Jets trade Darron Lee to Chiefs

7 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What are we gonna get for Shaq?

Probably better than a 6th.

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

This is a bad, bad, bad trade. Yes, Buffalo traded Dareus for a sixth, but it's because the previous regime overpaid a clearly unmotivated Dareus.

Lee was only making a shade over 2 per... there was nothing to be gained selling him low.

I think we ended up getting a 5th for Dareus due to conditions being met.

Just checked and it did become a 5th.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Not gonna lie, I wish the Bills had given a 5th rounder for Lee. I think he'd be great as a Will in McDermott's defense. Oh well.

Better than Milano? If you want him as a backup, you are giving up a 5th for a backup who would be a one year rental because he’s a FA this year. Then there his drug problem. I wouldn’t go near him if I’m the Bills. I think the chiefs actually need him to start (until he’s suspended again)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

This is a bad, bad, bad trade. Yes, Buffalo traded Dareus for a sixth, but it's because the previous regime overpaid a clearly unmotivated Dareus.

Lee was only making a shade over 2 per... there was nothing to be gained selling him low.

He was played out of position by the Jets.  As indicated in another post, he could be a weak side backer in a 4-3.  It looks like Gase is pulling the same thing he did in Miami.  Get rid of good players that he doesn't like and put inferior talent on the field.  Just another sad chapter in Jets football.

Lee was never a difference maker or game-changer against the Bills. For that reason alone I will miss him. Too small to be effective as a run defender and average in pass coverage. 

Like Lawson he was overdrafted.

Edited by billsbackto81

30 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, Ian, if I can call you Ian, what the ***** exactly constitutes first round talent? This is the most idiotic of twits.

He ran a fast 40 and was good in college. He played the same role that guys like shazier and devin bush played (viper) which is highly desirable to have a sideline to sideline guy who can cover and blitz. That said he never should have gone that high for a few reasons. He only played the LB position for 2 years before he went to the nfl. He was a converted ... wait for it... quarterback. I think he lacks the LB mentality and instincts, not to mention the size needed in the nfl. I believe he will be better in a different scheme, but have a lot of concern about him having long term nfl success. He has a lot of issues off the field and I think they affect him on the field 

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

That 4th was involved in moving up to nab Dawson Knox. 

The 5th he got for McCarron was used to get Ford.

He got a 2nd for Sammy Watkins , 3rd for Darby which basically got us Allen and Edmunds. 

Beane is THE MAN!!

And all those great moves got the Bills 6 wins in 2018.  If the team doesn't do significantly better on the field, then Beane will be no better than the duds who preceded him in the Bills FO.

This will end up like the Corey Coleman trade.  Won't be shocked if Lee doesn't even make team.  He is just too small to play the type of game he has been coached up to do his whole life.  He is essentially a 3rd safety (Mark Barron), but still thinks he is a Ray Lewis LB.

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

He was played out of position by the Jets.  As indicated in another post, he could be a weak side backer in a 4-3.  It looks like Gase is pulling the same thing he did in Miami.  Get rid of good players that he doesn't like and put inferior talent on the field.  Just another sad chapter in Jets football.

How is this different from McDermott and Beane?   McDermott didn't like Watkins, and he was traded and replaced by Benjamin.  McDermott didn't like Dareus, and he was replaced, eventually, by Loutelei.   McDermott didn't like Taylor, and McDermott attempted to replace him with Peterman in 2017, and then did see him replaced by Peterman in 2018.  While there wasn't any indication that McDermott didn't like Glenn per se, certainly he was deemed expendable and was replaced by Dawkins who played poorly enough as a sophomore that there's realistic questions about his role on the 2019 team.

I don't think that Bills fans should laugh too much at the Jests and their fans because the Bills have done nothing in 20 years to demonstrate that they are in any way a competent organization. The currrent Bills regime hasn't yet proven their competence either.

Edited by SoTier

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

And all those great moves got the Bills 6 wins in 2018.  If the team doesn't do significantly better on the field, then Beane will be no better than the duds who preceded him in the Bills FO.

No, they didn't get the Bills 6 wins.  What got them 6 wins was clearing cap space and having little on offense.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

No, they didn't get the Bills 6 wins.  What got them 6 wins was clearing cap space and having little on offense.

Yada yada.  The Bills have been blaming the salary cap for their on-field woes  -- and their fans have been accepting that excuse -- for twenty years.  You can continue to buy it if you want, but I'm no longer buying the BS the Bills are selling.  Either they produce on the field or McDermott and Beane deserve to go the way of all the other failed Bills HCs and GMs over the last twenty years.   I'm not going to lionize McDermott and Beane for drafting Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Ford or any of the other youngsters until those players prove themselves on the field, either.

12 minutes ago, NewCastleFanBills said:

I wouldn't have minded Buffalo giving up a 6th for Lee, as a back up and special team player, he could have brought a bit of a nastiness to the D and ST.

He’s soft. I don’t think he’s the type of player who brings that. I also don’t think Gase would trade him in the division if he had another option. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoTier said:

Yada yada.  The Bills have been blaming the salary cap for their on-field woes  -- and their fans have been accepting that excuse -- for twenty years.  You can continue to buy it if you want, but I'm no longer buying the BS the Bills are selling.  Either they produce on the field or McDermott and Beane deserve to go the way of all the other failed Bills HCs and GMs over the last twenty years.   I'm not going to lionize McDermott and Beane for drafting Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Ford or any of the other youngsters until those players prove themselves on the field, either.

You sound miserable.  Why bother subjecting yourself to this?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Better than Milano? If you want him as a backup, you are giving up a 5th for a backup who would be a one year rental because he’s a FA this year. Then there his drug problem. I wouldn’t go near him if I’m the Bills. I think the chiefs actually need him to start (until he’s suspended again)

Better than? Nope. I just feel the Bills have abhorrent depth at linebacker, even after the drafting of Joseph. With our defense employing fast, undersized guys at the position, injuries are always a concern to me.

I also feel that Darron Lee is exactly the type of linebacker, in terms of playing style and athletic traits, that McDermott could make highly effective. He could back up all three spots. I suppose, if all goes well, that that's what Joseph could do, as well. Here's hoping Joseph turns into a real player.

At the end of the day, McDermott/Beane seem to be the type that like to bet on high round, athletic talent that were misused/underused. If given the chance, I bet they could've turned Lee into a productive player. 

In any case, I wonder if Lee's addition and the switch to a 4-3 defense in KC means they release Ragland.