Jets trade Darron Lee to Chiefs

Just now, Logic said:

Except that the Jetss are our division rivals. There is ABSOLUTELY reason to believe that they'd ask a higher price from a team they play twice a year than from a team in the AFC West.

Also, I expect you'll still be hanging around our boards and touting your Chiefs if/when they regress this year and barely secure a Wild Card spot?

I'll show up to eat crow if it comes to it.  Good point about Jets being div rival..but you'd think if they hate Lee enough let him go for peanuts...they might WISH he was on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

It's possible I'll get struck by lightning during my date with scarlett johansen...but not likely.  Same applies to the question of which team will be picking lower/higher in the draft.

Good luck. 

14 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

It's possible I'll get struck by lightning during my date with scarlett johansen...but not likely.  Same applies to the question of which team will be picking lower/higher in the draft.

Get bent

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Really? He is going to walk after this year and the Bills will get zero in return.

No if he has a good enough season he will get franchised.  We are at the point now that we need solid players this season not potential diwn the road.  The rebuild is done, time to paint and plant the bushes.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No if ha has a good enough season he will get franchised.  We are at the point now that we need solid players this season not potential diwn the road.  The rebuild is done, time to paint and plant the bushes.

No one is giving the franchise tag to darron Lee. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one is giving the franchise tag to darron Lee. 

Disappointed Yolo.  When you follow this confo back you will probably feel like a jack***.  It would be very difficult for the Bills to franchise Lee.  They could however franchise Shaq Lawson.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Disappointed Yolo.  When you follow this confo back you will probably feel like a jack***.  It would be very difficult for the Bills to franchise Lee.  They could however franchise Shaq Lawson.

Ah you are speaking of Lawson. My bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think the chances of Lee OR Lawson getting the tag are the same; zero.

Shaq Lawson for 19 mil a year? Never.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

It’s possible that Tyreek Hill goes to prison and never plays again after breaking his sons arm.  He’s a scumbag and doesn’t deserve to play in the NFL. The KC front office acted like they were serious business when Hunt tapped a girl in the back with his foot......yet Tyreek is still on the team after beating his sonZ. Take away hill while taking into consideration the KC defense sucked and only got worse.  I like our chances.  Just need the nfl to do what’s right 

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think the chances of Lee OR Lawson getting the tag are the same; zero.

Shaq Lawson for 19 mil a year? Never.

Thank you. Bills will get squat for Lawson. But yet we are clowning the Jets for getting “anything” for Lee....

It sucks but it’s reality. Another first rounder gone  

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we traded a lot of first rounders. Maybe Lee wasn't buying in.

I have heard that there were off the field issues with Lee that have not become public yet.  NFL teams are aware and that hurt his trade value.  I do not specifically know what they were. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Thank you. Bills will get squat for Lawson. But yet we are clowning the Jets for getting “anything” for Lee....

It sucks but it’s reality. Another first rounder gone  

They could get a comp pick.

10 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I have heard that there were off the field issues with Lee that have not become public yet.  NFL teams are aware and that hurt his trade value.  I do not specifically know what they were. 

I feel like they are somewhat public. He has substance abuse issues. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like they are somewhat public. He has substance abuse issues. 

Thanks.  That is probably it.  I see he did have a 4 game suspension for that, but I had forgotten about it.

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Thanks.  That is probably it.  I see he did have a 4 game suspension for that, but I had forgotten about it.

I was actually surprised that it took that long for him to get suspended. He has had these issues for a long time. But in the nfl you do have to fail a number of tests to get suspended. So he’s in the program now and getting tested randomly, hopefully he’s getting it together. Chiefs are like a halfway house for troubled players. 

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was actually surprised that it took that long for him to get suspended. He has had these issues for a long time. But in the nfl you do have to fail a number of tests to get suspended. So he’s in the program now and getting tested randomly, hopefully he’s getting it together. Chiefs are like a halfway house for troubled players. 

I just looked it up. A player has to fail three tests for recreational drugs to get the four game suspension Lee got.  Ugh.