Did anyone ever cheat in school?

I know a guy who plagerized a paper in college at UGA. They made him sit out an entire year if he wanted a diploma from UGA. He worked for a year, went back and graduated. They don’t kid around! It’s a good thing the priest who taught my English Lit class was unfamiliar with Eric Clapton lyrics!    ?

In elementary school I got called in to the teacher along with another kid (Bobby, I know you’re out there!). Somebody was cheating! Turns out my answer to a math question was SO FAR OFF, only one person could come up with it. That’s how Bobby got caught. I wish I’d done it on purpose....

Later in life I made cheat sheets with print so small I could never read it today!  Just making the cheat sheet usually was enough to make me remember it, so I never pulled them out.  As far as you know. 

I missed the first ever in class exam I had in college because I was at my grandfather's funeral.  On my first day back on campus, the professor set up a time in the afternoon to take the exam.  That morning, I went to the weekly TA-lead discussion session that was a part of the class, not realizing they were passing out the grading exams.  I explained my situation to the random girl sitting next to me and she handed me her exam after the class.  It was a huge class, so the professor used 2 or 3 different exams.  The one she gave me wound up being the same one I got.  So yeah, I nailed that one.

And before anyone asks, I was too clueless at that stage in my life to realize that I could have nailed more than just the exam.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

When I was in high school, anybody taking a final exam were all put in the school gym. A teacher was telling me she saw a student copying the answers from another one, and it was glaringly obvious. At first, she was gonna say something. Then realized the idiot was copying from someone taking a different test, so just let it be and let the kid seal his own fate.

• Haha (+1) 1

It’s not cheating, per se, but who didn’t look for the used text books with wisdom from years gone by scribbled in the margins? I had one professor try to get me to change majors based upon my immense wisdom demonstrated day after day. Well, I HAD learned how to read, and the notes did seem to make sense, so.....

For first year Psych it was a 40 question multiple choice every second Friday, 3 different tests randomly for the 12 classes

one residence member was sleeping with a TA and got all three copies the day before a test

even with six of us going at the tests open book there were 5 questions on each so ambiguous that it was infuriating 

memorizing the 120 answer key was harder than playing it straight and doing a half-effort as a student

and sitting there for 50 minutes when done in 2 and pretending wasn’t fun

——————

for a bird elective in anthropology an assignment was phonetically spell out on paper from 1-10 in a language other than English 

i bought a dozen donuts for the summer job  lunch room and got a worker to help me in Portuguese, got 9 of 10

the class of 400 was 90% Chinese and 260 were caught cheating and failed out of the course on this easy task....

Not sure if it's cheating. But my dad had a teacher in high school who loved teaching history, and was great at it. However, he was also forced to teach English, which he put almost no effort into. All of the questions on the test were literally just the review questions from the back of the cliff notes "study" guide. So they wouldn't even have to read the cliff notes. Just the study guide in the back.

In college I had a professor suddenly announce mid exam that it was OK for everyone to take 60 seconds to cheat as they wished.  The 60 seconds passed with everyone basically looking at each other wondering if he was serious or if this was a trick.  I never asked why he did this.  I can only guess he saw someone cheating and this was a way to put an end to it.

In H.S. The physics teacher gave the exact same multiple choice tests for years.  Everyone had copies of them.  It was sheer laziness on his part not to change anything about them. On the other hand we all had to realize that we were in no way prepared for the Regents exam so in the end we still had to study the material. 

• Haha (+1) 1

————

i typed the same paper on politics in Nicaragua in 1985 for $40 each time in first year residence.  The originator got an A+ and the other two were caught, one kicked out for a year and the other a failure for the course only

—————-

not cheating but in high school a teacher was so lazy and whacked out that 30 of 40 multiple choice questions of A-D were A, i was having so many doubts halfway through

he also put out a sheet on computer definitions the last class of the term that wound up being 90 percent of the term exam, I got 100 and 2/3 of the class got less than 10 percent on it

———-

for HS physics we had some brain in the class for which the teacher would start a test by saying he was gonna make it so hard that the brain wouldn’t get perfect 

the rest of us were like WTH every test... especially on statics

the brain got 100 every time and also wrote a 20 line poem about the test, read out proudly by the teacher 

Edited by row_33

20 minutes ago, row_33 said:

——————

for a bird elective in anthropology an assignment was phonetically spell out on paper from 1-10 in a language other than English 

i bought a dozen donuts for the summer job  lunch room and got a worker to help me in Portuguese, got 9 of 10

the class of 400 was 90% Chinese and 260 were caught cheating and failed out of the course on this easy task....

I had a housemate from Abilene, TX who’s parents were both doctors from Mexico. They spoke Spanish at home, so he decided it would be an easy A as an elective. Well, apparently it was not that Spanish. He got a D in what he thought was his native tongue. He might have benefitted from a little effort and putting down the bong once in a while. 

My home life was messed up. All I had to do was go to class most of the time, stay quiet and feigned effort at homework and tests.

Always got a passing grade come report card time. Parents weren't thrilled, but thought it satisfactory. No need to cheat, too much work to do so.

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I had a housemate from Abilene, TX who’s parents were both doctors from Mexico. They spoke Spanish at home, so he decided it would be an easy A as an elective. Well, apparently it was not that Spanish. He got a D in what he thought was his native tongue. He might have benefitted from a little effort and putting down the bong once in a while. 

You’d pick an easy elective and it would backfire, the proverbial “Jazz for beginners” that wound up having to memorize 50 albums for a hearing test worth 80%

we we had a guaranteed A+ for Canadian Geography,  just label the great lakes and an X where the profs cottage was.

but my time there he got sick and was replaced by a kook who  lectured on acid rain and upsetting the caribou when planes flew overhead and we were totally screwed out of the easy A+

5 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

My home life was messed up. All I had to do was go to class most of the time, stay quiet and feigned effort at homework and tests.

Always got a passing grade come report card time. Parents weren't thrilled, but thought it satisfactory. No need to cheat, too much work to do so.

what was your major?  Most of my floor in residence were Engineering and they were smart and worked twice as hard as me and were terrified the whole year that they were going to flunk out

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what was your major? 

Not failing.

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Most of my floor in residence were Engineering and they were smart and worked twice as hard as me and were terrified the whole year that they were going to flunk out

Two of my kids went to college for Engineering and at times got a bit overwhelmed. My other kid went to law school, thought a straight jacket was going to be needed. 

I was secretly dating my English teacher.  Got straight As in that class because I studied hard and wrote great essays.  I used to cheat on her rampantly with the gym teacher though.  Looking back that was unethical.  Is that what you mean?  

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, I certainly plagiarized a chit ton on papers! I was always a good test taker..not so good at homework and papers.

True story..Accounting class in college, teacher was truly outstanding. I never missed a class, paid attention like crazy. but.never did a homework assignment. And she assigned homework every class. Homework was 10% of grade.

.i got nothing but like 98-100 on the tests...i was good with a B, or maybe even an A if it meant not doing a stitch of homework. But she was insistent i was cheating cause no way could i get those grades and not do homework, so she moved me to the front of the class and right next to her desk for tests and quizzes

She finally agreed I was not cheating,  was flattered when I told her it was just great teaching.. I am B student at best...I smoked the final and she gave me the A anyway!!!! 

I never again want to hear you complain about the Sabres not giving a full effort and just being satisfied with less than one's best! You know the saying: Judge not lest ye be judged. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, row_33 said:

You’d pick an easy elective and it would backfire, the proverbial “Jazz for beginners” that wound up having to memorize 50 albums for a hearing test worth 80%

we we had a guaranteed A+ for Canadian Geography,  just label the great lakes and an X where the profs cottage was.

but my time there he got sick and was replaced by a kook who  lectured on acid rain and upsetting the caribou when planes flew overhead and we were totally screwed out of the easy A+

I took sociology of sports. Sounded like a piece of cake, and some of the basketball players were in it. Turns out, the professor was the Dean of the department (ALWAYS a bad idea, they want to show you how hard it is), and the hoops guys were serious students! Who knew??? I struggled in that class, maybe my only ever C+. 

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I was secretly dating my English teacher.  Got straight As in that class because I studied hard and wrote great essays.  I used to cheat on her rampantly with the gym teacher though.  Looking back that was unethical.  Is that what you mean?  

No, but that's a better story Fonzie.

Image result for fonzie gif

Edited by I am the egg man