High praise from Gil Brandt for the Bills’ offseason moves

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills are far from the only team that needs their QB to stay healthy.  Matt Barkley did well enough in the game he played last season, I think the Bills could withstand losing Allen for a game or two.  A lot would depend on who the opponent is.

Yeah it's another case of offseason nonsense talk from Limeaid.

Keeping your QB healthy is important for everyone but Allen ain't the Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers of this team yet.   He didn't exactly scorch the league with his performance at QB.    He struggled as a rookie and got by against the softer side of the schedule doing a lot of things he hopefully won't even have to try this year.

It's entirely possible that the defense that the organization has expended four #1 picks on in the past 4 drafts could be really good and they could Jauron Ball their way with Barkley at the helm to 9 wins and a tie-breaker aided playoff berth.    Stranger things have happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nice to hear Gil with a little Bills love.  Not sure how that guy remembers so much about players from like 1940 - 2025.

Also, thank goodness we have so many fans here that remind us to temper our enthusiasm - wouldn't wan't to get too optimistic in May!  Hell, it might rain all summer, we don't know...

:beer:

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Nice to hear Gil with a little Bills love.  Not sure how that guy remembers so much about players from like 1940 - 2025.

Also, thank goodness we have so many fans here that remind us to temper our enthusiasm - wouldn't wan't to get too optimistic in May!  Hell, it might rain all summer, we don't know...

:beer:

The journey is the reward, Heitz.

What we know is that the Bills will play *about* 48 hours of football that counts this year and the average TSW poster will probably spend about 20X that much time discussing team related matters here or tailgating with other Bills fans etc..   Maybe stop hating your fellow fans for being objective(or even critical) of the much smaller, product portion of the equation that hasn't been competitive for the past couple decades.  :beer: 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

At some point.......after decades of following the NFL......... you should be able to learn that the kind of rationale in your post is just your offseason brain forgetting how the NFL really plays out.    

I mean, for instance.........do you think that teams will continue to allow Allen to run for 100 yards per game or will they look at what Detroit and the Pats did to shut him down and employ those defensive tactics?    Adjustments will be made........he won't be able to play exactly like he did in the final six games..........Allen will have to be a lot better at QB'ing than RB'ing this year.    

And that's just one of MANY variables.

At this point there really is no floor............Allen could improve and the team could lose 8 games by a FG or less and wind up 4-12.    Remember Drew Brees went 7-9 for three straight years recently.   Check out Philip Rivers record under Mike McCoy before Anthony Lynn came in and turned that organization around.     Even HOF QB's can be undermined by circumstance.

This is so true. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I mean, for instance.........do you think that teams will continue to allow Allen to run for 100 yards per game or will they look at what Detroit and the Pats did to shut him down and employ those defensive tactics?    Adjustments will be made........he won't be able to play exactly like he did in the final six games..........Allen will have to be a lot better at QB'ing than RB'ing this year.    

Defensive plans this year will be make Josh Allen be a QB.  See if he responds any better than our previous QB that had this thrown at him.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The journey is the reward, Heitz.

What we know is that the Bills will play *about* 48 hours of football that counts this year and the average TSW poster will probably spend about 20X that much time discussing team related matters here or tailgating with other Bills fans etc..   Maybe stop hating your fellow fans for being objective(or even critical) of the much smaller, product portion of the equation that hasn't been competitive for the past couple decades.  :beer: 

Right, so why not enjoy that journey, instead of hand-wringing about things that may or may not happen?  Gil gave us praise, let's embrace it, at least until we're proven to suck.

And I don't *hate* fans for anything, I'm just, as you said, trying to enjoy the journey - so stop bringing me down, bro! ??  And as they say, past performance isn't indicative of future results...:beer:

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Heitz said:

Right, so why not enjoy that journey, instead of hand-wringing about things that may or may not happen?  Gil gave us praise, let's embrace it, at least until we're proven to suck.

And I don't *hate* fans for anything, I'm just, as you said, trying to enjoy the journey - so stop bringing me down, bro! ??  And as they say, past performance isn't indicative of future results...:beer:

Badolbilz is one of those sharp darksiders I value, though I resist the notion that objectivity is fundamentally the domain of the pessimists.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Heitz said:

Exactly. It’s not helpful or productive to repeat the same criticism over and over and over while at the same time demeaning or making fun of those fans who choose to look at things optimistically. 

There is WAY too much “I need you to agree with me” around here on both sides. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, SoTier said:

So, if neither Allen nor Edmunds improves significantly and the team has another 6 win season, you're okay with that?   Really?  

No, I wouldn't be okay with that. I expect this won't be the case. I believe we'll see the appropriate next step for each of these guys which means each unit gets markedly better. 

This organization needs continuity and stability. We're seeing it in real time. I recommend you jump on board. This is gonna be fun. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Heitz said:

Oh, c'mon........you understand the nature of a message board and entertainment/enjoyment..............the most boring, un-fun message board ever is one where the subject matter isn't hotly debated.

You could get what you are asking for from BB.com or following Chris Brown on twitter.    But who ACTUALLY wants that?   They certainly aren't here.:lol:

1 hour ago, eball said:

Exactly. It’s not helpful or productive to repeat the same criticism over and over and over while at the same time demeaning or making fun of those fans who choose to look at things optimistically. 

There is WAY too much “I need you to agree with me” around here on both sides. 

Nothing said on this site is helpful or productive eball.      It really is just entertainment.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh, c'mon........you understand the nature of a message board and entertainment/enjoyment..............the most boring, un-fun message board ever is one where the subject matter isn't hotly debated.

You could get what you are asking for from BB.com or following Chris Brown on twitter.    But who ACTUALLY wants that?   They certainly aren't here.:lol:

We WANT BADO on that wall, we NEED him on that wall!  ?:beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nothing said on this site is helpful or productive eball.      It really is just entertainment.   

You see, this attitude is a problem. Sure, it’s entertainment, but this is also a community. A lot of folks on here know each other. You saying it’s ok to come in and take a dump on everyone because “it’s just fun and nobody cares” is disturbing and says quite a bit about you. 

I have NEVER asked for people to praise OBD and toe the company line. Never. You have opinions about what the Bills could do better, that’s awesome. Let’s talk about them. But a growing number of folks have lost any sense of civility and simply want to beat others down. That ain’t cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Yes he is sharp like a shared AIDS needle.

Nobody mixes nonsense with creepy darkness and then delivers it like he's struck gold the way you do Limey.   Don't ever become self aware.:lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, eball said:

You see, this attitude is a problem. Sure, it’s entertainment, but this is also a community. A lot of folks on here know each other. You saying it’s ok to come in and take a dump on everyone because “it’s just fun and nobody cares” is disturbing and says quite a bit about you. 

I have NEVER asked for people to praise OBD and toe the company line. Never. You have opinions about what the Bills could do better, that’s awesome. Let’s talk about them. But a growing number of folks have lost any sense of civility and simply want to beat others down. That ain’t cool. 

You always go off rails...........dissenting opinion is not "taking a dump on" you.:lol:

But if it were coprophilia it would be more of a Dirty Sanchez than a Cleveland Steamer...........a playful sh*tstache moreso than a disrespectful 2 pounder.:thumbsup:  

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

At some point.......after decades of following the NFL......... you should be able to learn that the kind of rationale in your post is just your offseason brain forgetting how the NFL really plays out.    

And that's just one of MANY variables.

At this point there really is no floor............Allen could improve and the team could lose 8 games by a FG or less and wind up 4-12.    Remember Drew Brees went 7-9 for three straight years recently.   Check out Philip Rivers record under Mike McCoy before Anthony Lynn came in and turned that organization around.     Even HOF QB's can be undermined by circumstance.

All Anthony Lynn had to do was not be a colossal failure. He got the easiest gig in all of sports. Great defensive line, hall of fame QB, tons of offensive weapons.

And he still managed to miss the playoffs in his first year (McDermott got the Bills in with FAR less talent in his first year).

13 hours ago, MJS said:

All Anthony Lynn had to do was not be a colossal failure. He got the easiest gig in all of sports. Great defensive line, hall of fame QB, tons of offensive weapons.

And he still managed to miss the playoffs in his first year (McDermott got the Bills in with FAR less talent in his first year).

The Chargers were 4-12 and 5-11 in the two years before Anthony Lynn arrived.

21-11 since.

Done while playing two years entirely out of market without a home field advantage. 

So, you're wrong.

Do better.

• Like (+1) 2