Jets considering NFLN’s Daniel Jeremiah for “prominent FO role”

Jeremiah would be an excellent GM.

He's been in the front office before, serving alongside Ozzie Newsome, and he's as good as they get when it comes to player evaluation.

He's also a world-class good-guy.

I'd be surprised if he went for it though; he's passed on previous opportunities to focus his attention on family and faith.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Dang it. This would piss me off for many reasons.

1. Jeremiah is a smart guy who would be good for them.

2. Jeremiah is a personal favorite of mine and I wouldn’t want to root against him.

3. I just got used to Jeremiah replacing Mike Mayock as my main draft guy!

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Jeremiah would be an excellent GM.

He's been in the front office before, serving alongside Ozzie Newsome, and he's as good as they get when it comes to player evaluation.

He's also a world-class good-guy.

I'd be surprised if he went for it though; he's passed on previous opportunities to focus his attention on family and faith.

I’m also not sure he will uproot his family from southern California. He has school age kids. 

33 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Dang it. This would piss me off for many reasons.

1. Jeremiah is a smart guy who would be good for them.

2. Jeremiah is a personal favorite of mine and I wouldn’t want to root against him.

3. I just got used to Jeremiah replacing Mike Mayock as my main draft guy!

All of this.  Love DJ & Bucky's pods, especially pre draft when they really deep dive on prospects.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Glad this will happen (if it will) 20 days late. Otherwise, we would not have landed Ed Oliver.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026563/article/daniel-jeremiah-2019-nfl-mock-draft-30-drew-lock-to-packers

Edit: UMM maybe not - this was his updated mock

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027778/article/daniel-jeremiah-2019-nfl-mock-draft-40-redskins-land-haskins

this one reverses the DT order - has Quinnen W. over Ed Oliver

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Since when does being a great draft analyst on TV equate to having the skills necessary to run a football team? 

I'll just say I'm glad we have Brandon Beane, I like Mayock and Jeremiah both AS ANALYSTS, I DON'T necessarily have faith in either of them to be able to run a multi-million dollar organization.

This whole "He's good on TV, he MUST be a great GM candidate!" thing is mind boggling to me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

Since when does being a great draft analyst on TV equate to having the skills necessary to run a football team? 

I'll just say I'm glad we have Brandon Beane, I like Mayock and Jeremiah both AS ANALYSTS, I DON'T necessarily have faith in either of them to be able to run a multi-million dollar organization.

This whole "He's good on TV, he MUST be a great GM candidate!" thing is mind boggling to me. 

I mean, they get those jobs because they're knowledgeable football guys who usually have diverse backgrounds around the league. Being a GM really ranges all over the place from handling the cap to picking players, to hiring coaches. But it's like all other high level management, the GM is insulated by his group of experts. It's just his job to lead them. These guys' leadership qualities and decision making is something we don't see from the media side of things, but I imagine teams handle that in interviews. Not to mention, these guys are very well known in NFL circles. A GM needs to be good at management, have a good understanding of how the league works, and be good at making decisions... It seems like Jeremiah probably checks those boxes. 

Unlike mayock (from what I recall) DJ has actual NFL FO experience. I do suspect he’s being courted to replace Heimerdinger and not Mac. I think the guy from the Eagles will be the GM

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I love you, dude, but did this need it's own thread? You already own the original.

It’s really more about Jeremiah than it is the Gase power struggle victory  

• Like (+1) 1