Jets trade Darron Lee to Chiefs

45 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Huge waste for the Jets and a nice pick-up for the Chiefs.

I think it will end Ragland time between FA and this pick-up.

Nice Job of Beane getting a 4th for Ragland.

So the end result of the Ragland trade is it was used to move up for Knox.  We'll see how it pans out...

This is a bad, bad, bad trade. Yes, Buffalo traded Dareus for a sixth, but it's because the previous regime overpaid a clearly unmotivated Dareus.

Lee was only making a shade over 2 per... there was nothing to be gained selling him low.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

So the end result of the Ragland trade is it was used to move up for Knox.  We'll see how it pans out...

Still don’t know how we got a 4th and Lee got a 6th.  Ragland was a 2nd round pick coming off a torn ACL who had never played a regular season snap in the nfl. Lee is a 1st rounder with no ACL, going into his 4th season ... guessing it’s probably just that he will be a FA after this season 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lee, yuck. I remember a lot of Bills fans wanted him pre draft that year. I still don't understand why. He was the Andre Dillard, Mason Rudolph of that draft for me. 

I think he sucks, but in fairness to him, he is not a 3-4 inside linebacker. He was miscast from day 1. If the Chiefs play him as the WILL in their Spags 4-3, I think he could be serviceable. 

I still think he could be a top 5 WLB in the NFL. I would have done that trade in a hear beat. I still don’t know why the Jets drafted him, you have to factor in your scheme when building a draft board. Similar to when the Bills thought Lawson was athletic enough to play OLB in a 3-4. Beane does an amazing job of finding talent that fits our scheme. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Huge waste for the Jets and a nice pick-up for the Chiefs.

I think it will end Ragland time between FA and this pick-up.

Nice Job of Beane getting a 4th for Ragland.

That 4th was involved in moving up to nab Dawson Knox. 

The 5th he got for McCarron was used to get Ford.

He got a 2nd for Sammy Watkins , 3rd for Darby which basically got us Allen and Edmunds. 

Beane is THE MAN!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, ok, I gotta head over to the Jets board and see how they're holding up after all this today...

edit: as expected, not well

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/lee-traded-to-kc-for-a-6th-roundet.92405/

Thanks much for the highly entertaining link Dr D!! Love to wallow in other hated fan bases’ misery—(besides noticing their board has no salty language censorship in honor of today apparently) my favorite gem is from “Broadway Sam,” who opines,I thought the Gase hire would take at least a season to prove to be awful but wow he exceeded expectations.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 2

Keep this in mind: if Beane keeps drafting the way he does, imagine what our roster will look like in a couple of more years.  :)

Edited by Peace Frog