Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

4 hours ago, eball said:

Yeah, seems like what the Bills did with McD and Whaley unless I’m not remembering something. 

Wonder if Gase has a guy he’s pushing. 

I don't think there was a power struggle between McD and Whaley at all

Whaley got the axe for that primary employment-related sin, "making your boss look bad in public"

We did let him go after the draft, but word was McD was making the picks based on scouting from Whaley and his crew.

27 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Greggo, Mac or gase? Because greggo's defense have been in the lower half of the league since he returned. Usually the lower 3rd. 

I guess he wasnt impressive in some areas but Im wasnt really impressed with the D roster outside of a few players.  I also liked the way Clev. started to play after he took over.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

5 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

The Jets problem has been that the Coach and the GM each report to the Owner.  Because of this there is a vast potential for back-biting.  They need to have the coach report to the GM.  I think Gates is a pretty good coach but has done nothing to merit being a GM.

You mean like we do?

Oh wait

PS it's Gase not Gates

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He went 10-6, 6-10, and 7-9. 

About the same as McDermott through two seasons. Just saying. ?

I must have missed the parts where McDermott's team lacked identity and character, where McDermott was publicly calling out his players for lack of effort, or where players who left the team made public comments about how absolutely thankful they were to be away from that tire fire.

I get it, though. Context isn't a thing in ScottLaw land. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

i get the point, but why bother?  would you be happy if the bills hired gase?  i'd be ready to drive down to obd and throw rocks at the building.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I tend to agree.... just a little ironic Bills fans are laughing at the Jets when the jury is still way out on the guys we have here and the Pegulas have demonstrated the same dysfunction the Jets have. 

...no way in hell could I have EVER anticipated this comparative post......caught me TOTALLY off guard...YAWN.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

9 minutes ago, teef said:

i get the point, but why bother?  would you be happy if the bills hired gase?  i'd be ready to drive down to obd and throw rocks at the building.

Anyone who believes Gase was canned only because of his record wasn’t paying attention 

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I don't get the Adam Gase love.  Without Peyton Manning he's never really had a good offense.  People talk about him like he's magic with QBs... which ones? The Hall of famer who was basically calling plays and protections at the lines?  He certainly didn't work any magic with Cutler and Tannehill.  

Posted by Mike Florio on May 15, 2019, 5:03 PM EDT

This has nothing to do with Adam,” Jets CEO and chairman Christopher Johnson told reporters on Wednesday regarding the firing of G.M. Mike Maccagnan, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

It has everything to do with Adam, who quickly emerges with the title of interim G.M. and who will be directly involved in hiring the next G.M. And who possibly will have final say over the football operations, whether in writing or implicitly.

Intentional or not, it was a coup. And Gase won it. And Johnson either isn’t telling the truth about it or he’s genuinely oblivious to it.

Regardless, the good news/bad news for Gase is that he’s now in charge. For better or worse. And if it’s not better, it will be worse for him, sooner than later.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I don't get the Adam Gase love.  Without Peyton Manning he's never really had a good offense.  People talk about him like he's magic with QBs... which ones? The Hall of famer who was basically calling plays and protections at the lines?  He certainly didn't work any magic with Cutler and Tannehill.  

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Anyone who believes Gase was canned only because of his record wasn’t paying attention 

I’m just glad the NJ Jets decided to ignore the full package! 

Well, if there’s anyone who can keep an eye on both jobs, it’s Gase.

The Jets might just be cash shy.  “Here’s an extra $20 a week, you’re now acting GM as well as coach”.  ?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Woody Johnson, 2 months ago:

“I think he’s terrific at his job,” Johnson said about Maccagnan in March. “He has a plan that I believe in. It’s really key that he’s working well with Adam.”

There’s an empty headed f*** if ever I heard one.

• Haha (+1) 1