Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Woody Johnson, 2 months ago:

“I think he’s terrific at his job,” Johnson said about Maccagnan in March. “He has a plan that I believe in. It’s really key that he’s working well with Adam.”

...pretty sure he was out with Irsay the night before..."magic" in the glove box...............whoa Woody......

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

I must have missed the parts where McDermott's team lacked identity and character, where McDermott was publicly calling out his players for lack of effort, or where players who left the team made public comments about how absolutely thankful they were to be away from that tire fire.

I get it, though. Context isn't a thing in ScottLaw land. 

One of only two offenses worse than the Bills. “offensive HC”

NFL Team Total Offense Statistics - 2018

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Thanks, appreciate it.  But you just ruined the losers fun.  Maybe I should spell something wrong or use bad punctuation. 

They got to re-live an old TBD-ism. That one goes a way back. All in good fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Gase made the playoffs with Tannehill as his QB.  HE has a terrific record in close games.  I expect him to be pretty decent.  But we will see. 

Oh, and good job, typo police.

And Dick Jauron made the playoffs with Jim Miller as his QB.  Was he a good coach, too?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

He did a terrible job in Cleveland. Especially with the safeties. 

..only a matter of time before Airhorn Greggy gets in a power struggle with the "Cornea Kid"......and who the hell said there was a major lull post draft??............

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..only a matter of time before Airhorn Greggy gets in a power struggle with the "Cornea Kid"......and who the hell said there was a major lull post draft??............

I really can’t think of a worse match than Gase and Greggo

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I think Gase was generally surprised by this like all of us.  I hear that when he found out his eyes bugged out of his head.

Stress and high blood pressure from the expanded work load.  ?

”You knew the job was dangerous when you took it...”

This stuff is one of the reasons why the Patriots manage to stay atop the division for nearly two decades. The Bills were right there with the Jets, Dolphins in trying to find the right QB, the right HC, the right GM.

To me, it looks like the Bills finally have their franchise QB, their next Polian in Beane and McD the next Marv. 

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Now I KNOW he's the right guy for the Bills!

Haha, I agree! 

McD doesn't need to be the next Belichick right away as all he needs to do is hire the right assistant coaches. When his first choice at OC didn't get it done he replaced him! The same happened with the O line, receivers coach and special teams coach. We already know that Leslie Frazier is a good DC, while the jury is out on Daboll, Heath Farwell the new ST coach. 

Beane did his job in rebuilding the O line, finding that franchise QB and rebuilding that core of ST players. Now the coaches need to prove their worth. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, seems like what the Bills did with McD and Whaley unless I’m not remembering something. 

Wonder if Gase has a guy he’s pushing. 

Gase is probably pushing Gase. He took the job under the pretense that he'd give up personnel decisions, but I think he'll always want complete control and cause issues until he can make that happen. 

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Is this all that different from what we did with Whaley?

Whaley knew in January 2017 he was gone after the draft. This seems like more of a surprise. I hadn't seen any speculation that NYJ was going to shake up their front office. 

Edited by blacklabel