Harrison Phillips. Role model.

8 hours ago, Codyny13 said:

I just wanted to start a thread to honor the work and time Harrison Phillips has been putting into the community. For the those who aren’t aware or for the older crowd that maybe doesn’t have social media or follow all the little story lines, this is a kid who really gets it. Between the relationship he built with Pancho Billa, the local work with victory sports,  the leadership role he’s taken with the Buffalo Bills foundation, and various visits and time he’s put in with the local children’s hospitals, as well as the ones in his home town, it’s just really nice to see a young man really give his time to the benefit of so many. He’s even one of the few that will actually respond back to you on social media as well. It’s just a real honor to have this guy on our team, and I do believe he deserves some recognition although I’m sure he does not want it. I truly hope he’s able to have success on the field, but he’s certainly a success off of it.

...GREAT find and thanks for sharing...too many of these good deeds go unnoticed or unannounced......these guys are not seeking publicity.....this kid, Josh, Ed Oliver, etc are great example of the character types McBeane/McDermott want.......and it does NOT mean choir boys.....Duke had some scrapes and hiccups along the way, but assume he  demonstrated so far (as in getting signed) that he has atoned and refocused....NOTHING wrong with that IMO....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

8 hours ago, NewCastleFanBills said:

But on the field, I wanna see his nickname side, Horrible Harry.

Hopefully he breaks out this year. If he does we are set at DT for years to come... Ed Oliver and Harrison Phillips.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lorax, Aaron Williams , Freddie , Josh Allen, even Ed Oliver been spreading the love

there is a whole host of current and recent bills who are active around the Bills community and Buffalo community 

...do you have a link?...NOBODY wants to come to Bflo....................TBD fact................

22 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m glad that you started this thread @Codyny13. It just dawned on me the other day how incredibly active he’s been this offseason. He’s out that 99 jersey on more time since the season ended than when it was going on. He seems like a great young man and a guy that we are lucky to have.

Agreed. Loved the zany videos of him & Kyle last year -showing up at his house with ❤️ signs & flowers ?

If he’s what exemplifies McDermott’s Process, I’m buying I’m.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, wppete said:

Hopefully he breaks out this year. If he does we are set at DT for years to come... Ed Oliver and Harrison Phillips.

Yes...interesting year for Phillips. The table is set.

13 hours ago, Dopey said:

Love everything about Harrison and that we saw enough to draft him. I'm very grateful for all that he does in both our community and his. As an older guy, I don't really care that he responds back on social media. The reason for that is some guys get too wrapped up in it and take it too personally. 

Now on to football. I wrote in another thread I think he will be a big part of why our defense will excel this year. I feel he will rotate with both Ed and Star. He's big enough to plug in when Star needs a breather and he's 2 years into our defense. As far as rotating with Ed, Harrison led Stanford in tackles as a DT. He's got an eye for the football. He also is good at putting his hands up to tip passes when he's not in the backfield wreaking havoc.He showed some decent feet and enough quickness to work well with Star when he's in for Ed. He's no Ed Oliver, but he will be someone the o-line will have to reckon with.

Right on. Phillips should have more opportunity this year.