem when it's done there, too.

Do you care if players take HGH (which the league conspicuously does NOT test for, really) given that it's basically a miracle drug for repairing the constant small muscle tears that come with playing in the NFL? Take HGH out of the league, and watch what happens to injury reports. There's a reason it's swept under the rug.  

16 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well said.

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

LOL there’s no way andro had that kind of recovery benefit. It was a precursor of testosterone and therefore weaker than any performance-enhancing steroid. Sure it would still help in muscle recovery over anything else you could find at the nutrition shop at that time, but to say that you were literally tearing a muscle and would be better in a day is completely false. If that was true, nobody would get injured since the majority of these guys take legit anabolics with very short detection windows. McGuire also wasn’t just taking andro. He used a legal supplement to cover up other steroid use. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin