Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They also waited 3 weeks after the draft - the Bills fired Whaley the day after. It’s like the Jets didn’t know wtf they wanted to do. 

Gase had control over the 53 in Miami .... which was a disaster. So I guess the Jets woke up and decided they should pursue that level of disfunction. 

The guy ran Ajayi, Suh out of town and had issues with Davante. Not saying he was wrong about Suh or Davante. However he has had issues with players. Brought Cutler in. Didnt use Drake enough.

Unless I heard it wrong, he was upset about the Bell contract. He could potentially ruin the two divisional rivals at a time when Brady might retire. 

It would be amazing. Put him on the wall just to taunt him.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nah but don’t expect him to lay it on the line for Gase

For who? For what? I really didn't expect him to lay it on the line for Gase prior to this. Le'Veon strikes me as a guy who got his and will go into cruise control. Total speculation, but that's my hunch. I also think he's a bit overrated. Very nice player, but he was aided by an outstanding line and a HOF QB who fed him the ball in perfect spots to accumulate YAC. I think he'll be productive, but certainly not worth that contract. Not as down on the Jets as most, but I expect Bell to be a minor disappointment.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

Has anyone else noticed how different Adam Gase looks with and without a hat on?  Maybe the jets thought he was two different people, hence the two jobs. 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

That would be an interesting personality for a GM.

He’d start by piping in out of rhythm circus bigtop music and replacing all the shampoo in the showers with the Joker’s special toxic green hair dye. 

@RossTuckerNFL

Adam Gase got the GM fired, alienated the team's best offensive player, became the only coach with a GM title, brought the circus back to town, and traded a starting LB for peanuts all within 10 hours. That's a heck of a day.

?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

Holy Crap - they traded Darron Lee too. For a 6th round pick!  Ha!!

honestly, he’s not awesome but just the mere fact that he got the GM role a few hours ago and trades a starting LB for a 6th is amazing!

This is hilarious. You literally can not make this s up.  No doubt many NFL prognosticators will double down on their Jets ball washing, but to see this franchise as anything more than a joke at this point is to have a world class suspension of disbelief,   

Edited by FLFan

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

i'm surprised more coaches haven't been gms.  belichick is the only guy now that does it i believe.  i think chip kelly was.  been some other random ones but it never lasted that i remember.  

Being an NFL head coach is an 18 hour a day job.  Very few people can handle that grind for more than a few years.  Even fewer can handle that and the responsibilities of being the GM.  GMs do a lot more than draft and cap issues.  Ultimately, I think this is good news for the Bills because I think Gase is going to have difficulty doing both jobs well with the end result being a weaker Jets team on the field.  

Another thing to watch closely is how Bell reacts to getting dissed by Gase.  Bell just got paid, he rolled the dice and lost, he actually would have gotten more money had he taken the Steeler's original offer.  He burned his bridges there and wanted out.  Now he is going to a new team where it's all over the media that the head coach didn't really want him.  Wait until he has a bad game and the New York media starts to lampoon him in the papers and the always forgiving Jet's fans on social media start calling him a bust. 

I don't think it will be too long before he starts thinking, "I've got my money now, maybe I should think about life after football and not destroy my body for a team and fans that treat me bad."  Should be very interesting...  

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Being an NFL head coach is an 18 hour a day job.  Very few people can handle that grind for more than a few years.  Even fewer can handle that and the responsibilities of being the GM.  GMs do a lot more than draft and cap issues.  Ultimately, I think this is good news for the Bills because I think Gase is going to have difficulty doing both jobs well with the end result being a weaker Jets team on the field.  

Another thing to watch closely is how Bell reacts to getting dissed by Gase.  Bell just got paid, he rolled the dice and lost, he actually would have gotten more money had he taken the Steeler's original offer.  He burned his bridges there and wanted out.  Now he is going to a new team where it's all over the media that the head coach didn't really want him.  Wait until he has a bad game and the New York media starts to lampoon him in the papers and the always forgiving Jet's fans on social media start calling him a bust. 

I don't think it will be too long before he starts thinking, "I've got my money now, maybe I should think about life after football and not destroy my body for a team and fans that treat me bad."  Should be very interesting...  

Bell will soon come to realize he is no longer running behind the Steelers line with the threat of a serious passing game. 

• Like (+1) 1