Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

6 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Jets problem has been that the Coach and the GM each report to the Owner.  Because of this there is a vast potential for back-biting.  They need to have the coach report to the GM.  I think Gates is a pretty good coach but has done nothing to merit being a GM.

I believe the Bills setup is also the same.  Sean and Beane report to the Pegulas.

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Just as long as he doesnt stay as GM and promote  Greggo.

After all he was probably offered the HC job 5 times but turned it down so Gase could get it.  Just ask him he will tell you.

Would be funnier if Gregg Williams was offered GM job.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Is this all that different from what we did with Whaley?

We didnt let Whaley spend millions on top of millions in free agency. Also Whaley, while him and his staff were around for reference, McDermott ran that draft.

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I do agree with you, I just think there is a parallel there. If you remember, there was a lot of national negative criticism after the Bills fired Whaley and the scouts after the draft. Many who were not following the Bills closely scratched their heads and were confused about the timing, just like in this situation.

Looking back, everything is clear and the moves make sense. 

No it does not make sense to fire all of the scouts and then hire 3 back.

It does not make sense to fire all of the coaches under contract (other than ST Coordinator) and then hire coaches who you fire in a year.

Negative criticism on firings are warranted.

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

They Had an idiot for a GM.  As did the Jets.  Gase has recognized his deficiencies in the D department and hired Greggo.

You didn't like MacCagnan?  I thought he had the Jets going in the right direction.  Agree that Greggo is a good DC hire.

Not sure what to think of Chris Grier in Miami.  Have to see if he gels with the new HC.  I hope not!

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

We could be the next train wreck come spring of 2020

If so, that is the end of McD, and possibly Beane.  I would personally lean against this happening.

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No it does not make sense to fire all of the scouts and then hire 3 back.

It does not make sense to fire all of the coaches under contract (other than ST Coordinator) and then hire coaches who you fire in a year.

Negative criticism on firings are warranted.

It does make sense if it gets you to where you want to go.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You didn't like MacCagnan?  I thought he had the Jets going in the right direction.  Agree that Greggo is a good DC hire.

Not sure what to think of Chris Grier in Miami.  Have to see if he gels with the new HC.  I hope not!

The players He will have on D in NJ are scary.

13 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Let’s not pile on the Jets.   We have virtually no idea what the Bills will be this season.

We could be the next train wreck come spring of 2020.

Nah, I'll pile on the Jets. Thanks for the advice.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Let’s not pile on the Jets.   We have virtually no idea what the Bills will be this season.

We could be the next train wreck come spring of 2020.

Pig pile on the Jets is the only way to go here. 

• Like (+1) 2