Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Pegulas intentions are there, but to this point he's demonstrated a whole hell of a lot of cluelessness as owner, much like the Johnsons in NY.

What is inaccurate about that statement?

Look at the mess that are the Buffalo Sabres. 

Don't disagree.

The Sabres are still trying. They have been a tire fire. 

If Allen pans out they'll be fine, even if McBeane can't figure it out someone else will when you have a franchise QB.

Dude you are so confused and damaged right now I don’t know what to say. Lately you’ve been contradicting yourself in almost every post. It’s a comedy of errors. The Bills will be fine if Allen pans out, but who maneuvered to get him? The guy you have no confidence in. The Pegulas are “clueless” but what have they really done besides hiring people and attempting to let them do their jobs, all the while significantly upgrading the facilities to protect and attract players? They made a bad decision to trust Brandon when hiring Rex. Really, that’s the only thing Bills-related one could look back upon and attach the word “clueless” to...and they weren’t the only ones fooled. 

Why don’t you give the Bills a break for a while and come back to enjoy the season once it has started. Do you really think folks around here want to hear “I’ll believe it when I see it” and “McBeane hasn’t done anything yet” every time they read a post of yours? It would be great to see you contribute to this forum in some sort of meaningful way. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The similarities are their between Pegula and Johnson.

Two indecisive owners who aren't the most knowledgeable and competent sports guys in the world. 

I think Pegula wanted to keep Whaley aboard and then changed his mind after the hire of McDermott. 

Typically franchise hires their GM before their HC. ?

You may think that, but guys with some inside gouge (namely, one John Wawrow) have flat out said about the Rex post-firing presser:

"Before that press conference, Whaley had a future in the (Bills) organization.  After that press conference, he didn't"

(paraphrased, I can't find the post, but pretty durn close to what Wawrow actually wrote)

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You may think that, but guys with some inside gouge (namely, one John Wawrow) have flat out said about the Rex post-firing presser:

"Before that press conference, Whaley had a future in the (Bills) organization.  After that press conference, he didn't"

remind me what happened?

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

remind me what happened?

Seriously?  OK.

Whaley held a press conference after Rex Ryan's firing where he 1) came across very badly 2) embarrassed the Pegulas and basically threw them under the bus.  He said things that strained credulity - claimed to have not discussed Ryan's firing with the Pegulas (maybe)and hadn't thought about it/didn't ask about it (really?).  He was asked questions about why should we (the media) trust that the next head coaching search was going to be different than the previous 2, and he really didn't have good answers - said stuff like "because I'll be leading it" which didn't give confidence at the time.

He was widely excoriated in the media afterwards, and whilst I think they did a bit of the media feeding frenzy thing, a lot of it was deserved.

Here's one story I found with a quick search but there are many and worse:

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/02/10-head-scratching-moments-doug-whaleys-press-conference/

There were a number of clues during the subsequent coaching search that it wasn't necessarily going in the direction Whaley might have driven it.

During McDermott's introductory presser, there were also a number of indications that Whaley was probably a lame duck, including McDermott's careful answers to questions about how he felt about working with Doug Whaley (something to the effect of "the Pegulas have made sure I'm comfortable with the organization and I appreciate that")

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The similarities are their between Pegula and Johnson.

Two indecisive owners who aren't the most knowledgeable and competent sports guys in the world. 

I think Pegula wanted to keep Whaley aboard and then changed his mind after the hire of McDermott

Typically franchise hires their GM before their HC. ?

I don't know where you get this stuff from.

NY Jets CEO Chris Johnson is the brother of Woody Johnson who owns the NY Jets and he is the bumbling bumkin who couldn't keep his hands off the team's football side. 

(NY Jets owner, Woody Johnson is currently the US ambassador to the UK who was nominated by Trump in 2017)

From what I see in Buffalo is completely different from the Jets. In that, the Pegula's listened to Russ Brandon/Doug Whaley in the hiring of Rex Ryan and once they realized that they had hired a buffoon, they fired him! After that, they realized that both Whaley, Brandon weren't very good at running an NFL Team. Then went on to fire Whaley and make a move to ensure Russ Brandon was away from the football side of the Org. 

From what I've come to understand is that the Pegula's hired Bills GM Brandon Beane after consulting with many, many NFL people. It wasn't just McD's hire. Knowing that I'd have to think the Pegula's quietly did the very same thing before they hired Sean McDermott. These new Bills owners are very "Hands Off" from what I see! Which is such a refreshing change from the old ownership. 

Looking over what has transpired since the 2017 NFL season It certainly looks to me like these new Buffalo Bills owners did their homework in hiring McD/Beane! I know I haven't felt this good about this franchise since Marv Levy hired Ex-Colts HC Ted Marchibroda after the 1988 season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What makes you think Brandon was the one who pushed them to hire Rex? That was all the Pegulas. 

The advice to the Pegulas from Brandon was to ‘not let Rex out of the building’.  John Kryk, Toronto Sun, January 14, 2015.  

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

31 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously?  OK.

Whaley held a press conference after Rex Ryan's firing where he 1) came across very badly 2) embarrassed the Pegulas and basically threw them under the bus

He said things that strained credulity - claimed to have not discussed Ryan's firing with the Pegulas (maybe)and hadn't thought about it/didn't ask about it (really?).  He was asked questions about why should we (the media) trust that the next head coaching search was going to be different than the previous 2, and he really didn't have good answers - said stuff like "because I'll be leading it" which didn't give confidence at the time.

He was widely excoriated in the media afterwards, and whilst I think they did a bit of the feeding frenzy thing, a lot of it was deserved.

Here:

https://buffalonews.com/2017/01/02/10-head-scratching-moments-doug-whaleys-press-conference/

...Whaley was a terrible public speaker.......need to be an extrovert to be successful.....as far as Wrecks, I can share that close friends of mine got a text from Brandon after the hire asking, "so what do you think?"......he was certainly taking credit for it and probably overrode Whaley.....if I remember, season tix topped 60,000 with the hire.....thus it was a Brandon marketing ploy that he sold to the Pegulas and had NOTHING to do with this azzclown's abilities as a HC.....if not, why was his tenure short lived while Pegula ate MEGAbucks contractually?....

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously?  OK.

Whaley held a press conference after Rex Ryan's firing where he 1) came across very badly 2) embarrassed the Pegulas and basically threw them under the bus

He said things that strained credulity - claimed to have not discussed Ryan's firing with the Pegulas (maybe)and hadn't thought about it/didn't ask about it (really?).  He was asked questions about why should we (the media) trust that the next head coaching search was going to be different than the previous 2, and he really didn't have good answers - said stuff like "because I'll be leading it" which didn't give confidence at the time.

He was widely excoriated in the media afterwards, and whilst I think they did a bit of the feeding frenzy thing, a lot of it was deserved.

Here:

Thanks! I was way more passive during the Rex years and only caught bits and pieces until I plugged back in during the 2017 season. 

edit after reading link: Dang... that’s some serious career implosion...

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

You take this ***** way too personal.

What makes you think Brandon was the one who pushed them to hire Rex? That was all the Pegulas. 

It's a message board and a differing opinion. It's friendly discussion. Don't get so bent out of shape over it. If my posts bother you that much just hit ignore or maybe you should be the one that takes a break. 

...and you have the facts to prove  it versus rampant speculation as usual.....

51 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's a message board and a differing opinion. It's friendly discussion. Don't get so bent out of shape over it. If my posts bother you that much just hit ignore or maybe you should be the one that takes a break. 

You don’t seem to understand. 

You. Are. A. Broken. Record. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

But some people do take sports personally.  Maybe you may want to take your own advice and ignore all of the homer and hopeful posters.

You could save a lot of time in your day not having to reply to all of us.

I must admit I sometimes find myself confused as to what enjoyment Buffalo Bills football gives you.

That's not a question, just an observation.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:15 PM, Forward Progress said:

Chronologically, Cher came before Madonna who came before Spears, so Cher (along with Stevie Nicks and Joni Mitchell) are all Pre-Madonna's.  Until another Madonna comes along, Spears can't be a Pre-Madonna.

Tossing you a like for following this semantic stream to its source.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:53 PM, formerlyofCtown said:

Pre-Modanna doesnt mean before Madonna.

You're right.

It means before "Modanna."

Also, a hint (spelling of Madonna aside): you're literally, semantically wrong. "Pre-" as a prefix does mean "previous to; before."

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

No ***** they do. Which is why everyone gets pissed when I'm critical. Just because I'm critical doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching them play. 

You're not simply critical, you're a bore. You repeat yourself ad nauseum and don’t provide a bit of insight or thoughtful discussion. Here’s a summary of your content:

“What are you criticizing other teams for, you idiots, the Bills suck too.”

”The Bills were ready to contend before Beane and McD came in and unnecessarily traded away or cut all of their good players.”

”McD and Beane haven’t proven a thing yet.”

”The Pegulas are clueless.”

Yeah, I’m sure you REALLY enjoy watching them play. ??

By contrast, there are a number of posters who are critical but can at least articulate their specific concerns and not live in the past. You could learn a thing or two. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, eball said:

You're not simply critical, you're a bore. You repeat yourself ad nauseum and don’t provide a bit of insight or thoughtful discussion. Here’s a summary of your content:

“What are you criticizing other teams for, you idiots, the Bills suck too.”

”The Bills were ready to contend before Beane and McD came in and unnecessarily traded away or cut all of their good players.”

”McD and Beane haven’t proven a thing yet.”

”The Pegulas are clueless.”

Yeah, I’m sure you REALLY enjoy watching them play. ??

By contrast, there are a number of posters who are critical but can at least articulate their specific concerns and not live in the past. You could learn a thing or two. 

I'm so glad someone else has taken up this burden. Thank you, sir, sincerely.