Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

4 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Let’s not pile on the Jets.   We have virtually no idea what the Bills will be this season.

We could be the next train wreck come spring of 2020.

Oh we have an idea. Better than the Jets.

7 hours ago, whatdrought said:

If you’re tweeting about it, then it’s a problem.... this guy. 

Twitter has very often served to prove the old adage: ‘better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt’.

As for Gase, have any of you seen Gase and Darth Sidious in the same room at the same time?  Coincidence?  I think not!  He’s being manipulated by the dark side of the Force.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dear Adam,

Don't listen to the naysayers. I think you will do great...and I know GREAT! I got a raw deal, too, but it was New York City's and the greater New Jersey area's loss. If you ever need any advice or another assistant, please don't hesitate to give me a call. I'm available for mentoring, as well. GO JETS!

Sincerely,

Rich Kotite

Image result for rich kotite jets

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

They wish.

My exact thought. Are they even aware they have been in last place for 3 straight years? Even the year before that when they were decent they got knocked out of the playoffs by Rex freaking Ryan. Sad!

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My exact thought. Are they even aware they have been in last place for 3 straight years? Even the year before that when they were decent they got knocked out of the playoffs by Rex freaking Ryan. Sad!

Jets fans are typically not self-aware.  Again they wish they were the Bills and had just made the playoffs 2 seasons ago.

12 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Whatever Jets guy.

He does have a point.  We don't yet know what we got, and the Jets could go from "tire fire" to 9-7 or 8-8 just as we did when Marrone vacated. 

The talent that Maccagnan brought in will still be there this season.

Suffering from an injection of reality doesn't make him a Jets fan.

Me, I still gotta point and giggle, though. ? ???

14 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Let’s not pile on the Jets.   We have virtually no idea what the Bills will be this season.

We could be the next train wreck come spring of 2020.

I think we may be an underperforming team if Allen and Edmunds don't take the expected steps, but  I don't think we'll be "the next train wreck" or clown show.

After the Whaley/Rex debacle which made the Pegulas look seriously bad, I believe their #1 job criterion for new coach/GM was to hire professionals.

What I mean by "professional" here, is a guy who wants to stay in the industry, and who will keep his lip buttoned to the media,  stomp on leaks, shut the office door, and thrash things out in private then keep 'em that way. 

Whether or not they're "all that and a bag of chips" as coach/GM is still TBD, but I think the Pegulas succeeded with the above.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

A head coach also being GM is never a good idea.  Neither is having a coordinator thrust upon you.  This should end well.

I love it.  The Bills built around JA with great OL, and good WR/RB signings this offseason.  The Jets added big ticket free agents like Mosley(after Barr walked right out the door), Bell (who Gase doesnt even want), and Q Williams (blesses himself after he sneezes). I like Q, but the jets and giants are duking it out for dumbest org in football rn.  

• Like (+1) 1