Posible Disasters, off season & future

HOUSE

10 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Less of a disaster than if Wentz just never gets back to being a good QB... (especially if Foles kills it in Jax.)

I think Wentz is on-track for being a Bradford-like disappointment -  a really good guy who can play at a high level when he's healthy, but who just collects one season-ending injury after another.

I don't know if they put many eggs in that decrepit basket... Really just a couple, and then they got Lock. I think Lock ends up being the best QB from this draft. 

I have no opinion of 6'4" QB from Mizzou, especially ones whose scouting report says "Production falls off a cliff when forced to move his feet" and "Poise and decision-making appear tied to level of pressure he sees".  But I wish all players the best so I hope you're right.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Wentz is on-track for being a Bradford-like disappointment -  a really good guy who can play at a high level when he's healthy, but who just collects one season-ending injury after another.

I have no opinion of 6'4" QB from Mizzou, especially ones whose scouting report says "Production falls off a cliff when forced to move his feet" and "Poise and decision-making appear tied to level of pressure he sees".  But I wish all players the best so I hope you're right.

We'll see with Wentz. I really hope he does rebound. I've always liked the Eagles, and he seems like a great guy, not to mention a special talent at times. (I still remember his escape against the Bears in 2017.. A sight to see) 

Yeah, I don't know much about him because I, for the first time in a long time, didn't care about the QB class. But from what I did see, he seems like a guy who can play. Though whatever report you're citing does sound ominous. ?

20 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

With how the season has been going, this may end up being true :(

I don't get what else people expected here. They had 6 episodes to rap up a wide open series that was all over the place at times. Another season(Heck even 2 more) would have allowed them to go into more details and not seem so rushed. Would have been better for everyone. Unfortunately all good things come to an end. ***** Tom Brady, his reign ends this year! Go Bills!!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Baltimore was overdue to shun Flacco, agree that Jackson is a wildly unproven promise though.

In that vein, what about Denver putting their eggs in the Flacco basket?

I think that (Flacco) is the best basket they have at this point.  They better hope Drew Lock is what they hope he will be, but that will take a couple of seasons to develop.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I posted this thread then deleted but was asked to re-post. I guess I didn't explain what I was looking for.
Possible disasters
| Odell Beckham has a big mouth, The Giants let him go for good reason.

Huh??

OBJ was let go because his former GM is as incompetent as the other NJ GM that just got fired. 

I'm guessing he's overjoyed to be working with an exciting young QB on a young team building to winnow, as opposed that crap-show being led by a washed-up QB and/or and overdrafted rookie.

• Like (+1) 2

Tremaine Edmunds suffers a season ending injury, leading to a general defensive awfulness for the Bills as *checks depth chart* JULIAN STANFORD(?!) starts 15 games. Linebacker depth is pretty scary for the Bills at the moment.

• Like (+1) 2